Author Topic: Rude vets  (Read 4454 times)

Offline karenjet

• Distinguished Cat
  • Miss Jasmine <3 (R.I.P Special girl)
Re: Rude vets
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2007, 13:20:08 PM »
Your vets sounds like mine, Lisa. I always get the impression I'm bugging them and the receptionists (all but one really lovely one) are all so rude. I'm hoping to learn to drive next year so I can take mine to a little country vets that's a million times better.

Glad Leo's ok  :hug:

Offline Corporal Smokey

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • Amy, Cpl. Smokey and Lord Chester Red Bear <3
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2007, 10:58:24 AM »

No wonder he still looks rather cross even with that jolly santa hat in your avatar!! :evillaugh:

:rofl: I always pick his happier moments for photos!
Ashfield and Amber Valley Cats Protection and Cat Chat

http://www.catchat.org/ashfield/cgibin/prtoc.cgi
http://www.ashfieldcats.org.uk
http://www.catchat.org/topcats

True love is rescued. Miss you always Josh and Hope xx

Offline dolcetta46

• Super Cat
    • Oliver's personal page
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2007, 18:14:53 PM »
Sorry...they cut him open to SPAY him....not noticing his rather fluffy "baubles"

Terribly undignified for the poor chap. Needless to say they were rather apologetic.

It's a good job it wasn't at my vet's or I'd have had them by the baubles!

That's what I was saying, what sort of a vet is this who can't even tell if the cat is a boy or a girl?? :shocked:

No wonder he still looks rather cross even with that jolly santa hat in your avatar!! :evillaugh:

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2007, 17:55:55 PM »
I was here to pm someone and saw this thread. I hate vet receptionists! Have just received a bill for something which was the receptionist's error, glad it was done, but I hadn't wanted it at the time. They are still insisting I agreed to it  >:(

If they had accepted they made a mistake, I would have paid up with no hassle, it was the principle. Seems to me that they're becoming like NHS receptionists.  ;)

What an undignified thing to happen to a tom!  :rofl:

I have to take 5 to be neutered soon. Luckily will have vouchers. Hope the vet knows what sex they are.

That's me off for Xmas again.
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline lisa77

• Hero Cat
  • Little Leo..
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2007, 16:32:26 PM »
well thats not very reassuring is it ! So they thought he was infact a girl !?

Thats awful

Offline Corporal Smokey

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2007, 16:28:29 PM »
Sorry...they cut him open to SPAY him....not noticing his rather fluffy "baubles"

Terribly undignified for the poor chap. Needless to say they were rather apologetic.

It's a good job it wasn't at my vet's or I'd have had them by the baubles!

Offline lisa77

• Hero Cat
  • Little Leo..
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2007, 16:14:23 PM »
I dont get why they did that with a Tom cat ? :tired:

Offline Corporal Smokey

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2007, 13:38:07 PM »
I know, that makes it all the worse. Poor lamb had stitches all the way along his belly. Seems far worse than the "sideways" way of doing things!

Offline lisa77

• Hero Cat
  • Little Leo..
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2007, 12:59:36 PM »
Must be a very old fashioned vet - Ive havent heard of that way for years ? bless him

Offline dolcetta46

• Super Cat
    • Oliver's personal page
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2007, 12:53:12 PM »
Cpl Smokey was cut open to be spayed  >:( . Took the poor little tyke ages to get over the embarrasment and I still think he's a little more sensitive around his tum  :(

Oh blimey!!  And that moron actually called him/herself a veterinarian??? :shocked:  Should have his/her licence revoked for that blunder!! >:(  Poor poor Smokey!! :hug:
« Last Edit: December 13, 2007, 12:53:47 PM by dolcetta46 »

Offline Corporal Smokey

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2007, 12:44:59 PM »
Cpl Smokey was cut open to be spayed  >:( . Took the poor little tyke ages to get over the embarrasment and I still think he's a little more sensitive around his tum  :(

Offline dolcetta46

• Super Cat
    • Oliver's personal page
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2007, 11:44:54 AM »
No I don't believe it is possible Leo was already too sweet to be real before!! :Luv2:
Oliver is just as frisky as ever, I think he got a bit lazier though!!

Thank you for the kind words, loads of :hug: :hug: and headbutts!! :Luv:

Offline lisa77

• Hero Cat
  • Little Leo..
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2007, 11:32:15 AM »
jees I would be scared too !

Glad your little beaut is ok too..

Im sure Leo has got more affectionate.. is this possible in a week ?

Offline dolcetta46

• Super Cat
    • Oliver's personal page
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2007, 18:11:31 PM »
Glad Leo is doing well!! 

Yep I had a scary moment when we went back to pick Oliver up in the evening Saturday.  The vet was by himself without receptionist at that time, and 4, 5 people were there.  The vet brought out  Oliver and set us aside and told us "could you please wait in the exam room, I need to explain something" and went on to take care of other people.  That really spooked me I thought there was something amiss.  I looked thoroughly over Oliver, he looked okay other than still a bit drowsy and a bit cross.  It took about 20 minuts before the vet came back to us but it seemed to me forever and a day while I was brooding over what terrible thing I must hear!!  Well in the end he just went over the after care and some instructions and what to expect in coming days, just routine things. :)  So everything turned out to be okay and the vet was a nice bloke, but I wish he could have assured me everything was okay at the beginning!! :-:

Offline unseeliechylde

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2007, 17:25:00 PM »
 :hug: to both of you - so glad lovely Leo is happy and home again. I can still recall being very worried about Riley when he got done, and little Skye too. Receptionists should realise that these are our babies - no matter how routine or sraightforward the op, there is always a small risk, and we always worry ourselves sick! :tired:
I did have to laugh at the thought of his "trimmed" fuzzy-bits! :rofl: :rofl:

Offline lisa77

• Hero Cat
  • Little Leo..
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2007, 14:08:16 PM »
Leo is absolutely fine thanks.. He is running around like nothing has happend - I think he thinks he just went for a day trip somewhere !

Hopefully I won't have to deal with the receptionist for the vet I visited as she was from the actual surgery where all ops get done & not the normal vets..
 :thanks: xx

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
  • SwampMax happy on their sunny French balcon 05!
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2007, 13:30:06 PM »
How's Leo? That top pic of him just brightened my day (mad little look on his face and those whiskery ears lol).

Sorry about the rude receptionist, v out of order. I changed vet in London because I had such a rude vet. Thankfully I did as she'd not diagnosed the Swampcat with liver disease and 24 hours later his life was being saved in hospital by another (my current) vet! Then when the notes came through, she'd written that I was too mean to pay for blood tests!  >:(  >:(
If the vet's good, I'd mention that you'd been a bit insensitively treated and maybe he can have a quiet word. Sounds like she has a lot to learn.

Big purrs to little Leo.

Offline Catjane

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2007, 19:50:00 PM »
Glad he's fine, Lisa!

Hehe ... when Sabby was 'done' they didn't feed him (his op was later in the day) but gave me a tin of chicken and rice to feed him once he got home.  I have never seen anything like it!  As soon as he was let out the carrier he hared into the kitchen meouwing like crazy, I barely got the tin open and he had devoured it!  I don't think he ever noticed his 'sore spot'!!

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2007, 19:13:33 PM »
Bless him!  :Luv:   Glad he's home, despite the journey.

I don't think the cut is very big and once the blood vessels have been tied off there isn't much bleeding and it heals up without the need for anything to hold it together.

Offline berties mum

• Hero Cat
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2007, 19:07:32 PM »
So glad he's okay Lisa, which is the main thing.  I would mention the rudeness of the receptionist to the vet, if I were you.  Vet's receptionists frequently have to deal with people who are anxious or emotional, and a bit of empathy ought to be on the job description!

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2007, 19:06:08 PM »
as you say, it is a tiny incision and it needs to be able to drain if any infection gets in. Dogs get stitches, but not cats ...

Offline lisa77

• Hero Cat
  • Little Leo..
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2007, 19:04:57 PM »
Well were all settled back at home! Traffic was hurrendous on the way home.. Police blocked off a lane on the dual carriage way.. agonising que of traffic on the one day Im desprate to get home !

More importantly Leo is doing fine.. He does look a bit red in that area but he has eaten & by the wail coming from the bathroom he has just been to the toilet too !

They explained that they tie them down there & no stitches or glue are used & not needed ? I don't get it because they have to actually cut the skin.. mind you I suppose they are only small so a very tiny incision may of been made?

I think they have trimmed his hair around that area as they were quite fluffy.. not now ! 

Its good to be at home with him again  :Luv: :Luv2:

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2007, 18:28:18 PM »
that woman clearly has no place in a veterinary clinic. If she does not learn fast that the owners are the biggest patients (plus the ones with the cheque books) she will soon be out of a job - silly moo, glad Leo is fine and I am sure you will have a lovely reunion tonight. :hug:

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2007, 18:06:21 PM »
That would make me mad too.  However minor the procedure, we worry and don't expect that sort of behaviour from the reception staff.  Thankfully I've never had any of the staff at my vets talk to me like that.  I would mention it to the vet or practice manager tbh, although I can understand you probably just want to get Leo home and not make a fuss about it.  A vet practice by it's very nature is going to be dealing with people whose pets are sick and the staff on reception should be appropriately trained to deal with people better than that.

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2007, 16:33:54 PM »
Nearly time  ;D

Bet you cant wait either  :hug:

Ignore the rude reception at the vets, although I know its hard.  One thing I cannot stand is rudeness myself, it makes me mad  >:(

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2007, 16:16:53 PM »
So sorry about the response that you had at the Vets - she may have been having an off day like we all do or do you find that this particular Receptionist is like this all the time?

When I am working on Reception I try very hard if I am not feeling 100% to still look after the customers and give them the service that they deserve and expect.  The majority of the time I think I am a people person.

You are probably picking Leo up as we speak, I am sure he will be fine.  Spike and Homer were absolutely fine after theirs recently.

:hug:
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline lisa77

• Hero Cat
  • Little Leo..
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2007, 15:10:00 PM »
Oh you got me all excited then... then I looked at the clock  :evillaugh:

I will be over joyed to see him  :Luv: :Luv:

Offline dolcetta46

• Super Cat
    • Oliver's personal page
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2007, 14:56:55 PM »
(((hugs))) Lisa.  Eejits are not worth your time, and she is just a receptionist, not the doc who treated him, so as long as the doc was nice and caring and competent, sod the receptionist!!
Well it is just about an hour away from the reunion... bless you both!! :hug: :hug: :hug:

Edited to add:  oh crikey I forgot, here it is one hour ahead so you have still 2 hours!!  oh what a torture!!  Hang in there hun ;)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2007, 15:00:44 PM by dolcetta46 »

Offline lisa77

• Hero Cat
  • Little Leo..
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2007, 14:47:02 PM »
Well I feel better for letting off steam ! - Cheers for everyone being here x x xx

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2007, 14:45:31 PM »
oh Lisa {{hug}}

The main thing is Leo is ok - just ignore the stupid  :censored:ER !

Give Leo a BIG kiss from me when you pick him up xxxx

Offline lisa77

• Hero Cat
  • Little Leo..
Rude vets
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2007, 14:23:08 PM »
Just called vets to check how Leo was doing & sahe said "We did call you earlier & left a message that he was fine" to which I replied "I know but I missed your call so didnt manage to speak to you"

I then asked if he had eaten anything as yet & she was SO rude.. she laughed & said "No we don't usually feed them unless they are still going to be here towards the end of the day" to which i replied "Yea I did actually mention I wasnt picking him up untill 5pm"

Then she went "OooooK we will se you later then" & I said "Well is he OK then ?" & she said "yeah fine" (bet she probably hasnt even met him..

She was just really rude & made me feel like I was bugging her by ringing.. ooo I put the phone down & said "stupid  :censored:"

Also when I dropped him off I had to obviously sign a form... the receptionist was huffing & puffing while I was reading through it... ooo hate rude people.. especially when you are paying that much ££ & you really are leaving your pets lives in their hands .. Im sorry just angry.

Link to CatChat