Author Topic: Wiped bottom on floor  (Read 2412 times)

Offline dolcetta46

• Super Cat
    • Oliver's personal page
Re: Wiped bottom on floor
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2007, 08:34:41 AM »
Well it seemed to be quite long enough to be the entire length of the string, though it was all scrunched up and I didn't really stretched it out and measured, he seems perfectly normal but is there any signs to look out for?

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2007, 08:26:19 AM »
WAs the string in his poo the right amount for what he took off the bag? If not, there could still be some inside him, and that could be dangerous.
Please spay your cat

Offline dolcetta46

• Super Cat
    • Oliver's personal page
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2007, 08:24:59 AM »
YIKES it happened with Oliver yesterday too, the second time in two days!! :doh:
The first time monday, we just found the lovely smudge on the throw rug in the bathroom right by the box, yesterday I caught him almost redhanded.  And to my horror I saw him exiting the bathroom with some of the "thing" still hanging out from his bum :shify:  While I was frozen aghast for a moment, he sat down and smudged our kitchen floor some more :sick: so I grabbed a few piece from my kitchen roll and reached over to wipe his bum, he scampered with his "thingy" still intact  :Crazy: :Crazy:  the chase ensued, when I finally caught him the "thing" was gone...  I was rather horrified I thought while he was hiding in the corner he may have licked it up  :sick: :sick: :sick: , but then I found it on the floor a little further away, with the plastic string from a rubbish bag mangled into it!!  Now it was clear, because of the string his poo wasn't coming out right so he resorted to wiping on the floor!!  I know he was always immensly interested in the string every time I took out the rubbish he would enthusiastically chase it around.  I always leave it hanging at the end of the bag, I find it useless as I just tie the top edge of the bag together.  Not to take any more chances I would have to remove the darn string every time now.  I also removed all the little objects hanging around on the floor, shredded, mutilated corpse of a toy mouse and other toys, old shoelace and ribbon pieces, I just left them as I felt bad taking away while he likes to play with them now and then, better to be on the safe side!! :Crazy: :Crazy: :Crazy:

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2007, 02:20:57 AM »
we had a dog and he did it when his anal glands were blocked

Yes,  is the classic sign of that in cats too. If it happens again then I am sure you will take the little one to the vets just to be on the safe side.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2007, 06:20:15 AM »
Bob (long-haired) would do this if he found he had left-overs attached. Mmmm-mmmmm nasty :sick:

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2007, 22:56:05 PM »
Archie did this about twice when he was a bit younger :sick:

Offline berties mum

• Hero Cat
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2007, 12:08:08 PM »
Bertie did this once and once only.  In the middle of my housewarming party  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline puddypaws

• Hero Cat
  • Mum to Sophie and Oscar
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2007, 19:01:04 PM »
That is NAUGHTY Unseeliechylde  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline unseeliechylde

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2007, 18:56:03 PM »
Oh yes, skid marks on the carpet - a common phenomenon  :rofl:

Or, when Riley was little and had a bit of a runny bum - skid marks on OH pillow! :sick: OH was horrified - I just thought , "aww, what a good boy for avoiding his meowmy's pillow." :evillaugh:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2007, 17:49:54 PM »
Right back to your original post now.....no need for a vet but maybe a rug doctor  :evillaugh:

Wiped bottom on floor = The Moon Walk....litterally (sp?)  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Diddeen

• Kitten
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2007, 17:25:12 PM »
 :evillaugh: :wow: ;D :rofl:
Well thanks for all putting my mind at rest with your funny stories.. yes it was a bit tacky buttery one  :evillaugh:

Offline lucy

• Hero Cat
  • Xanthe
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2007, 17:07:34 PM »
I had that experience Monday morning as leaving for work - big lump of poo stuck to Xanthe's furry trousers so she scooted the length of the sitting room before i caught her - too much for baby wipes so we had an emergency bath! I don't know who was more cross & stressed  - her or me! :sick:

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2007, 15:48:10 PM »
Oh yes, skid marks on the carpet - a common phenomenon  :rofl:

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2007, 15:29:09 PM »
My cat does this sometimes if he has a bit of cat litter or poo stuck to his bum.  Arent they delightful

Offline le chat noir

• Senior Cat
  • Whiskers now at the bridge & Phoebe currently AWOL
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2007, 15:28:19 PM »
sometimes my boys get a hanger on that they cant pinch off so the carpet is used to shift the butter  :rofl:

sorry, this has just made me laugh so much  :rofl:

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2007, 15:21:37 PM »
It could be worms causing his little bum to be itchy  :sick:
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2007, 15:14:27 PM »
If its just the once then i wouldnt worry too much, sometimes my boys get a hanger on that they cant pinch off so the carpet is used to shift the butter  :rofl:

Ruth i think cats are more squeezed than fingered  :sick: :rofl: Im sure Lynn could confirm the delightful method  :evillaugh:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2007, 14:00:34 PM »
Was his poo a bit tacky? He's either been cleaning himself  :sick: or could be the anal glands....

I remember years ago having a dog who did this also, when I took him to vets to get checked out he said most people suspect worms when in fact its the glands.....cant imagine a cat putting up with what the dog had to though  :scared: ;)

Offline Diddeen

• Kitten
Wiped bottom on floor
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2007, 13:54:33 PM »
My kitten is now about 8months old.  He had problems when i first got him with having sloppy poos, however i have since changed his food to higher quality ones and he has been alot better.  2days ago he used his tray then came into the lounge and put his bottom on the floor, lifted his back legs up and pulled himself forwards using his front legs so he wiped his bottom on the floor, leaving a lovely trail of poop  :scared: He hasnt done it again since then but i just wonder if anyone knows why he would do that.. or was he simply wiping his bottom  :shocked:  He reminded me of when we had a dog and he did it when his anal glands were blocked.  Oh and kitten has been wormed several times, last time was only a month ago

Link to CatChat