Author Topic: me again!  (Read 1408 times)

Offline chel

• Adult Cat
    • Harrjak Pack
Re: me again!
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2007, 10:03:41 AM »
she had some more chicken last night ( i was late home so had to get tesco finest chicken breast lucky girly!) which has sayed down followed by a REALLY smelly poo, unfortunatley the yucky dog got to it before anyone could  :sick: so i couldnt tell what it was like bar the stink!  she also was very very sleepy all evening, so she sat and snuggled while we watched a dvd, then helped do some xmas wrapping...then snuggled up for the night on the dog bed! (the dog was on the floor!)
she ate this morning and has had a play and some more chicken, so far so good its all stayed in, sometimes she seems very sleepy, but keeps on perking up again, im thinking her energy is low like ours goes through lack of food?

question...with the dogs sometimes natural yoghurt can be helpful - is this the same with cats?

here she is helping with the wrapping last night....

and taking hollys space on the bed...
Chel

Offline unseeliechylde

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2007, 09:09:11 AM »
Aw what a beautiful wee girl :Luv: :Luv: sorry to hear she's poorly. I agree with the others - see how she goes keeping her brekkie down. I know you probably do this anyway, but if ever Riley got a dicky tum when he was younger, I would use dilute mintons to steralise all his bowls (water and food), and disinfected his litter trays.
Kittens can be just that bit more sensitive, and even when you wash bowls each time, it's worth disinfecting them about once a week just for precautions' sake.
healing headbutts to pretty Dot from Riley and Skye
 :hug:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2007, 00:08:11 AM »
 :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2007, 21:49:48 PM »
Hope she managed to keep her food down little poppet

Offline chris91011

• Adult Cat
  • R.I.P.Tigger Sept95--30/1/08-much loved & missed
    • My Pet Site
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2007, 19:47:39 PM »
i too agree, but if she's sick anymore go to the vet, maybe she's had some kind of bug?

oh,she is so cute! :Luv:
chris.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2007, 19:30:20 PM »
Dot is so cute and agree with the others  ;D

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2007, 19:18:30 PM »
Ahhh poor  little dot ... if she has managed to keep her brekkie down then I wouldn't be too worried out her.

If she is sick again then it might be an idea to go the vet for a check up  :Luv2:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2007, 19:17:29 PM »
If she is vomiting, has loose stools and is off her food you are not being a hypochondriac on her behalf by rushing her to a vet - she is small and a tummy upset can kill in fairly short order. But since she is now eating again, I would pause for thought and see how it goes down (through).

Offline chel

• Adult Cat
    • Harrjak Pack
me again!
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2007, 17:06:07 PM »
poor dot is ill again!  :sick:

last night i came home from work to a pile of sick, just thought something went down the wrong way and nothing else....then later dot had the runs in her tray again and was a bit off colour. she went on to throw up 3 times during the evening, just froth rather than anything as her tummy was empty. i didnt feed her any tea, as she really wasnt acting like herself, and even meowed before being sick at one point so im thinking it must have been a sore tummy :(  this morning she had perked up and came upstairs with kipper to say good morning, and even had a little purr, shes had chicken for some brekkie, and will give her a little again tonight as her appetite seems to have reappeared ( she stayed in her fleecy bed last night even when i fed kipper which is unusual for her!)  just hoping for some reassurance really that it sounds ok and i shouldnt of rushed her to vets!  i can be a hypochondriac myself so i like to make sure!  i dont think i can remember anything like it with kips?

Chel

Link to CatChat