Author Topic: Temp foster home in West Oxfordshire urgently needed. a  (Read 4284 times)

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
Re: Temp foster home in West Oxfordshire urgently needed. a
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2006, 17:45:12 PM »
Woo Hoo  :yesss: :yesss: :yesss:

What great news.  Thank goodness this little kitty will have a home for Xmas  .... fingers crossed he will be back with his Daddy very soon.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline ddraigmor

• Adult Cat
  • Minstrel - Crossed the bridge 6.12. 2006.
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2006, 16:45:26 PM »
That is good news and I am so glad he has found someone.

I am due to shoot off to N Wales about now - my brother's plane was delayed at Brize as the nose wheel collapsed as they lined up on the runway.......better there than landing at Ascencion! He should fly at midnight tonight for his four month tour of the lovely Falkland Islands............a thought for all our lads and lasses, wherever duty takes them, at this time.

A merry Christmas to all and the same for the New Year and to all our cats - here and departed - without whom we would not be quite the people we are!

Jonty
'People who hate cats will come back as mice'
'I'm as nervous as a long tailed cat in a room ful of rocking chairs......'

Offline finnybobs

• Kitten
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2006, 16:14:04 PM »
Great news, this is now sorted, a lady came up at the last minute and she is able to have him for a week ( he is there now)  and then he will go to the lady i found at the vets for the final 3 weeks.  ;D ;D
thank u vvv much for all your suggestions and support, im usually on a doggy forum, but i will come back to this one again its been really good.
 :Luv:
lucie x

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2006, 16:18:56 PM »
Oh that's good news .... fingers, toes, eyes and paws all crossed that this person can help out.

Offline finnybobs

• Kitten
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2006, 15:58:14 PM »
slight possibility of a client of ours ( I work at local vets) might be able to squeeze him in to her house and she is local.not confirmed yet, so everything x'd as its reached desperate now. thanks for all your help and suggestions. :)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2006, 13:57:31 PM »
Any news on this one?

Offline ddraigmor

• Adult Cat
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2006, 17:04:35 PM »

Ah..........sounds not so good then........ I know Maggie is a bit odd at Stadhampton but she does care. Maybe she's just covering her bases?

Pity no social ervices involvement as I know we do it - and have done it. Surely if he is being made homeless then someone has to be involved? I just can't see why no-one is taking a lead (apart from you wonderful lot involved).

Keep us posted. I am regretting my trip to Wales now......

Jonty

Offline finnybobs

• Kitten
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2006, 10:58:29 AM »
update - apparently social services arent involved so thats not an option. the lady helping this guy has spoken to maggie at stadhampton and she said she would take him, but he will be in with all the other cats, she couldnt guarantee that he wouldnt escape, catch something from one of the other cats ie cat aids?! :scared: :scared: not sure what you guys think but i find that all a little odd?? and not really an option.
so still urgently searching for anyone that can help...
lucie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2006, 18:18:54 PM »
Thanks for your input Jonty .... I knew you'd know how "the system" is suppose to work.

Lucie ... I hope this chap manages to sort something out for his furbabe.  As Jonty says please keep us informed.

Offline finnybobs

• Kitten
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2006, 17:49:16 PM »
thank you for your replies  :Luv:
ive passed the info you have given onto the lady that is in contact with him and who contacted me to see if i could help. ive passed the number on for maggie and mentioned about social services. im not sure why he is been made homeless or the circumstances but i just know it would be for four weeks and he absolutely adores his cat and will do anything not to give him up.
will keep you posted and if anyone near witney can help i know he would be so very very grateful.
lucie x

Offline ddraigmor

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2006, 16:47:33 PM »
ARGH!

I have made arrangements to go see my brother at Brize Norton on Thursday - he flies out to the Falklands at midnight that night - after which I am off to Wales to stay with my dad for the festive period.........drat......drat.....drat......

Typical...........but I can't help. Or can't I? If the guy is being made homeless and is known to Social Services then they have a duty to re-house the cat until such time as he is settled. Contact his social worker / community nurse / housing worker to get them involved. You could use the argument that the cat is important to him / good for his stability (I don't know his individual circumstances but am being general).

I'm really sorry - really - as it sounds like he is in desperate need of help. Surely someone can do it? I would - but am not home and my daughter is off to her mum's in Birkenhead the same time.......

Try ringing Maggie at Stadhampton in South Oxfordshire and see if she can help? Oxford Animal Sanctuary The Village Green, Stadhampton, OX9 7UQ Tel: 01865 890 239  She never turns an animal away and I am certain she could come to a deal.......... ?

Hope it all turns out OK - please keep me posted and if you want more info re. circumstances / eviction / duty of local authority, then please ask.

Jonty
« Last Edit: December 19, 2006, 16:50:39 PM by ddraigmor »

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2006, 15:01:45 PM »
Sorry I'm not is a position to help as I'm in Nottingham however I have forwarded your message to a member who is in your area.  Fingers crossed they may be able to help you.

Offline finnybobs

• Kitten
Temp foster home in West Oxfordshire urgently needed. a
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2006, 13:05:58 PM »
hi, i am trying to find a temporary foster home for a cat who belongs to someone who is been made homeless on thursday/friday of this week. he needs someone to help him and to care for his beloved cat for four weeks until he has his new accomodation. He is in the Witney area of West Oxfordshire. His cat, Sneeper, is a male, 6 years old, neutered and his vacination is due about now (which could be done prior to fostering) He could pay for the food for his cat, but just can not afford cattery fees. It would cost him £200 + to board his cat and given he is becoming homeless its pretty obvious he just hasnt got the money. Tried all the local obvious charities but pretty much they are saying unless he signs over the cat they probably couldnt help.  He DESPERATELY does not want to loose his BEST friend and i think if push came to shove he will probably go on the streets with Sneeper. Please can any one in the local area help? This is very urgent, we have just a few days to try and sort something out for him.
Can anyone help??  :( :( :( :(

Link to CatChat