Author Topic: Smashed baubles & ripped tinsel....already!!  (Read 4715 times)

Offline Purrlishious

• Distinguished Cat
  • Poppy Ruby Dolly
Re: Smashed baubles & ripped tinsel....already!!
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2007, 08:26:32 AM »
For some reason Ruby has taken a likin' to an angel an tried to bury it down the crack in the sofa!!  :rofl:

Offline puddypaws

• Hero Cat
  • Mum to Sophie and Oscar
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2007, 11:39:31 AM »
How exactly do you plan on doing that Karenjet   :rofl: :rofl:

Offline karenjet

• Distinguished Cat
  • Miss Jasmine <3 (R.I.P Special girl)
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2007, 11:10:51 AM »
I put mine up yesterday. Within 5 minutes Belle was taking running jumps at it  :rofl:
I'm just gonna try and keep them out of the living room for a couple of weeks.

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2007, 09:26:02 AM »
I put my ickle  tree up last night, and so far its in one piece  :evillaugh:  No baubles on the floor or anything yet, but Max did make a super-feline effort when I was putting the decs on to bat everything around the lounge  :)

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2007, 01:13:01 AM »
Lametta is ths stringy tinsel sorta stuff you were thinking of  :rofl:

Last year Ducha was eating it off the tree and I only found out cos found it in the litter tray.........sigh

It seemed this had a fascination for the birmans taste buds, or lack of em  :rofl:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2007, 17:26:51 PM »
Ciao dolcetta46.

I have just posted gifts to Venezia.  I go to Lido di Jesolo every year for my holiday.  Made friends with a lovely family - Ester, Fulvio and their 2 children, Fabio and Erika.  We speak on the phone and email often.  Erika cried when I told her Smudge is missing and she wants to come here to find him. She met him 2 years ago when they came to visit me.  Photo attached of Erika and Smudge in my house.

Buon Natale e molti baci per tuo gatto/gatti.

Mary
« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 17:29:38 PM by maryas »
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline hannah (weeny)

• Honorary Cat
  • JASPER!!
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2007, 12:36:22 PM »
jasper was really fine last year - hopefully will be again!!   only thing we didnt even bother risking was the tree chocolates - honestly not sure my boy could/would have resisted them!!!

we'll see how he is this year.

suzie used to play in the box EVERY single year  :Luv:  and did adore a particular fluffy cherub thing which although trashed will never be thrown out now  :Luv:

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2007, 12:30:48 PM »
We have a comprimise here they have their own tree with baubles and lights and we have our two fibre optics which aopart from chewing the ends of the branches ae holding up quite well although we  decorate theres on a daily basis when we find all the good stuff they have removed!

Sky on the other hand loves all the teddies and several have been outside today fortunately its minus 2 and blue skies so no damage to the teddies!!!! :innocent:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline dolcetta46

• Super Cat
    • Oliver's personal page
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2007, 12:07:38 PM »
My Smudge has been missing for over 3 months and I cried this morning (oops, yesterday morning, didn't realise the time!) when I put up my tree.  The reason being that Smudge always runs around and tries to run up the tree (at 13 yrs old!!) He always had a few baubles to play with but he always tried to get one off the tree too.  Wish he was here now, I would gladly let him rip it apart.

Mary  :xmas 6: :xmas 3: :catluv:

Oh Mary, I am so sorry made me very sad too :'(  Let's hope he was found by nice people and being well taken care of, and some day he finds a way back home to you :wish: :care:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2007, 10:40:56 AM »
Oh Lesley - you sound just like me.  A freind of mine once said that if it was possible I would have a house shaped like a cat!!

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2007, 10:37:13 AM »
The tree won't be going up at home this year, last year Felix must have ate through the low voltage light wire about ten times before I gave up (the lights are part of the tree).  It seems a shame co's they love it so much.  will have some lights up though and lots of decorations and have bought a beautiful ceramic tree decorated in cats with angel wings.  Will take a photo later today when I get it out.  Mum and Dad bought it back from America for me (I had to ask them to order it, otherwise they would have moaned "always to do with cats" again.
Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2007, 09:34:36 AM »
Ouchy!!
Thats the reason there's no tree here this year. I swear next year I'm going all out.

lay me down, let me go, feeling heavy the ground is cold,
lay me down take it slow I'm ready to stumble, sing & then swing low
~Use your mutant powers, just talk people to death~

Offline Sabrina (Auferstehen)

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2007, 08:36:57 AM »
Having a burmese you were asking for it ;)

We've not put up any decorations yet but they go in our living room which is off limits unless we are in there (lirael + legos = destruction).

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2007, 00:20:14 AM »
My Smudge has been missing for over 3 months and I cried this morning (oops, yesterday morning, didn't realise the time!) when I put up my tree.  The reason being that Smudge always runs around and tries to run up the tree (at 13 yrs old!!) He always had a few baubles to play with but he always tried to get one off the tree too.  Wish he was here now, I would gladly let him rip it apart.

Mary  :xmas 6: :xmas 3: :catluv:

Offline hannah (weeny)

• Honorary Cat
  • JASPER!!
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2007, 00:11:01 AM »
not sure if i mentioned this before..... maybe those not getting trees could get this......

http://www.firebox.com/product/1617?src_t=sbk&src_id=tree

and theres always possibilities for fairy lights - as long as they attached to wall/whatever securely (depending on cat..... )

;D

Offline dolcetta46

• Super Cat
    • Oliver's personal page
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2007, 23:40:48 PM »
I wouldn't use glass baubles or glass anything in anywhere Oliver could possibly access to, I am worried he may trod on  the shuttered pieces and cut himself more than broken baubles! :Crazy:  I find some pretty well made plastic ones in shops, I will settle for them.

Offline smudgepickles

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2007, 23:32:21 PM »
Daisy and Elle have such fun running up and down the tree....think I should have just thrown the decs from a distance coz thats what mine looks like now....................I love to see them so happy. The others havent bothered lol

xx

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2007, 23:28:25 PM »
Not going to even bother !!

I am sure a tree would last...............oh about 5 seconds :rofl:

Gutted though :'(

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2007, 23:03:00 PM »
I go for shatterproof baubles and no tinsel.  I'm not daft!  ;D  Not put my tree up yet though.

Offline The Duchess

• Distinguished Cat
  • Cosmo & Jessie
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2007, 23:01:07 PM »
I think it's called lammia (spelling?) but I thought it was made of the same stuff as tinsel so thought it safer not to bother?

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2007, 22:16:56 PM »
Is it not that other stuff (cant remember the name) like tinsel but stringier?  :-:

Offline The Duchess

• Distinguished Cat
  • Cosmo & Jessie
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2007, 22:15:26 PM »
put the tree up at the weekend and, so far and touch wood, they've basically ignored it ;D  Not so the ornaments on the mantlepiece...grrr >:(  (We were away last year so didn't bother with decs at all)

Just a thought, but I understood that you shouldn't have tinsel because it can do dreadful things  :scared: to a cat's insides if they eat it - so we haven't put any tinsel up this year at all.

ccmacey

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2007, 22:14:42 PM »
Oh well Im off to wrap some presants, this should be a laugh.  :shify:  :evillaugh:

Offline Sarah (seldom_use)

• Super Cat
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2007, 22:11:21 PM »
im dreading this :tired:

:rofl:

ccmacey

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2007, 22:09:55 PM »
My beautiful new tree is well a bit wrecked lol. I dont expect anything less as they do it every year, soon it will just be a tree with nothing on  :tired:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2007, 22:08:43 PM »
Lol! I did'nt bother with a tree this year for the same reason....your babes are gorgeous  :Luv2:

Offline Purrlishious

• Distinguished Cat
  • Poppy Ruby Dolly
Smashed baubles & ripped tinsel....already!!
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2007, 22:01:44 PM »
The delight of the glass baubles..... knocked off the tree & shattered by Ruby... then the tinsel was fun...after pulling that off too!

How long do you think your decs will last???

Link to CatChat