Author Topic: Hello from Shannon & her felines!  (Read 2237 times)

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
Re: Hello from Shannon & her felines!
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2007, 20:31:25 PM »
Hi and  :welcome: to Purrs

Your "family" sounds wonderful  :Luv2: :Luv2:

In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2007, 19:04:03 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs  ;D

I love your cats and the bottom one looks like another of Misas relatives  :rofl:

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2007, 18:11:13 PM »
suffice to say, I keep his ribbons of accomplishment in a special place and get them out from time to time ... :Luv:

Offline shannon

• Kitten
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2007, 18:06:21 PM »
ha ha ha! Poor lil puppy dog, there's nothing wrong with having brains!

You should go for it and train for the kennel club good citzens! It is really fun to do! You feel so proud when you get handed the certifcate when they pass (I didn't cry at all  :-[) he he!
~Shannon~

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2007, 17:49:15 PM »
oh, I think Shadow and i would like that ;D He went up to advanced level 2 in queensland and really enjoyed it. We both did, but him particularly. He was teachers pet cos he learns so quickly. He was also used for the rougher, more dominant dogs to learn from so if he had been a kid, the classmates would have had him out the back of the gym to beat him up I think  :rofl:

Offline shannon

• Kitten
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2007, 17:31:46 PM »
http://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/cgi-bin/item.cgi?id=412

Basically, it is a basic obedience test. But it a lot more relazxed and less formal than the stuff you see at Crufts. (If that makes sense) But it isn't just about the training, they also test the handler on knowldege of being a dog owner.   
~Shannon~

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2007, 17:26:21 PM »
what is 'good citizens'? I sounds like some sort of award for obedience or other, but not a term I am familiar with ...

Offline shannon

• Kitten
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2007, 17:24:21 PM »
What dogs have you Shannon? 

Now you have asked for it!!! :wow:

There is...

Charlie Brown- collie x lurhcer, 8 yrs old (ex flyball & agility competor and NEARLY passsed his gold good ctizens)
Peppermint Patty- yellow lab, 7 yrs old (ex-agility competor, passed her silver good citzens)
Casper- White collie, 5 yrs old (passed his gold good citzens)
Toddy- staffie x lurcher, 4 yrs old (passed his silver good citzens, flyball competor, HTM trained, he does demos at Crufts, demos at local fetes & show, qualified for Scruffts 2004 and he was asked to audition for Top Dogs TV prog in the summer)
Moss- collie x saluki, 3 yrs old (passed her silver good citzens)
Bear- German shepherd x Northern Inuit, 18 months old (he has done absoulutley nothing!)
Copper- Beagle x terrier? 18 months old (she hasn't done either!!! But it won't be long until she wins the ugliest dog of the year!  ;))
Spud- Jack Russel, 11 months (we've only had him for 1 month, he was a failed foster dog! LOL)

That has warned you! I wouldn't go asking questions like that again if I were you!  :P
~Shannon~

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2007, 07:17:18 AM »
 :morning:  Hi Shannon - welcome to Purrs!   Cor, love the photies of Mikey and Randall.  They both look so cuddlesome, but Mikey has a well cheeky little look about him.  Bet he's quite a ball of mischief  ;D

And another rattie fan too!  Hope we get to see some piccies of the rats.

What dogs have you Shannon?  I've got one beardie cross called Tess - mad and hairy, and a big kid at heart even though she's just coming up to 10 years of age.  And there's Paddy of course, me little elderly feline gent, pictured left.  :hug:

Offline Ralph's mum (angie)

• Super Cat
  • Rainbow Bridge Babies Bob, Max and Ralph 🌈💔
  • Slave to: Harvey and Ruby the mutts!!
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2007, 22:30:02 PM »
what a lovely furry family you have they are stunning babes  :Luv2:
Cats don't come when they are called,
They take a message and get back to you later.
                           Wilfred P. Lampton

Offline shannon

• Kitten
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2007, 22:01:18 PM »
It is great to meet you all!!!! I can't wait to get stuck in, it won't be long until i'm addicted (I am to the other forums that im involved in!)  :)

You werent snarly at all Blackcat! I don't blame you for being nosey, I am the same!  ;)

~Shannon~

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2007, 21:44:51 PM »
Hi Shannon, welcome to purrs, sorry if I sounded a bit snarly on my other post - like i said, we is nosy around here  ;D But you have just joined the friendliest bunch of people on the internet, so sit back and enjoy the ride ;D ;D

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2007, 21:24:57 PM »
Hi Shannon &  :welcome: to Purrs

So glad you have found us, this really is a great site - lots of fun with friendly, helpful advice if needed  :)  I see you have got the hang of pic posting, you're going to fit in just fine  :evillaugh:

Love the milky chin/head pic, in fact they're all gorgeous  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

I will warn you though as I do all newcomers, this place is seriously addictive - you have been warned  :Crazy:

Offline shannon

• Kitten
Hello from Shannon & her felines!
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 21:19:21 PM »
Hiya everyone!!!

My name is Shannon, and I live in Northampton. I have 8 dogs, 3 cats, 1 foster cat (she is in the rehoming section on Purrs), 10 rats, 1 gerbil and 3 fish. As you can tell, it's a quiet house!  :Crazy:

My oldest cat is a 15yr old tabby called Peanuts (after the Snoopy cartoons, not the food!) I know, it's a stupid name, I'd like to point out, I didn't name her!

This is Mikey, he is about 9/10 months old. I got him when he was about 3 months and he was a semi-feral kitten! Yes, he does have milk on his head!

This is Randal, Mikey's brother. There were only 2 in their litter, hense my Dally is the beast of a cat that he is! You need to watch those big bear paws! He is meant to be white, but he is a dirty herbert!
~Shannon~

Link to CatChat