Author Topic: RIP Hunter  (Read 3988 times)

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: none :'(
Re: RIP Hunter
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2008, 02:32:34 AM »
So very Sad to read this

:RIP: Hunter, safe at the Bridge now

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

Offline HaneyHarperIndyMum (Val)

• Senior Cat
  • Harper Boy
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2008, 03:49:46 AM »
Thank you all so much everyone for all your support and understanding.  Loosing Hunter has been devastating since just 6 months earlier I lost his brother Harley.   So many dear friends have helped me so much to get through this.  I am forever grateful.  Each day that passes my broken heart heals and I am able to fill it with loving memories that I have of my boys.  As you know, Hunter was especially close to me and I cherish every moment that I had with him.  I really do think he took a piece of my heart with him.

RIP my sweet boys

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2008, 11:19:53 AM »
I am so so sorry for you loss - thinking of you HunX

Play hard at the Bridge Hunter - you can play with your brother until your Mummy comes to collect you xxx
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2008, 08:17:32 AM »
I am so very sorry to hear this, you gave them so much love though. RIP little ones
Please spay your cat

Offline MooCat

• Adult Cat
    • Myspace Musician
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2008, 01:56:30 AM »
Deepest sympathies for your loss  :'( :'(
"There are many intelligent species in the universe. They are all owned by cats."

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2008, 23:14:44 PM »
Just so terribly sad for you  :hug: :hug:

Offline CC & The Pussycat Guys & Dolls

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2008, 20:29:59 PM »
I remember when you first joined asking about them.

Lovely tribute to two lovely boys.  :)

RIP Hunter and Harley forever in your mums heart xxx

:hug:
Just because your out of sight, does not mean your out of mind <3

Offline HaneyHarperIndyMum (Val)

• Senior Cat
  • Harper Boy
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2008, 19:37:06 PM »
Thank you Lesa for posting this for me.  Thank you everyone for all your kind words. 

Losing my Hunter was devastating.   When I found Hunter's fur  I knew then that he was not just another missing kitty but that he had been killed.   Just knowing what horror he must have endured by that wild coyote and trying desperately to save his own life, just ripped my heart out.   I felt as if I had failed to protect him even though I gave him the very best care.  I was riddled with guilt.  I have cried and cried buckets of tears.  I feel like I lost the love of my life.  I now have to focus on my surviving cat Haney.  He has been so sad too.  He meows and searches the entire house looking for Hunter all day long.  It is heartbreaking to see.     

I don't think I fully understood the dangers of living above a canyon that is full of wild life.  I do now.  My cats had so much open space to explore and do what cats love to do.  Run, and chase mice, butterflies, lizards, grasshoppers and bugs.  I never ever let my cat outside after dusk because I knew that is when most predators would be out.  I thought I was doing every thing right to protect them from harm and yet let them do what cats enjoy.  Six months ago when Harley went missing, I searched for months for him.  Put up posters on every corner, handed out fliers to every house on my street and some on the next road.  He was such a beautiful cat, that I was sure he had found another home or had gotten stolen.  Now in the event of what happened to Hunter, I now believe that Harley probably was a victim to a coyote too.  I can't be certain but it does make sense to me now.   It is hard to accept that two darling cats have lost their lives while in my care and it hurts like hell to admit it, but it's true.   I am going to be looking into putting up cat fencing after the first of the year since I now understand I need to do more to protect my cats.  I have learned a tough lesson here and putting up cat fencing to keep my cats contained in my own garden will not be cheap but I think it is the responsible thing to do.  I know in my heart that I will be getting another cat for Haney and I need to make sure they are kept safe.

Hunter and Harley,  my two precious kittens who grew up to be such wonderful playful brothers.  When they first arrived in my life I had no idea that I would be so completely and deeply in love with them, but I was.  It did not take long before I knew that they had stolen my heart.  I was completely cat crazy and head over heels in love with them both.  Hunter and Harley brought such joy to my life and filled my home with so much love.  I could watch them for hours just wrestling at play while running and chasing each other throughout the entire house.  The bells on their collars would ring and ring as they tumbled and rolled together.  It was like sweet music to me.  I would laugh so much!  No pet that I have ever owned has made me laugh so much. 

As they grew from sickly little kittens into strong young adult cats, they began to show me and reward me with just how well balanced and independent they had become. They were my dream boys, my cats!  I was so very proud of my Hunter and Harley.  I knew in my heart I had been a wonderful cat mum to them.   I provided them with medical care with a wonderful vet who I trusted and tenderly nursed them through all their illnesses.   I provided my two boys with the very best home two cats could ever want.  They were spoiled rotten with cat toys and trinkets and fed the best foods but most of all they were so incredibly LOVED.  I thought that we would all grow old together.  I never dreamed that I would loose them both.  My heart is broken.   

Some may say that I should not have let them go outside as there are so many dangers in the world, but I believe that cats are free spirited.  It is in their natural nature to hunt for mice and search out lizards and catch as many grasshoppers as they can.  My Hunter and Harley were playful hearted who loved to explore and I know that they were truly happy cats. 

I have cried so many tears and it is so hard to let them go but no amount of tears could ever bring them back.  I know that Hunter and Harley are now together and will be waiting for me at Rainbow Bridge.   I am so sad that their lives ended so tragically.  I miss them so deeply that my heart actually feels pain.   I love you Hunter and Harley.  I guess this was God's plan for you boys.  I will see you again my loves.  Haney is not the same without you Hunter.  He is so very sad and meowing for you in every room.  Haney misses you so much.

I do find some peace just knowing that I have been able to share their lives with you all from kittens to cats.  Thank you to you all for your support and love.

RIP Hunter and Harley, I love you so much.

The day I adopted Hunter and Harley from the rescue shelter

Hunter

Hunter doing what he loved best....catching bugs and bringing them back home to me! 

Harley

Hunter and Harley

Here is Hunter laying on the couch with his best pal, Haney.   Haney is so sad now too.

I LOVE YOU FOREVER HUNTER AND HARLEY!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 19:58:01 PM by HunterHarleyMum (Val) »

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2008, 23:57:54 PM »
Please give Val and her family a :hug:

Poor Hunter  :(
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2008, 19:36:34 PM »
What a sad story :(                                                                                                                                                                              God bless Hunter :RIP:
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline CC & The Pussycat Guys & Dolls

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2008, 14:01:29 PM »
So sorry

RIP Hunter xx
Just because your out of sight, does not mean your out of mind <3

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2008, 13:14:02 PM »
So sad  :'(

godbless Hunter xx
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2008, 12:52:22 PM »
this is terribly sad  :hug:

RIP Hunter, play hard on the Bridge gorgeous one

Offline koscha (Ruth M)

• Hero Cat
  • Meowmy to Kelirehenna, Rincewind & Zeratul
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2008, 12:49:20 PM »
RIP Hunter  :(

Hugs for Val and the furbabes  :hug:

Offline Bryony84

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Amber and Chilli
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2008, 12:16:54 PM »
I'm so sorry to hear this, it must be the most awful experience. Makes me very glad that we have far fewer big predators over here.

Hunter was a truly beautiful cat and taken far too young. RIP gorgeous boy

http://furrytripod.wordpress.com/ : Casper's tripod blog and sponsorship page

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2008, 10:52:06 AM »
So very sorry to hear this.

RIP Hunter

:hug: for Val

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2008, 10:48:38 AM »
RIP Hunter, safe and sound at the Bridge until his Mum is ready to collect him xx

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2008, 10:39:00 AM »
RIP Hunter how awful for you and your family :hug:

Offline sixfurballs

• Senior Cat
  • Bronte, Dino, Huxley & Heidi
RIP Hunter
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2008, 10:31:48 AM »
I don't think Val will feel up to posting this yet or that she will mind me telling you.

Val is devastated at the moment as she lost the second of the beautiful boys she adopted. Hunter went missing one night last week and a few days later Val found a lot of his fur in the canyon near her home. Some of it had blood on it and she believes he was attacked by a coyote. Her other cat Haney is very bonded with Hunter and he seems to be grieving and looking for Hunter.

Val and I spend so much time talking about our pets every day and especially our cats that her cats all feel like a part of my furball clan and I am so saddened for her by this terrible news.

Here is a link to Val's thread about her boys.

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,13275.0.html

RIP Hunter. I'll miss hearing all the tales of your adventures and seeing your handsome face.

Link to CatChat