Author Topic: Medway and Maidstone Cat Club Show  (Read 1749 times)

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
Re: Medway and Maidstone Cat Club Show
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2007, 20:21:39 PM »
But Mosi wants to know what's wrong with red 'uns  ;D

nothing at all Mosi  :Luv: it was just that this little girl was so tiny and petite and young that she looked particularly appealing with her little squirrel tail tucked over her nose  :Luv:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2007, 20:12:43 PM »
And Jaffa will want to know that too  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2007, 20:10:02 PM »
I think I have lost my heart to a silver somali kitten who was particularly adorable  :Luv:

They are  :Luv: :Luv: My next Somali is going to be a usual silver (or maybe a blue silver cos I love blues). 

But Mosi wants to know what's wrong with red 'uns  ;D

Offline Reynard

• Super Cat
  • Pearl & Poppy
    • Post 14 Digital Motorsport Photography
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2007, 22:57:44 PM »
Well I almost left the National with a cheeky little Devon Rex kitten in one pocket and a sublimely chunky tipped BSH in the other...  :evillaugh: So you're not alone, Jo!  ;)

P.S. Non-peds are still the best tho!   :evillaugh:

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2007, 22:28:10 PM »
thanks witty - I never doubted it, having been a breeder myself at one point in time. My only problem was parting with the kittens once i had seen them born and raised them to 16 weeks - they were all my babies!!! :Luv:

And that somali - well, what more can I say!! :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Offline Reynard

• Super Cat
  • Pearl & Poppy
    • Post 14 Digital Motorsport Photography
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2007, 22:25:39 PM »
Ahhhhhhhhh, you can find a show calendar here: http://www.gccfcats.org/showsnew.html

Glad you had a lovely day at the show Jo!  ;D I really hope you'll be tempted to join the ranks of exhibitors again!  ;)

The people involved with the cat fancy are cat lovers like any other - it's just the odd bad one that gives the rest of us a bad name. On the whole, those that I know are impressed with what they've seen of Purrs, especially the way the board has dealt with rescue cases and if Purrs can get a stand at some shows, then that would be wonderful.  ;D

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2007, 22:12:53 PM »
will see what I can find out!

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2007, 21:36:27 PM »
Sounds a lovely show bc and a stall for Purrs now wouldnt that be fantastic.............dont let them forget about this and can you see if you know when the next show is for me please.

Please pm me cos I am forgetful  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Medway and Maidstone Cat Club Show
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2007, 08:56:12 AM »
I went to the show yesterday and spend a lovely afternoon surrounded by lots of lovely purr-pussies showing off their full glory. There was a wide class of moggies and non-pedigrees which were adorable but I think I have lost my heart to a silver somali kitten who was particularly adorable  :Luv:

Loki, who is to be uncle to Misty, won best of breed - he is a gorgeous red (cream?) NFC and adored all the attention he was getting during the day. His cage was so covered in awards you could barely see in by the end of the day!! and what gorgeous rosettes - some even christmas themed, with little tartan bows and tiny pine cones!! It is almost tempting to start showing again, just to get my hands on some of these - they are lovely and of course Smidgen would win friendliest kitten hands down (not that I am biased at all you understand! :rofl:).

This is the cat fancy that particularly helped Misty when she was on the outer with her owner, so to be congratulated on their responsible approach to breed cats I feel. They are very impressed with the work we do here on Purrs and have offered us an opportunity to have a stall at their show if we want. It is not too far from mine, so if there is any interest, and the next show does not coincide with a hectic month at work, am happy to see what I can do. Any ideas, pm to me and we can discuss.

Link to CatChat