Author Topic: SECUR-A-CAT GARDEN CAT-PROOFING KIT  (Read 41131 times)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Re: SECUR-A-CAT GARDEN CAT-PROOFING KIT
« Reply #80 on: June 16, 2008, 11:55:46 AM »
This post comes up in the top two when you google secur-a-cat so thought I'd put in an update for all those searching for info on secur-a-cat fencing.

The cat proof fencing is up and really works, I have had no escapes (or even close) from my two young, adventurous cats.  Would highly recommend it  ;D

Info on the system is available by emailing Securacat@aol.com or by ringing them on 01553 776417  ;D
« Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 17:58:14 PM by Tiggy's Mum - Helen »

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #79 on: December 14, 2007, 11:00:17 AM »
Great result  and pictures  ;D

« Last Edit: December 14, 2007, 11:50:20 AM by Gill (sneakiefeline) »

Offline Roz

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #78 on: December 14, 2007, 10:20:19 AM »
Oh shucks Helen,

If I'd known the box was gonna be such a star I'd have asked the guys to make a better job of it ha ha   :coolpics:......thanks so much for the info on the 'zanies' ....I'll look them up.

Lots of love

Roz 

You may think that what you do is insignificant, but it's important that you do it.  (Gandhi)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #77 on: December 14, 2007, 10:04:06 AM »
Oh dear  :scared: Lucas has taken a shine to the box, I still have the box my PC came in on it's side (with some decorative feathers poked in it  :innocent:) in the living room as he wouldn't forgive me if I threw it away.  Looks like I'm going to have to live with this in my hallway or break his heart  :evillaugh:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #76 on: December 14, 2007, 09:47:46 AM »
This arrived today  :wow:  Thank you so much Roz - I really can't wait to have it in action  :)

Here's the boys inspecting their package  :)

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
« Reply #75 on: December 11, 2007, 09:14:40 AM »
Money received, item can be posted or "shipped" or whatever - it's gonne be a big parcel.  Thank you both for such a wonderful item.
Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #74 on: December 09, 2007, 22:21:58 PM »
Paid via paypal - £135.00 plus extra to cover paypal fees

Thanks again Roz, I'm so thrilled to have won this  :Luv:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #73 on: December 09, 2007, 21:10:29 PM »
Huge thanks to Roz for such an amazingly generous item  :)  I can't wait to move and put it up get someone to put it up for me, I'm sure the boys will love being able to play outside safely  :)

:win bid:

Congratulations Tiggy's Mum - Helen You’re the winner with a final bid of £135.00 including P & P all to be paid to Lesley.

Please see the thread “How to pay your auction money to Lesley”

Please contact Roz via email on their profile or by Private Message with the name of the item/s you have won  and the address you would like the item sent to. The money must be paid to Lesley before the item is sent from the auctioneer.

Please post on this thread once you have sent the money off to Lesley for confirmation. Thanks.

For the auctioneer

Thanks for auctioning the item and for covering the postage cost so more funds go to Lesley.

It's the auctioneer’s responsibility to guarantee the auctioned item is posted to the winning bidder.

The winning bidder must pay Lesley the winning bid before you send off the auction item. Please wait until a post is made on the item thread saying the winner has paid.

Please could you post confirmation on this thread when you have posted the item to the winner. Thanks

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #72 on: December 09, 2007, 12:09:08 PM »
Top bid on this £120

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #71 on: December 09, 2007, 11:41:10 AM »
Please dont beat yourself up about him getting it due to having outdoor access Gail, it doesn't help. FIP all depends on the cats immune system - my neighbours at the back have Bengals, and he lost his 7mo to it in Sept - and they were indoor only, and I doubt it came from the breeder with how long he had had him.
I hate seeing those three little letters, and i hate that people have to go through it. But, we would get banned for using the words we truly feel about it.
Apologies for taking thread off track!!
Please spay your cat

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #70 on: December 09, 2007, 11:36:10 AM »
Gail, FIP doesn't work like that sadly, as it is a mutation of a virus - you are like me, 2 cats, 1 developed it, 1 didn't (and I assume Thai had the same outdoor access that Beau did). It is just a truly nasty disease.

She did indeed Des. Apparently they was always together, when they were out. My neighbour asked where one of them was, I told him I had lost Beau and he said they was always together so I thought it was strange seeing only one   :'( :'( :'(.  It just makes you wonder though.

Nasty is quite a tame word for FIP well done. Des. I have a many deep blue words for that virus, and my heart goes out to any slave that looses a babe to it. And then loosing Zakie Pooh, when Zu is naughty I dont mind sending him outside as I know he will be safe.

I still miss Beau even after 4 years  :'( :'( :'( :'(

A Meow Massages your heart.

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #69 on: December 09, 2007, 11:29:49 AM »
If I had the money I would bid. So I had spares, if anything ever happend. but I am spent out., my money is just dipping away, and where???? who knows it is just disappearing.

This kit is well worth more than £120.

I just hope a certain someone is watching. All bits crossed.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #68 on: December 09, 2007, 11:27:19 AM »
Gail, FIP doesn't work like that sadly, as it is a mutation of a virus - you are like me, 2 cats, 1 developed it, 1 didn't (and I assume Thai had the same outdoor access that Beau did). It is just a truly nasty disease.
Please spay your cat

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #67 on: December 09, 2007, 11:24:58 AM »
I appreciate what you say but people with moggies will also spend as much as needs be to protect their little ones.

I lost Beau to FIP he was a DSH, then I lost Zak to the road he was a pedigree Bengal. it was after loosing him to the road, and Tan Catproofing her garden I did mine. Even if Zak had been a DSH the garden would have been proofed. I did to protect them all Thai a DSH & Zubin & Zebedee Bengals. I just want my babes to be safe what ever breed they are., I couldn't go through loosing another babe. I lost Zak 3 weeks after the first anniversary of loosing Beau, which happen to be 2 weeks before his first Birthday.  I feel if the garden was proofed right away maybe Beau wouldn't have caught FIP. That is something I will never know.

Online Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #66 on: December 08, 2007, 17:32:04 PM »
I wish I had a garden to catproof :(  If I did I would definitely be bidding on this fab item. 

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #65 on: December 08, 2007, 15:57:00 PM »
Roz this a wonderful auction item.  Fantasic way to protect all our babes  :thanks:  I hope it beats last years bid and thanks to Helen for bidding on it, you def wont be disapointed hun.  :Luv:

I think we a re all a liitle strapped for cash this year so thanks to all of your bids on everything so far  :Luv:

Offline Roz

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #64 on: December 08, 2007, 13:14:04 PM »
I agree with you Ela but the point I was trying to make was that if you did happen to lose a little pedigree cat to roadkill then should you be wanting to replace that pedigree, it would cost you more than the price of a kit for another kitten, and you would have your enduring heartbreak to contend with as well.

I did say ' in sheer financial terms'  That doesn't apply to moggies who sadly, are all too numerous to find decent homes for....as all the rescue shelters are only too aware. :(
You may think that what you do is insignificant, but it's important that you do it.  (Gandhi)

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #63 on: December 08, 2007, 13:07:10 PM »
I appreciate what you say but people with moggies will also spend as much as needs be to protect their little ones.

RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Roz

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #62 on: December 08, 2007, 13:00:19 PM »
Hi Ela,

Please don't ever think that...most of my own cats are non peds and are rescue and I would give everything I own to keep them well and happy.  In fact, my hubs asks me on a daily basis what I am going to do when, perish the thought, anything happens to Pearl, my one eyed little rescue who I have had for eight years now and who is otherwise known by everyone around here as 'the love cat'....soooooo special is she.  I always say that we're gonna die on the same day....and I mean that in one way at least!!!

No, I'm just trying to raise more funds Ela....and I'm prepared to be ruthless for once in my life to do that  :evillaugh:

We raised £150 last year for a kit.  I would have liked to see that improved upon this year.

Lots of love

Roz
« Last Edit: December 08, 2007, 13:02:06 PM by Roz »

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #61 on: December 08, 2007, 12:53:06 PM »
For any of ya who have got pedigree cats.....God forbid that you should lose one on the road...but realistically,

Your offer is very generous but please don't be thinking that those of us that have never had a pedigree in our lives, don't value  our moggies. You could offer many thousands of pounds for any one  of my moggies but there is no way I would sell one as the are priceless.

Offline Roz

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #60 on: December 08, 2007, 12:02:04 PM »
C'mon everyone...only two days to go!

I could buy the kit back myself for this price...and be vastly in profit....unless you add the material cost to the equation and I've discounted this 'cos it's a gift!!!

Lesley would still get da money

For any of ya who have got pedigree cats.....God forbid that you should lose one on the road...but realistically, if such a tragedy did strike (and sadly, I speak to people every day who have experienced such heartbreak), in sheer financial terms, the cost of buying another pedigree kitty would be more than this....................so..............

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeze   (for the little loves who have drawn the short straw in life...unlike our pampered brats ) :evillaugh:
« Last Edit: December 08, 2007, 12:36:04 PM by Roz »

Offline Roz

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #59 on: December 07, 2007, 20:40:48 PM »
Oh Barney, how absolutely heartbreaking for you.  How did it happen? Did you reverse over her or something?  I have heard of that happening more often than you would believe. So, so sad.  You mustn't beat yourself up about it though...your little girl wouldn't want that.  What was her name?  And you must believe that she is still with you and always will be...just hold on to that thought.

Re this system: Foxes will not climb over the netting but if you have gaps at the bottom of your fence, you must address these before you start.  A row of secured bricks or chicken wire sunk into the ground should suffice.
Trees with branches that overhang your garden will have to be pruned back...but all this is for discussion once you have decided on a kit.  Just remember, nothing is insurmountable provided you are prepared to carry out the work.
Often it comes down to a straight choice between the garden or your cat.  My husband always says: 'Your tree will grow again but your cat never will'  (And I know how hard that last remark must be for you  :hug:)

Please believe me when I say I know exactly what you are going through because we developed this system after I lost my own beloved Ruby, an F3 bengal, on the road in October 2000.  She was just four years old. I don't think I had a happy day for five years following that.

I wish I could take the pain away for you but I am absolutely convinced that we will all be reunited with our little loves again one day:

There is a little verse that always gives me comfort whenever I think of my babes who have passed over and it is this:

'Those that we love and have lost
are waiting for us
in a place without parting
where we'll never
have to say goodbye again'

Hugs and thinking of you at this sad time :hug:

Roz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #58 on: December 07, 2007, 20:12:31 PM »
I think it depends whats on the other side and if there was a big tree for example a cat might get in, although because of the angle brackets and flimsey net I think it would be hard.

I am sorry to hear about your cat  :hug: We would love to hear about her on another thread.........you must be going through hell

Offline barney

• Adult Cat
« Reply #57 on: December 07, 2007, 20:08:51 PM »
Hi, I wish I had something like this last week in the garden then maybe I would still have my best friend around instead of driving over her and killing her. I cannot tell you how much of a crap week I have had over this. Anyway I did think of installing one of these type of fences this summer, my only concern was of other animals ie  foxes and other cats is it possible for them to gain access from the other side? and if so will they themselves not then become trapped in my garden? This is the only thing that has made me unsure of fitting one.

Offline Roz

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #56 on: December 07, 2007, 17:02:50 PM »
Sorry to plug me own kit but it's for a good cause ho ho

Last year we raised £150 for the kit so come on everyone....we only had 300 members then!!! :evillaugh:

I might have to get me ol' man to bid against it (he'll have to cough up then ha ha) to raise some extra dosh..is that allowed?

Lots of love

Queaks

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #55 on: December 07, 2007, 00:58:03 AM »
bump

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #54 on: December 06, 2007, 23:34:36 PM »
Helen hun ya def wont be sorry with the wonderful kit.  My lads are always out side and i know your lads will love it too.  ;D 

My neighbours were great and very pleased to have the fence up. I have 3 neighbours that our fences back on to and they were great.  tHey will only see the top of the fence from their side and if there are bushes behind that will cover it.   One has a yappy doggy and the lads just sit and watch doggy from the fence. Well ok they tease him with bottom wiggles.  :innocent: :evillaugh:

Roz hun Sorry Queakie  ;) :Luv2: thanks so much for this.  :Luv:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #53 on: December 06, 2007, 11:32:49 AM »
same Gail, it was losing Algie on the road which made me get cat proofing too, this is a fantastic price even a diy version would cost this much for materials

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #52 on: December 06, 2007, 11:28:43 AM »
Just want to keep this fantastic item up top.  ;D

It is worth more than £120. Mine was a bit more because it was more than the standard kit ( biggish garden). It is worth 10 times what I paid.

Honestly,  if I didnt think it was worth it I wouldn't plug it. If you have a kitty with a disability, then this is for you as, it allows them to go out and potter round the garden.

I only had mine done bacause Zak (my avatar) was run over an killed outside my house, and I wanted to protect my others. I just wish everyone could have this wonderful system installed.

:Luv2:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2007, 23:26:46 PM »
 :auction 2:

Helen £120

Offline Roz

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2007, 20:40:41 PM »
Hi Milly's Mum,

Yes, agreed it would be difficult to discuss your garden in detail if you didn't have one, but normally the people who contact us do have a garden and are interested in cat-proofing it.  Because every garden is different I always like to make sure that each kit has sufficient materials to complete the job when it is despatched.   Usually, I ask for dimensions and if possible some piccies to be sent via e-mail.  This year, of course, because of all my IT probs I have been sent a 'library' of British gardens worthy of Kew itself through the post from my customers.

A standard kit will cat-proof  150ft of garden i.e three sides of a 50ft x 50ft garden...or however those dimensions might be apportioned.  We assume the house forms most of the fourth side.  However, if you have less than this, you can have half a kit or two thirds of a kit etc etc.  But, should you have any outbuildings eg sheds, summerhouses, pens or trees or like Gail said, an extension with a low roof, these will need cat-proofing as well so this is what we need to ascertain before the kit is sent out.

I can always send extra materials out to you but it is frustrating when you can't complete a job because of insufficient materials and it also incurs more carriage costs.

Hope that helps.

Best wishes,

Roz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #49 on: December 05, 2007, 16:32:49 PM »
Any bid for this item is for what Roz calls the standard kit and comes in a box as described further down and all details of size of garden the standard kit will cover is in the first post.

If when you get your home and garden and if it needs any others bits and pieces,  they can be bought from Roz at the normal price and I am sure if you pm her with questions , she will be happy to answer them for you  ;D ;D

currently

Helen £120

editted for my terrible typin!
« Last Edit: December 05, 2007, 16:34:39 PM by Gill (sneakiefeline) »

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2007, 16:07:11 PM »
and I would discuss your garden in detail before you purchased
If i were to bid how would that bit work as i dont own a home & garden yet...

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2007, 13:37:25 PM »
we had a new fence put inside our neighbours fence (if that makes sense

Of course it does.

Offline Roz

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #46 on: December 05, 2007, 12:46:09 PM »
Hi everyone discussing this item

Please don't worry about your fences....this system will not ruin them or affect them in any way.  You can even fit the system so that you can drop it down if you wish e.g. maybe you need to prune back high foliage on the other side of the fence or clip trees etc. or if, like the system our guys installed in Chamonix you need to take it down every winter so that the weight of the snow doesn't snap the brackets.  The chalet we cat-proofed there (we also built them a beautiful black aluminium fence around their swimming pool and garden and matched the cat-proofing brackets to it) receives about seven feet of snow every year.  They put our chaps up while they installed this and they got to swim in the pool in the reflection of Mont Blanc every day  :) So far we've cat-proofed four gardens for this couple: Faversham, Knightsbridge, Chamonix and Hampstead.  One very pampered cat....a Siamese of course!   :) Their sons use the chalet for skiing every winter but they spend the whole of August there every year.  Lovely people.....I just wish they would take on rescues as well as their Siamese cos they'd give them the best possible life.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2007, 12:32:05 PM »
This item is still up for auction so I repeat  ;D

Helen £120

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2007, 12:16:12 PM »
Lol, great minds and all that Dawn  :evillaugh:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2007, 12:15:31 PM »
I guess there's no reason, if you did have a neighbour not wanting you to put stuff on their fence, why you could install another fence alongside it on your side?  As long as its within your boundary, it shouldn't be an issue  ;)

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2007, 12:15:03 PM »
we had a new fence put inside our neighbours fence (if that makes sense) so fencing on both sides that's always and option although I appreicate not in the run up to Christmas when everyone has so many other financial demands but you could put the kit away for a while

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2007, 12:12:32 PM »
The only problem I can see is if our neighbour wanted to fit cat proofing to our fence is, we have panels fitted into concrete posts. Occasionally we will need to take out the panels to weatherproof them.

Link to CatChat