Author Topic: Da Bird and other dangly toys; word of warning  (Read 1224 times)

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
Re: Da Bird and other dangly toys; word of warning
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2007, 21:44:39 PM »
TBH I hadn't really thought our "grown up" boys could get into such trouble so quickly but neighbour tonight made a good point saying "what if it had got wrapped around Freddie's neck?" :scared: 

The more we think about this the more worried we get. Freddie seems a little reluctant to use catflap tonight so think his tail might be a little sore altho can't be that bad as he uses catflap to get back in after I open door when he asks to go out.

Offline dolcetta46

• Super Cat
    • Oliver's personal page
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2007, 11:46:21 AM »
I also put the dangly toys away when we finish (or when I finish should I say...), but it becomes more of a challenge every time, Oliver follows me closely with his eagle eyes and watch where I would put it, if it is anywhere visible he would do anything trying to get at it, if I shut it in a cupboard, drawer etc. he would meow or scratch at it until I get it out anew.  He really needs some sort of distraction when I hide the toy!! :Crazy:

« Last Edit: December 12, 2007, 11:47:11 AM by dolcetta46 »

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
  • Alfie, Frankie & Leigh, my boys & me
    • http://www.alfie-cat.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2007, 10:05:15 AM »
Good point, I keep all my "dangly" type cat toys in one of those large, broad cardboard postage tubes with a lid on when they're not in use for the same reason, just to be extra safe.

Cheers

Leigh
Alfie and Frankie's dad - "Letterbox" are Rockin' the Feline World

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2007, 09:20:00 AM »
Max managed to do that not long after he came to live with me, we were playing with elastic ball toy, I turned my back for a minute, and he'd managed to get it wrapped around his leg.  He went running off like a nutter with the ball close behind him, he was totally freaked out poor little man  :(

It is sooo easily done, that's why Sheepmouse lives in my handbag so he can't get it when I'm not with him.

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2007, 08:49:54 AM »
Definitely worth reminding peeps.  Also worth reminding everyone that the thread on da bird is very thin and can be chewed through in seconds (promtping a vet visit and emergency op in Mosi's case!) so it's unwise to leave it lying around for even the shortest length of time.

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
Da Bird and other dangly toys; word of warning
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2007, 19:24:13 PM »
I was just playing with Freddie, Billy and Da Bird. Freddie did his usual of running away with it into lounge as phone was ringing. I must have been on the phone for only a few minutes but, by the time I'd finished, Freddie came in to me with Da Bird "string" wrapped around his tail and ran up the stairs with the demons of hell "the stick" trailing behind him. He ran into his dad's office and broke the "string" trying to run under his desk. Ouch.. Would be funny if he wasn't so spooked. I just had to run into kitchen coz veg boiling over (coz I'm writing this lol) and he ran away like a mad fella  :(

Lesson?  Well methinks they need supervising closer and I'm gonna keep an eye on Freddie's tail in case he hurt himself, altho seems OK.  Worse than kids.

Anyway will have to order another Da Bird as Billy will go mad without his bestest toy.

Link to CatChat