Author Topic: My Bonnie is NOT a Gangster!!  (Read 5133 times)

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
Re: My Bonnie is NOT a Gangster!!
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2007, 13:12:05 PM »
Mille grazie Lucia.

You are right - I was truely bewitched my my Bonnie.

Strange but she's becoming a little devil now she knows she is staying!!!  Still love her though.

Care too much for my own good sometimes Dawn!!  But i'll never stop where animals are concerned.  It would be the icing on the cake if Smudge was to come home and join us.

Mary  :Luv2:

[attachment deleted by admin]
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2007, 13:06:29 PM »
oh Mary, that is so nice!  It is a shame that the RSPCA have lost a foster but it is fantastic that Bonnie has a forever home with you, you really do sound very caring - good luck to you all when  Smudge comes home and have a very happy Christmas

Offline dolcetta46

• Super Cat
    • Oliver's personal page
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2007, 13:01:00 PM »
Ooooh I am so very happy for you and Bonnie!!  I was just thinking to myself I could never be a foster meowmy after seeing the lovely pic of hers, and had a feeling you may feel the same way after "bewitched" by this beauty :shy:

Now I can truly say Merry Christmas to you both!!  :ahh: :xmas: :xmas 8:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2007, 20:52:30 PM »
Thanks for the further comments everyone... so glad you can all see why I had to be such a cowardy cowardy custard and keep her for myself!  :evillaugh: :rofl:

It's as though she knows she is here to stay.  She has been quite different today, I can't believe it but she seems to be even more loving.  I've always said that animals are more intelligent than humans and they know everything that's going on and I'm sure she is confirming this for me today.

Schmew - All I can say is, you must have a crystal ball - I certainly didn't stay a foster for long  :hug:

Mary

Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2007, 20:23:28 PM »
What a lovely girl  :Luv: So pleased she has found a forever home  :)

Offline karenjet

• Distinguished Cat
  • Miss Jasmine <3 (R.I.P Special girl)
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2007, 20:08:12 PM »
Great news, Bonnie's a beautiful girl  :Luv:

I'd love to do fostering but I know I wouldn't be able to part with them again

Offline melysion

• Adult Cat
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2007, 19:28:30 PM »
aww ... she is sooo cute.

Lucky Bonnie has a new furever home

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2007, 19:20:20 PM »
i am glad that Bonnie has a good home, just a shame the RSPCA have lost a fosterer.
Please spay your cat

Offline Schmew

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2007, 18:18:02 PM »
Hee hee hee - A Foster keeper!!!!!

Well done Bonnie on finding yourself a great new home.

x

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2007, 17:50:44 PM »
No more tears - I've just stopped as I got myself that worked up over the thought of loosing her.  I couldn't stop shaking either.  How soft am I!!!- You are right, she certainly has got her paws well and truly under the table. and the bed! and anything else she wants to!!  :ahh: :catlove:
Mary

Offline le chat noir

• Senior Cat
  • Whiskers now at the bridge & Phoebe currently AWOL
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2007, 17:37:44 PM »
Mary, you have got me crying again. This is wonderful news.  :Luv2:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2007, 16:07:10 PM »
Cheers blackcat - don't need any more presents now except Smudge coming home and we can have a threesome!!!  ooops, wrong word!! :rofl: :rofl:

Mary

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2007, 15:39:34 PM »
Great result!!  :yayyy: :yayyy: Glad you have thought it through, and it was clear from the outset that she was always more than a visitor ;) !! :rofl: :rofl:

Happy early Christmas present ;D !! :pressie:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2007, 15:36:40 PM »
Thanks ever so much for your comments and I'M PLEASED TO SAY....................  Bonnie is staying with me.  :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:  I can honestly say I am too soft to do the fostering even though I would love to give lots of cats a temp home but I love her so much and no one AND I MEAN NO ONE can give Bonnie a better home than me.  If/when Smudge comes home they will have to be good friends and I can love them both - I HAVE ENOUGH TO GIVE TO THEM BOTH.

Thanks again.

Mary  :hug: :Flowers: :happy dance: :ahh: :Party 3: :fish: :cat laugh:

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2007, 15:12:35 PM »
OK, from a seasoned fosterer of just one  :rofl: :rofl: for what it is worth....

Can you honestly tell yourself that you can give Bonnie a good home and that you can afford to maintain her in exellent health and give her heaps of love and attention, and continue to do that when your boy comes home?

Can you honestly look yourself in the face and say 'I can give this cat the bestest home in the wide world and the other people can not'

Could you feel happy if, by keeping Bonnie, you are depriving other cats of the chance to have a loving temporary home while they are awaiting their foster home, when their alternative is to spend their waiting time in a cage.

Think about it. You have had Bonnie for how long? And your intentions when she arrived were...?

Just being a meany, I know, but do think it through if you are seriously thinking of taking her on permanently... :hug:

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2007, 15:00:21 PM »
 :hug: be brave. I couldn't do it myself, I have no ability to say no to Lexy, let a lone a cat that is a "temp" so to speak.

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2007, 12:54:34 PM »
Thanks again for more comments.  I'm in tears..... just had a call from RSPCA and they have someone who wants to come and look at Bonnie!!!  Wot a shock.  I told a white lie and said I was until 5 today ad could they ask her to phone me after that.  SHe is tossing up between a younger cat in RSPCA at the mo and Bonnie who she has not seen yet.  Oh my God - don't know if I can do this.

Mary

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2007, 12:18:32 PM »
Oh Mary. What have you done?  ;)

Don't mean to undermine you Mary but I could never let Bonnie go. She is so beautiful.  :Luv:  I'm certainly not cut out for fostering. You're going to have to be very strong.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2007, 11:22:21 AM »
Aw bless Bonnie is beautiful  :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline le chat noir

• Senior Cat
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2007, 10:59:53 AM »
Mary, just seen the pictures of Bonnie - what a gorgeous girl - she has got her paws under your table - lucky girl. Lots of  :hug: to Bonnie

Offline le chat noir

• Senior Cat
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2007, 10:51:58 AM »
Hi Mary, I am so pleased to hear how happy you are with your new little foster kitty - I know how unhappy you have been about Smudge (lovely picture of him on your threads) and it warms my heart and brings tears to my eyes to see you feeling so much better. Merry christmas to you both and hoping that Smudge will come home to join you both.  :Luv:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2007, 10:37:04 AM »
No point in me even trying NOT to give in to her as where animals of any kind are concerned I ALWYS give in!!   :sorry:

Mary

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2007, 10:15:02 AM »
Bless you - the art of being a good fosterer is being able to let them go, but most people can't with their first foster (I had to be odd!!), I would try not giving into her too much food wise, you dont want to create a fussy eater!!
Please spay your cat

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2007, 10:11:20 AM »
Thank you all for your nice messages.  Not sure I will be able to let her go if someone takes a liking to her.  :'( :(  She is the boss of my house already.  Moved ornaments on the window sill for her to sit and look out into the garden, taking candles off the table for her to sit on, getting up earlier than usual to play with her and on Thursday+Friday she ate what she was given, but now she knows how soft I am, she is picking and choosing.  I'm sure you can all relate to this!!  :Luv2: :rofl:

Mary

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2007, 09:57:12 AM »
Aww, I am glad you have your first foster - will she be up for rehoming in the New Year?
Please spay your cat

Offline Catjane

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2007, 09:05:15 AM »
She's gorgeous!  What a gift!  :Luv:

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
  • Alfie, Frankie & Leigh, my boys & me
    • http://www.alfie-cat.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2007, 20:36:53 PM »
Hiya chuck,

What lovely pictures of a very beautiful little girl. She lloks so happy and at ease, I  :Luv: tabbies so pleased that she is settling in, I know you'll spoil her rotten :)

Cheers

Leigh
Alfie and Frankie's dad - "Letterbox" are Rockin' the Feline World

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2007, 20:13:03 PM »
i am so pleased for ypu and bonnie  ;D

Offline Ralph's mum (angie)

• Super Cat
  • Rainbow Bridge Babies Bob, Max and Ralph 🌈💔
  • Slave to: Harvey and Ruby the mutts!!
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2007, 20:12:25 PM »
 :welcome: Bonny, your name suits you purrfectly
Cats don't come when they are called,
They take a message and get back to you later.
                           Wilfred P. Lampton

Offline dolcetta46

• Super Cat
    • Oliver's personal page
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2007, 20:01:42 PM »
What a purrrrfect early Christmas pressie, I am soooo happy for you!! :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:  She definitely lives up to her name, what a bonny lass!! :Luv2:

Offline Schmew

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2007, 19:52:59 PM »
She is beautiful  :Luv2:

How long til you become a 'failed' fosterer?!!!!

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
My Bonnie is NOT a Gangster!!
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2007, 19:28:24 PM »
For those of you who don't know my story, briefley.......  Good news and bad.  Bad 1st:
My 13 yrs old Smudge went missing Sept 4th and I've done everything humanely possible to find him.  I have cried every day and night BUT not the last 2 days.......
GOOD NEWS - about 2 weeks ago I put my name down at the RSPCA to foster as I need a cat in my life and have lots and lots of love to give.  :Luv2: :Luv: :Luv2: :Luv:  Thursday tea time I finally recieved the long awaited call - I now have Bonnie.  She was not sent for treatment at the vet by her previous owner which led to her tail being removed and the RSPCA also checked to see if she had been spayed and that's why you can see a patch of fur missing in one of the photos.
She is so loving - we are just what each other needs.  :hug: She sits on my knee a lot and the 1st night she slept with me but only half of the night last night.  Only 2 hours after being in my house she was eating and using her tray and sat onthe sheepskin rug which I put on the settee for her.  Then she posed for the attached photos.  I don't need anything else for Christmas now.  No visiting relations on Christmas Day - Me and Bonnie and a dish of prawns or whateer she likes.
I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo  HAPPY.

Mary   :yayyy: :yesss: :happy dance: :ahh: :catlove:

Link to CatChat