Author Topic: Harper & Haney & Indy  (Read 10802 times)

Offline HaneyHarperIndyMum (Val)

• Senior Cat
  • Harper Boy
Re: Harper & Haney & Indy
« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2009, 01:14:34 AM »
That darn Haney cat of mine gave me quite a scare last night!  My neighbor rang my door bell just past 8 pm.  When I opened the door, Haney got out.  I tried to catch him and the little brat RAN from me!!  He ran underneath my neighbor's car.  I was on my hands and knees, in my pajamas I might add, trying to pull Haney out from underneath the car.  He moved to the other side so I got up to go around.  He bolted out from under the car as if to say "Catch Me If You Can"!!  The more I tried to catch him, the more wanted to run away.  He had never done that before!  I finally gave up chasing after him when he jumped the fence two doors down.  I could not see him anywhere since it was night time and he is black.  I stayed up until 2 am calling his name and looking out my door for him. I decided to leave the cat flap unlocked.  I went to bed finally and just prayed that he would be safe and make it back home. 

When I got up this morning, sure enough, there Haney was fast asleep on the couch as if nothing had happened!  DARN CAT!!!!

• Senior Cat
  • Harper Boy
« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2009, 19:25:13 PM »
Aww I'm so glad that you guys remember me! :happy dance:   Thank you all so much for caring about my sweet Hunter.  I miss him everyday.  I know we are not suppose to have a "favorite" but he was my first cat and I loved him deeply. 

Debsymiller (Rufus' mum), you would not believe how wonderful Indy has become.  She is still very much a loner cat and rather not interact to much with the other two cats, but every once in a while, she will actually play with Harper, batting each other with their paws.  Lately I have noticed that Indy is beginning to want to lay somewhat near Haney and Harper when they are outside on the patio.   Sometimes Haney will give chase to Indy, but finally he does not attack her when he catches her.  It's more like he is warning her that HE is still the boss around here! :rofl: lol  It really is cute. 

Offline Debsymiller (Rufus' mum)

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • RIP Layla and Rufus- love you forever xxx
    • East Surrey Cats Protection
« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2009, 21:00:51 PM »
Hi Val
That's really strange, I was just thinking about you the last few days, wondering where you had disappeared to and if you ever got Indy to mix. When I first joined the forum you were trying all sorts of things to introduce them.
Welcome back.
I'm so sorry to hear about Hunter  :hug: I know he must be playing at the bridge, up to all kinds of mischief! So pleased that Harper has settled so well and I look forwrad to hearing more about him :)

Debs :)

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2009, 20:52:47 PM »
Hi Val,

Of course we remember you.  I'm so so sorry to hear the sad news about Hunter  :(  My heart goes out to you.

RIP Hunter sweetheart ... much loved and sorely missed.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

• Senior Cat
  • Harper Boy
« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2009, 13:46:13 PM »
Hi Bazsmum!  I glad that you remember me!  Yes, I was really proud when Harper was Vicky Halls Cat Of The Month.  I sent copies to all my family and friends!  I was beaming with glory! lol :rofl: 

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2009, 03:33:14 AM »
I remember reading your posts Val and I am so, so sad for you that Hunter has gone to Rainbow Bridge but as you say "he was doing what he loved the most"  :Luv: RIP Sweet Hunter x

You must be so proud being in Vicky Halls Feb cat of the month!  ;D

3 black cats.....no-one round here would think your mad....crazy cat people we are and will stay!

TC x  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Lovely pics btw!  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

• Senior Cat
  • Harper Boy
« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2009, 00:52:27 AM »
Hello everyone!  You may not remember me?  I left for a while. I've got some very sad news.   I tragically lost my precious boy Hunter to the coyotes in the canyon were I live.  I was so full of sorrow and the tears just did not stop.  It has taken me months to stop crying for him and to stop feeling so guilty for allowing my cats to be indoor/outdoor cats.  I finally stopped beating myself up about it.  I know in my heart that Hunter was truly a happy cat and I know he enjoyed a full life.  I know he would not have wanted to live any other way.  I find peace in my heart for believing this to be true.  When Hunter was killed, I found his fur all over the brush on the canyons edge.  I knew that he had been in a serious fight for his life.  He was almost home, just another few feet to the fence line.  I never did find his collar.  It was a sight I will never forget and truly one of the saddest days of my life.  I love you Hunter boy....RIP sweet boy.

After a few months of mourning, I realized that my other cat, Haney was extremely lonely.  He was not himself.  He would cling to me like never before and many times, in the beginning he would just howl for Hunter and look for him everywhere.  Although, I still had my other cat Indy, Haney was not bonded to her, in fact they do not get along at all but merely tolerate each other.  Indy is much of a loner cat and prefers her own company and that of mine.  So I decided that I could not let my Haney boy be lonely anymore and set out on a quest to find the PURRFECT pal for him.   When I first adopted Haney, he was a troublesome cat with a long history of aggression.  He had been living in a shelter for most of his life.  Over a great deal time and a lot of patience, Haney became the most loving cat. A true joy to have in my home.   I knew I just had to find "just the right" cat for him.  I began searching the rescue shelters and writing emails to these shelters telling them of what I am looking for in another cat for my special boy Haney to become friends with.  I told them that not just any cat would do.  I needed a cat who was extremely passive and loving yet confident.....just like my Hunter was.

Finally, in early November I got an email back from a rescue shelter saying that they had the purrfect match!  I drove out there the next day to visit with the cat they found.  I knew the moment I held him in my arms that he was in fact the purrfect match for Haney.  I adopted him right then and there!!!!  I named him Harper.  I put Harper in quarantine and followed all the rules.  I had expected it to go horribly just as it did with Haney and Indy.  To my surprise, Haney would lay by the door that Harper was quarantined behind and practically beg for him to come out.  After a few days of quarantine and nose sniffing through the door/grid, I let Haney and Harper meet.  It was nearly love at first sight!  I was so amazed at how well they got along right from the beginning.  It was a PURRFECT match!  I was really overjoyed and could see the life and spark come back into Haney almost as if a light switch had been turned on in him.   

In December I sent Harper's story and pictures into author Vicky Hall. 
Then in Vicky Hall's Newsletter,  Harper was chosen to be "The Cat of The Month for February" :yayyy: :yayyy:   

I really had a hard time facing the fact that I lost my precious Hunter who had been with me since he was 11 weeks old.  My heart was broken, but Harper has helped to heal my broken heart and Haney's too.   

When Harper first arrived, my 4 year old grandson helped show Harper around the garden. lol

Haney and Harper are best pals!  People think I'm crazy for getting another black cat!  They can't tell them apart...but I can!!  Aren't they GREAT!

Harper sitting on the fireplace mantel just watching everything. lol

Haney and his new cat toys he got for Christmas!  Of course he had to share with Harper and Indy. :naughty:

Harper and Haney catching a few sun rays.  Awww so warm and cozy.

And of course Indy still thinks she is the Queen of the House.  Awww so beautiful!!  (she hates the boys) lol

Indy sitting on the fireplace mantel too....after Harper jump down! lol

Also, I now work at the San Diego Humane Society and SPCA as a volunteer.  I am hoping that I will soon get hired on there as an employee.  There is a beautiful long haired  black kitty there who I have fallen for.  He looks just like my Haney and Harper.   I go back to the SPCA this Sunday April 19 for my volunteer work.  I've already made up my mind that if this kitty is still there....I am going to adopt him!!  Yippee!!!! 
Then people will really think I'm crazy with THREE black cats who all look a like! lol  :P :P

What do you think of this kitty?  :catluv:

« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 01:08:02 AM by HunterHarleyMum (Val) »

• Senior Cat
  • Harper Boy
Re: Hunter & Haney & Indy ~ Hunter's First Birthday! Yippee!
« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2008, 23:33:02 PM »
Thanks everyone.  Yes, Hunter did share his roasted chicken with us all.  We made chicken sandwiches on rolls.  It was a fun party.  Hunter is so sweet and loving.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2008, 22:32:47 PM »
Happy Birthday Hunter .. gorgeous boy  :Luv2:

Hope you have a great day and don't forget to share your chicken with the others ;)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2008, 21:45:25 PM »
Hope you had a great birthday Hunter, wow you are a gorgeous cat   ;D

Offline sixfurballs

• Senior Cat
  • Bronte, Dino, Huxley & Heidi
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2008, 09:35:21 AM »
Happy Birthday Hunter!

He looks so happy in those last photos Val - one content and full up cat.

I think Molly wanted some of that chicken as well - is she settling in well?

• Senior Cat
  • Harper Boy
« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2008, 03:39:09 AM »
My sweet precious boy Hunter turned ONE YEAR OLD TODAY!  Wow, I can hardly believe he is a year old today.  Time goes by so fast.  Well to celebrate Hunter's birthday, I bought him a nice rotisserie chicken and some fresh raw chicken wings.  My friend and her children, Andy and Victoria, along with their dog Molly, all came by for a nice chicken sandwich for lunch and to sing Happy Birthday to Hunter!  We had a fun time but I think Hunter got a little to full on his special meal and he had to go take a "time out" for a nap. lol :rofl:

:birthday:

Aw, yummy rotisserie chicken for the birthday boy Hunter!

Nap time! Tummy full!

« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 03:39:54 AM by HunterHarleyMum (Val) »

• Senior Cat
  • Harper Boy
Re: Hunter & Haney & MIA Harley~ Come meet Indy Blue!
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2008, 01:06:27 AM »
Thanks Annettemarie. 

If I marry again, it will most certainly be a man who loves animals and he must know how to use power tools so he can fix things around the house. lol :rofl:  See, I don't want much, do I? :rofl:

Offline annettemarie

• Adult Cat
  • My darling Crookie
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2008, 14:14:25 PM »
Oh shes such a poppet, though I feel for her having all her jabs, all mine hate the vets.

Ah, you never know, third time lucky!  But then again, the more I know about people the more I love my pets!  Thank goodness I married an animal lover this time round, so he is as soft as I am.

Annettemarie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2008, 21:53:50 PM »
My goodness her face is just like Kockas and although she was blue she was darker and had semi long fur so had sideburns  ;D

She is gorgeous and looking so regal, so like Wittys Pearl.

She seems to be letting her nosiness get the better of her , which is great  ;D

I hope the others and her like each other soon cos they are so gorgeous too.

• Senior Cat
  • Harper Boy
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2008, 20:07:53 PM »
Thank you annettemarie. 

Yes, divorce is very hard.  I worry about my grandchildren, that is why I gladly took their kitty Indy.  I was divorced twice.   Each time after 10 years of marriage.  That was 17 years ago and I'm quite happy without all the marriage drama.  lol   I since have devoted my life to my animals and my grandchildren and maybe one day Mr. Right will just happen along, who knows?  I'm much picker than I was so I won't make the same mistake a third time. lol :rofl:

I took Indy to the vet's yesterday and got all her jabs up to date plus flea treatment and I also had her micro chipped since she was never chipped before.  I think Indy will love it here once she gets settled in with my other two cats.  She has already accepted my two Chihuahua's quite nicely.  I have not shown her the two guinea pigs yet.  lol :rofl:

Today Indy is not feeling to good after getting her jabs and is staying under the bed.  She might be mad at me too for doing that to her?   Indy has only been here 16 days but I already have grown attached to her.  She's really a sweet cat.

Here she is laying on my couch while the other cats are outside in the garden.   Mostly Indy just stays in her safe room for now and I'm trying to let her explore the rest of the house at her own free will.

Indy exploring the house video.

Offline annettemarie

• Adult Cat
  • My darling Crookie
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2008, 08:37:33 AM »
I loved your photos...your little furry family look so cute.  You're so kind taking in your son's cat so the grandchildren don't loose their pet...divorce is so hard.  I too got divorced after 10 years of marriage, but I was lucky my hubby didn't want Crookie so she came with me.  I hope they work things out.

Annettemarie

• Senior Cat
  • Harper Boy
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2008, 00:32:17 AM »
Val it was kind of sad to go through this thread and see the pics of Hunter and Harley together.

I know it is still so sad for me too Lesa.  I still get tears in my eyes when I look back at Harley's pictures.  I will always wonder what happened to him and I will always look for him.  I miss him so much.  How I wish he was still here.

I know it is sad for you too Lesa, after all you are ALL my cats Special Auntie, and have always helped me so much every time I need advice.  :hug:

Offline sixfurballs

• Senior Cat
  • Bronte, Dino, Huxley & Heidi
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2008, 19:29:32 PM »
Val it was kind of sad to go through this thread and see the pics of Hunter and Harley together.

I love that last one of Hunter and Haney and I know I've said it loads of times but I do think Indy is stunning.

• Senior Cat
  • Harper Boy
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2008, 15:50:01 PM »
Thanks Helen and Kirst.

It's funny because I have never been to keen on Russian Blues but this little girl has really changed my mind.   She is the sweetest little girl and OMG just look at her face!  Who could resist a face like that? lol   She has already stole my heart. :Luv2:
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 15:50:51 PM by HunterHarleyMum »

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2008, 21:21:22 PM »
Such a pretty girl  :Luv2:  Really hope she settles down with her new brothers  :)

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2008, 17:50:54 PM »
Oooh isnt she pretty! I bet she settles in just fine and has you eating out of her paws in no time! :Luv2:

• Senior Cat
  • Harper Boy
Re: Hunter & Haney & MIA Harley~Come meet Indy Blue
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2008, 16:50:56 PM »
Hi everyone!  I've got another new addition to my cat family.   She is a Russian Blue and her name is Indy Blue.   She is 3 1/2 years old and belonged to my son's family.  My daughter in-law adopted her from a cattery when she was only 8 weeks old.  In the beginning Indy lived strictly indoors but she started spraying indoors so my daughter in-law put her outside.  Indy has been living strictly outdoors now for 3 years.  I decided to give Indy another chance here with me because my son and his wife are getting divorced.  It's all very sad.  They have been married now for 10 years and have three children.  I did not want my grandchildren to loose their pet cat too, so gramma to the rescue! lol   I'm hoping to get Indy stabilized here so that she can become an indoor/outdoor cat and live a nice quite happy life along with my other two resident cats, Hunter and Haney.

My son and his wife also have two other cats that are strictly indoors, so I may end up with those two also but hopefully my son and his wife will each keep a cat when they split up.

Anyway, without further a dew, may I present to you Indy Blue!  She really is a sweet little girl who loves to lay in your lap!

Here are my other two lazy bums, Hunter (gray) and Haney (black)....doing what they do best....sleep! lol :rofl:

« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 16:54:52 PM by HunterHarleyMum »

• Senior Cat
  • Harper Boy
Re: Hunter & Haney & MIA Harley~Meow
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2008, 18:46:58 PM »
Thanks Sam.  I think they both are very happy cats.  I am so glad that I adopted them both!  :catluv:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2008, 10:21:26 AM »
Ahhhhh simply gorgeous ... they look like very happy kitties to me  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

• Senior Cat
  • Harper Boy
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2008, 19:35:39 PM »
Hi guys!  I am pleased to report that Hunter and Haney are becoming quite bonded together now.  These two are so adorable and when they groom each other, they just melt my heart.  When I first got Haney he was very aggressive and would scratch me up if I tried to hold him or even pet him.  I don't see that bad behavior in him anymore.  He has become such a little lover boy and really enjoys sitting on my lap for long periods of time.   I really do believe he knows that I rescued him from living in a shelter and now trusts me and is very grateful to be here living with me.  That may sound silly, but that's what I believe.

Just look at my boys!  Hunter is the gray and Haney is the black cat.

lol, you can heard a flock of Crows flying over and both Hunter and Haney got a little spooked! lol

Haney decided he had just had enough of this photo shoot and got up and left! lol  :P Darn Cat!  And it was going so good too! :rofl:

When I first got Haney, his fur coat had little shine to it and was so dull.  I have had him now for 2 full months and have been feeding him the best foods and brushing him daily and trying to build a close bond with him....and it has worked!  Look at him now!  He is beautiful, don't you think? :wow: :Luv2:

« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 19:41:30 PM by HunterHarleyMum »

• Senior Cat
  • Harper Boy
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2008, 00:54:09 AM »
Ahh thanks for saying such nice things about me ... I like to think I am caring and sensitive ... but I'll let you into a little secret ... I'm not a man (Sam is short for Samantha  :rofl:  ;) )

lol  :rofl: Oops!  I should have know!  I've never met a man as caring and sensitive as you before! lol   :rofl: 

Now for all you men out there....I'm sure you sensitive guys are out there....it's just I've never met you YET!  :Luv2:

Thanks everyone!

ccmacey

« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2008, 00:13:13 AM »
So sorry your cat has gone missing, I am hoping he returns.  :hug:

lol Sam.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2008, 23:23:33 PM »
Ahh thanks for saying such nice things about me ... I like to think I am caring and sensitive ... but I'll let you into a little secret ... I'm not a man (Sam is short for Samantha  :rofl:  ;) )

I'm glad you are no longer blaming yourself for your boys disappearance ... your friend is right, it was an accident and no-one is to blame.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2008, 23:22:34 PM »
So sorry to hear that Harley is missing and you n3ever know , he may suddenly turn up like nothing has happened  :hug:

I am sure everyone here understands.

I love the other two epecialy the grey one  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: and love the videos especially the second one and they remind me so much of Misa and Sasa together , although Sasa would not tolerate that much licking  :rofl: :rofl:

• Senior Cat
  • Harper Boy
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2008, 23:09:41 PM »
Thanks Linda and Sam.

Sam, I think I also had the hardest time dealing with my guilt.  I had blamed myself for Harley getting out and just beat myself up over it so much.  I always make sure my cats are inside before dark.  At the time when this happened, my cats would only go out into my garden as I have a fairly large garden and plenty of things to explore.  I always would keep the cat flap open during the daylight hours so the cats could come and go as they pleased.  Well one night after bringing all the pets back inside the house I apparently did not lock the cat flap all the way and that night as I slept, Harley slipped out and I never saw him again.   He was only 9 months old and I had noticed he was jumping up onto the fence sometimes and a few times he did jump into my next door neighbors garden but I immediately went and got him.   I could see Harley was more of an explorer than his brother kitty Hunter.  Harley and Hunter are my first cats to own so I do blame myself for not being more of aware of a cats nature to want to roam.

Anyway, I have now finally come to grips with what happened as being an accident.  My best friend said to me one day, " just how long are you going to keep beating yourself up?  It is in a cats nature to want to roam and it was Harley desire to do exactly that.  He wanted out and he found a way.  It is sad that he has not returned but you did nothing wrong.  It was an accident and you need to leave it at that!" 

My friend was right, and I had to stop my pity party and stop crying the buckets of tears and get on with life.  I was very much like you Sam, that once Harley was gone I had a very hard time and people just don't understand do they.  When I adopted Harley and Hunter as baby kittens at 12 weeks old they became so sick within two days with URI and then severe ringworm.  They both were so sick.  I almost lost Harley then.  I cradled these two sick kittens in my arms and had what seemed like endless medications and trips to the vets.  It took two full months of oral medications and creams to get these kittens well and healthy.  I bonded with them just caring so lovely and Harley is forever in my heart.  Once they were healthy and acting like kitten should act, I took them to get their jabs and then Hunter had a very adverse reaction and I came close to loosing him!

I'm retired so I am home all day with my animals and keep a very close eye on them and ever since this happened I even take 'role call' through out the day now as well just to make sure I've got a complete head count.  If one does not come when I call I immediately begin a search.  So far the farthest distance has been just right next door.  As you can see I have been through a lot with my cats and I know I have been a very good cat owner so I no longer blame myself.  When I went to the rescue shelter to adopt my 3rd kitty Haney so that Hunter would not be alone, well, it was very hard for me to walk in there and tell the folks there that I had lost Harley.  I was so afraid that they would refuse to let me adopt another kitty but they were very understanding and that alone made me come to terms with what happened. 

I just love my new Haney and he warms my heart just knowing I gave him a home.  He had been at that shelter for over 1/2 his life just living in a cage.

Over here in America it is an old belief that a black cat will bring bad luck so it is very hard for shelters to get black cats adopted out.  Haney had been there since October of last year!  Isn't that a shame! 

Haney brings me much joy and I love him VERY MUCH!

Sam, thanks for listening.  You sound like a very sensitive, kind and gentle man!  :thanks: 

Sorry this is so long, but it just feels good to let it out to someone who knows how I feel! :hug:

Here's a new picture of Haney I took yesterday out in my garden.  He is guarding my tomato plant! lol  Pick one if you dare! :rofl:

« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 23:10:50 PM by HunterHarleyMum »

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2008, 21:53:40 PM »
I TOTALLY understand how you are feeling ... when I lost my boy Zephyr I was beyond consoling .... I was literally unable to go to work for for the few days and even though I have never experienced the death of a close relative (mother or father) that is the sort of sorrow/pain/grief I would expect, if you understand me.

I wouldn't worry what your neighbours think ... I'm sure if it was one of their loved ones they'd be doing the same thing ... just ignore them.  Are there any animal communicators that you could contact I'm sure they are cheaper than the search and rescue dogs and they have been know to be very good. 

Offline Linda D

• Adult Cat
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2008, 20:46:11 PM »
Crikey!  Even the dogs in the US are snappy dressers.  Cute grandson too, by the way.

I'm so sorry that you haven't found Harley but take heart from the stories of people who have been reunited with their lost pets, sometimes after a vary long time, so don't give up hope yet.

• Senior Cat
  • Harper Boy
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2008, 17:08:00 PM »
Hi Sam!  Thanks for the link. Very interesting!   I would have to say that I yes, in my own way, I have done that.  Not exactly the way on the link but I certainly have prayed and willed with all my might and heart for my missing Harley to return to me.  I don't know if you have ever had a pet go missing but it is so heartbreaking.  I have cried buckets and buckets of tears.  I know all my neighbors must think I'm nuts because I still go out very late at night walking the neighborhood with a flashlight in search of my Harley.  I had read that even though you may not 'see' your cat lurking around some where, that it is important to continue to walk around the neighborhood to distribute my own scent in the air so Harley may pick up on that and follow it back home. 

If I never see my sweet boy Harley again here on earth, then I do find some peace at heart knowing I've done everything I can think of humanly possible to find him.

Even enlisted the help of my 3 year old grandson to hand out fliers on my entire block!

Thanks again Sam!

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2008, 17:56:57 PM »
 :'( :'( :'( OMG I am so sorry to hear about Harley .. but you are right to remain positive that he will either come back home or has been adopted by a another loving family ... I trully hope and pray it is the former   :hug:

Haney is gorgeous and it's great to see him and Hunter getting on so well ... I'm sure when Harely comes home the 3 of them will be great friends.  Have you tried the visualization techniques http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,14171.0.html  as they say ... nothing ventured, nothing gained.

• Senior Cat
  • Harper Boy
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2008, 17:47:04 PM »
Well I have not been on here in a while, so it's time for an update.  I have some devastating news to tell.  On April 22, 2008 my precious cat Harley got out of my house.  I searched and searched for him night and day.  I would walk the neighborhood late at night and early mornings taking a flashlight with me to shine under cars and bushes.  I made up 125 fliers and knocked on every neighbors door and handed the flier to them so I could speak to as many people as possible.  If they were not home I left them one attached to their front door.  I even took my 3 year old grandson out door knocking with a second flier a week later.  I also put up huge posters all over my immediate area.  I have searched all the shelters and I put weekly ads on Craig's List under Lost & Found and still continue to do this to this day.  I notified the vets and shelters in my area to be on the lookout as well as the 'Home Again' micro chip people since my precious kitty is micro chipped.  Harley was wearing a collar with ID tags so I still hold on to hope that one day he will be returned to me.  When it first happened I contacted a lady who has a service of search and rescue dogs that she claimed could track Harley's scent.  I thought great it is worth the try!  Problem was that the lady was not available until a week later as she was out of town doing another search and rescue.  When she got back in town she contacted me and we discussed price.  I was shocked!  The price she wanted was $800.00 for the first hour and $100.00 for the remaining hours based on recovery in the first day. After that is was $1000.00 per day flat.  There was no way I could afford that and I was appalled at that outrageous price of hers!  Talk about taking advantage of people in crisis who are searching for their lost loved pets!  And especially after a full week has gone by, I told her what are the odds of finding him.  Her response was that it was possible he had been attacked by a coyote and if he had a collar on the coyote would not have eaten the collar and she would recover that.  She said then at least you will know what happened to your cat.

WHAT!  Are you nuts!  I would rather NOT know that my cat was eaten by a wild animal.  I would rather believe he has found another loving home!  To have lost my Harley kitty has been absolutely heartbreaking and I have cried buckets of tears.  I still pray and hope that one day someone will find him and take him to be scanned for his micro chip and he will be returned to me!  That's what I hold on to, is my hope that my baby comes home.

On the good side...my other kitty Hunter was so lonely and sad after Harley disappeared that after a month  I decided to go back to the rescue center that I first adopted my cats from and get another companion kitty for Hunter.  I did post some news about him earlier but I was so a shame and riddled with guilt of losing my other cat Harley that I just have not posted.

My I please introduce to you our new family addition....HANEY!  His story is sad but I think he is purrrrfect!  I won't go in to his story now since this posting is so long already but just know that when Haney first got here he was very aggressive and would bite and scratch me to bits!  I adopted him on 5-26-08 and now some 7 weeks later he has become the sweetest kitty and will now even let me brush him without protesting....if I don't do it for more than a minute or so.  lol

Haney is the black kitty and Hunter is the gray.

« Last Edit: July 05, 2008, 17:47:58 PM by HunterHarleyMum »

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
Re: Hunter & Harley~Meow
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2008, 23:30:30 PM »
Great pics!  :Luv2:

Last night I found a spider in my bed and I'm not one to point fingers, but....I did blame the two silly kittens for putting it there! lol :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Boys and their pranks eh?!!!!  :evillaugh:

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2008, 21:06:45 PM »
a very real possibility  :evillaugh:

• Senior Cat
  • Harper Boy
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2008, 20:26:04 PM »
I was afraid you would say that!  LOL  I do have to laugh at myself though, because now when I see the cats running so fast back into the house, it makes me jump because I wonder what little prize are they bringing inside now!  I always go running after them to see what they caught so I can toss it back outside!  Do you think my cats are "training" me? :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2008, 19:10:30 PM »
I am afraid that is a life-long habit. Mine bring me 'presents' on a regular basis. In Esther's case, this runs to live prey, autumn leaves, a bit of bacon rind ... basically anything she finds out there. Smidgen limits himself to live prey ...

Link to CatChat