Author Topic: What does your cat like to play with ??  (Read 5414 times)

Offline unseeliechylde

• Distinguished Cat
Re: What does your cat like to play with ??
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2007, 21:19:19 PM »
Riley and Skye have been going mad for the christmas tree (a real one, about 4 ft), and all the baubles, especially the feathery pom-pom ones we have :evillaugh:
To be honest, we only really got the tree for them, so it's great to see them having so much fun with it. We put it up yesterday and they went completely bonkers - by this morning all the baubles were on the floor, so we've put them back, ready for tonight's madness... :evillaugh:
They have also taken a liking to the various large paper bags that the xmas shopping came in :evillaugh:
In fact, they have been enjoying themselves so much that they spent most of today flaked out behind the sofa :rofl:

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
  • Slave to: Bramble and Lily
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2007, 15:15:53 PM »
First Sonia took posession of this catnip bag, which is so well used it looks like a used teabag, then when I finally got her to play with a new one, Tillie's decided she wants it! It really needs throwing out, or at least a wash, but the cats won't part with it!

Offline Ann Clarke (Tabby cat)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Dylan 1999 (approx) - 26/12/09. Love you forever.
    • Gateshead CP
  • Slave to: Hobbes and Luna
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2007, 12:57:39 PM »
Hobbes plays with anything and everything but is especially fond of pens, I found three hidden under one of his beds last night, no wonder I can't find a pen when I need one  :rofl: Dylan only likes his catip bag from Cats Protection and Da Bird which is about the only thing he moves for  :rofl:

Offline Gwen

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2007, 12:54:57 PM »
They go mad for tin fol here but Rameses is complaining as he is the baby of the house because he hasn't got any kitten toys,me thinks I need to buy him some for christmas :evillaugh:
Love me,love my animals.

Offline bluecat

• Senior Cat
  • m
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2007, 12:49:44 PM »
eh ? nothing at all ?   :shocked:

No not really shell have a mad half hour well 5 min after a no2 chasing thin air but apart from that very little if at all the only two known things to get a reaction from her are the Da mousey and the purnip bone for all of two min.  Shes scared of most things i bought a squeaky mouse dangler toy and she hid under the bed for few hours as soon it squeaked lol

Offline Catjane

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2007, 09:11:11 AM »
Memphis has a bunch of mouses, 4 of them are leopard print. He goes craaaazy for those. Always prancing around with one in his mouth. Another of his all time favourites is a fish on a line (it has get locked up when he's not playing since he loves it so much.)

Other non toy items which he LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVES are strips of cardboard. You know on cardboard boxes where they have the strip you pull to open it, well he ADORES that strip. He will play with it for hours upon hours, carry it around and snuggle. He loves dried leaves from my plant, again he just sits and plays with it then carrys it everywhere. We have a couple of bowls of scented fake silk type petals, he loves those too .. always finding purple petals around the house  :evillaugh:

Aww that is so cute!!

My Sabby likes my socks and pants  :-[  and I often find a pair here and there!  :Crazy:

The best toys for my lot are little foam rubber balls that I get from a local garden centre.  Meesha absolutely loves to play fetch, whilst Sabby will chase and fight one for hours in the kitchen (smooth floor, you see).  As for Shanti, as long as she has a bag, any bag, she is happy!

Offline Schmew

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2007, 19:26:41 PM »
Currently, Buffy and Bobby's favourite toy is the Christmas tree. It has only been up for one night, and it has already been pulled over twice!

However I did say it was for them to play with so at least someone appreciates it!

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2007, 17:41:28 PM »
Oh, dear, I just came home from the Medway and (somewhere) cat club show with a wand with rooster feathers on the end, and a knock-over bounce back toy with feathers on top. Smidgen is spoiled for choice. The rooster feathers were definitely a hit. I tried hiding them at the top of the pantry shelving but after the flour, and several cans of peeled tomatoes went flying I am going to have to find somewhere else. The knockdown toy has been carried around by its feathers and there are now bright pink feathers all over the floor (good thing i have not vacuumed yet this weekend!! Dog went so crazy for the rooster feathers he forgot himself and bit smidgen, so everything is now put away so I can have some peace from all that bedlam!

Offline lisa77

• Hero Cat
  • Little Leo..
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2007, 16:07:02 PM »
eh ? nothing at all ?   :shocked:

Offline bluecat

• Senior Cat
  • m
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2007, 00:38:22 AM »
Absolutely nothing  :-:

Offline lisa77

• Hero Cat
  • Little Leo..
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2007, 12:57:01 PM »
I spent sooooo much ££ on toys for Leo.. turns out he just loves balls of foil..they are light so he carries them around in his mouth & I leave a bowl of water in the living room with a couple bobbin around & he loves fishing them out & making a right mess while he is doing it !!!!! he also loves the top from a milk bottle.. The foli will start to brake so always make sure he gets new ones everyday & make them big enough so he cant swallow them !

Offline Corporal Smokey

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • Amy, Cpl. Smokey and Lord Chester Red Bear <3
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2007, 12:50:47 PM »
Cpl Smokey likes anything that doesn't belong to him. We have lost countless lip-balms, witch-sticks, pens, sealed-boxed tablets and all manner of other stuff.

Josh has a feather fetish but that's a whole other story... ;D
Ashfield and Amber Valley Cats Protection and Cat Chat

http://www.catchat.org/ashfield/cgibin/prtoc.cgi
http://www.ashfieldcats.org.uk
http://www.catchat.org/topcats

True love is rescued. Miss you always Josh and Hope xx

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
  • Alfie, Frankie & Leigh, my boys & me
    • http://www.alfie-cat.co.uk
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2007, 09:49:08 AM »
Hiya,

Alfie's a dab hand paw on the mouse mouth organ whilst Frankie's strictly a rhythm man on the Tambourine and Suzie displays amazing dexterity on the xylophone  ;D

Cheers

Leigh
« Last Edit: December 13, 2007, 09:54:33 AM by LeighK »
Alfie and Frankie's dad - "Letterbox" are Rockin' the Feline World

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2007, 18:45:23 PM »
Memphis has a new favourite toy today. An empty Strepsils packet, the blister pack not cardboard part. He's been carrying it around all day  :-: It's a bit big compared to his size, but he loves it. :shocked:

lay me down, let me go, feeling heavy the ground is cold,
lay me down take it slow I'm ready to stumble, sing & then swing low
~Use your mutant powers, just talk people to death~

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2007, 18:42:33 PM »
Everything they should'nt  :tired:

Offline dolcetta46

• Super Cat
    • Oliver's personal page
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2007, 17:58:03 PM »
Yeah, pens!!  How can I  forget!! :evillaugh:

He surely find objects like wine cork/tops, crumpled up papers or tin foils or cellotape rings and such extremely amusing, he goes nuts over them but the problem with those loose entertainments is, he never fails to drive them under some furnitures or inaccessible little corners right away, so I get to hunker down with a broomstick etc. and fish them out for him, then stay put as he would knock into somewhere else a few seconds later!! :Crazy: :Crazy: :Crazy:

Offline Diddeen

• Kitten
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2007, 17:32:03 PM »
My Oscar loves his little jingly ball (bought it for 25p at a local petshop) and a stick with a long piece of felt on it from P@H are his absolute favourite.
He also chases pens all over the place, pieces of bread if i put some out for the birds will keep him busy for hours, or if the wind is blowing he will happily chase leaves outside too ;D

Offline claws n purrs

• Adult Cat
  • Ronnie, Freya, Olly and Mickey!
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2007, 17:21:46 PM »
Homemade toys and various household items have always been more popular with my cats past and present. Favourites include a tin foil ball which Carrie (sadly died 2 years ago) used play fetch with. I have a photo somewhere of her bringing it back in her mouth, I'll try and scan it to put on the forum. I've never known a cat who doesn't like a plastic bag with something in, on or under it! Wooden pegs, newspapers and rolled up pairs of socks were popular too.

Ronnie's favourite toys are the plastic wrapping from the top of a wine bottle pulled along on a bit of string and his old cat collar which he delights in throwing around the kitchen and taking outside into the garden to pull to bits! If he gets really bored, he'll jump onto the living room table and use his paws to knock stuff onto the floor, then jump down and bat them around to see if they're interesting enough for him to spend time with  :evillaugh:

If all else fails, he'll wrap himself around his scratching post and kick the hell out of it  :rofl:

Life is life -  there is no difference between a cat or a man.  The idea of difference is a human conception for man's own advantage.  ~Sri Aurobindo

"I purr, therefore I am."

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2007, 09:16:44 AM »
Max loves pens, even if you are trying to write he'll be batting it out of your hands lol

He also loves his wiggly waggler and catnip cushions, not expensive toys, but he adores them.  His new fave is a little furry mouse I bought from the Bengal breeders stand at the National Cat Show the other day, I keep finding it at the bottom of the stairs where he's been chasing it around  ;D

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Online Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2007, 08:47:36 AM »
Scrunched up foil balls go down well with my two, but need to be careful they don't eat them (Mosi tries to eat foil so can't leave them lying around).  Cardboard strips off packets of cat food are popular too.  And then there's Mosi with his carrier bag fetish  ;D

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2007, 23:41:48 PM »
true, or the old stand-by, mum's emery board ... which is currently being destroyed systematicall by some team work on the other side of the sitting room ... :(

Offline smudgepickles

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2007, 23:38:55 PM »
My feet at the end of my bed as I always pull the duvet up..........who needs to spend money when they can make me scream with just one pounce  :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2007, 23:29:30 PM »
My babies latest toy is one of those stuffed birds from the RSPB which has a birdcall pre-recorded. I chose a bird that has a call that sounds like a birdy panic-call and the cats adore it. Both Smidgen and Esther roll around on the floor with it for hours, and I have even spotted the dog sneaking off with it looking sheepish ... ;D

Offline karenjet

• Distinguished Cat
  • Miss Jasmine <3 (R.I.P Special girl)
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2007, 22:56:13 PM »
Da Bird is definitely my crew's favourite. They love their roundabout thing too. And bottle tops, they go mad for them!

Jasmine was crazy about pens but these 4 don't bother much with those.

They had some soft jingly type balls and other soft toys that I sprayed with catnip spray, they've been playing with those a lot lately.

Offline unseeliechylde

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2007, 22:33:41 PM »
Generally, they both adore anything with feathers - if they were outdoor cats, there isn't a bird that would be safe for miles! One toy we bought them is a squeaky mouse lure toy....we HATE it. A year on and the damn thing still squeaks - its the most annoying toy in the world, so of course they adore the  :censored: thing!
Our two do like the lure toys we get them, but by far their favourite is an old bootlace with a charity wristband tied on the end and dragged along the floor :rofl: I have heaps of these bands because I used to work for a mental health charity and we ordered loads, so there were plenty left when the "craze" died down.
Shoeboxes, paper balls, elastic bands, pingpong balls (especially at 5am), pens, the TV guide (gets shredded), the post (see TV guide..), my feet (when in bed, or the bath), my moblie phone charm, the washing on the clothes-horses, my laptop.....anything they shouldn't - these are all big favourites! :evillaugh:

Offline berties mum

• Hero Cat
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2007, 22:17:34 PM »
Oh yes, how could I forget pens!!! Bella's favourite!

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2007, 22:13:31 PM »
PENS! I'm forever having to try and find them after my oldest tom has noticed I've left one on a side and knocked it around out of curiosity only for it to disappear behind a piece of furniture.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline berties mum

• Hero Cat
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2007, 22:06:59 PM »
Mine like corks, bottle tops, string, carrier bags, boxes, nail files, coins, elastic bands, rolled up foil, pipe cleaners ... and about three of their 50+ toys!

Offline dolcetta46

• Super Cat
    • Oliver's personal page
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2007, 18:45:50 PM »
I agree with some of the below, cats are known to choose some unfavourable objects that they are not supposed to be playing with and tend to ignore your pressies. :Crazy:
Oliver particularly likes corks from wine bottles (well actually he prefers the cheapy rubber ones as they bounce about a lot ), my ponytail holders, rubbers, candy wrappers and twistie strings, apparantly he finds them more interesting than fake mice or a ball with rattler inside.  I find so far those non-interactive toys quite useless for the above mentioned reason, if you are to invest in a toy, the interactive ones are the way to go, it is way more stimulating for the kitties and you will get to share some quality time and fun together.
Oliver particularly likes crinkly shiny ribbons attached to a plastic toy fishing rod (there used to be a toy hanging from it but Ollie destroyed it in 2 days.), but it needs to be changed every week, when it takes a lot of beating the ribbons seem to lose its bounce.  The infamous "Da Bird" stuff is still to be tried with him though!

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
  • Slave to: Bramble and Lily
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2007, 18:13:13 PM »
An old bootlace, the flat kind. Just like wool or string, it shouldn't be left with the cats unattended, but if they do happen to get hold of it when I'm not around it's much less likely to come apart, so it's less of a swallowing hazard.

Offline lucy

• Hero Cat
  • Xanthe
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2007, 18:04:55 PM »
Sadly people's feet appear to be Xanthe's favourite toy!  :rofl:

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2007, 17:57:49 PM »
Memphis has a bunch of mouses, 4 of them are leopard print. He goes craaaazy for those. Always prancing around with one in his mouth. Another of his all time favourites is a fish on a line (it has get locked up when he's not playing since he loves it so much.)

Other non toy items which he LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVES are strips of cardboard. You know on cardboard boxes where they have the strip you pull to open it, well he ADORES that strip. He will play with it for hours upon hours, carry it around and snuggle. He loves dried leaves from my plant, again he just sits and plays with it then carrys it everywhere. We have a couple of bowls of scented fake silk type petals, he loves those too .. always finding purple petals around the house  :evillaugh:

lay me down, let me go, feeling heavy the ground is cold,
lay me down take it slow I'm ready to stumble, sing & then swing low
~Use your mutant powers, just talk people to death~

Offline hannah (weeny)

• Honorary Cat
  • JASPER!!
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2007, 17:53:01 PM »
post it notes, bottle tops..... anything they shouldnt play with...... everything you havent spent any money on!!!

but....  we need photies of thomas!!!

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2007, 17:52:52 PM »
Toilet roll tubes and cardboard boxes are the best cheap cat toys in the world!!
You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

Offline betsy

• Adult Cat
What does your cat like to play with ??
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2007, 17:50:31 PM »
Ive had thomas for a week and i bought him all sorts !  rattling toys, squeaky toys etc...  but he doesnt play with them !  the other day i was opening a letter and the envelope fell on the floor and you should have seen him go for it !  so he now plays with a large envelope with the rattly toy inside !!... any other cheap ideas for toys to use ?! :)
Betsy and Thomas

Link to CatChat