Author Topic: To put some sad minds at rest  (Read 7515 times)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: To put some sad minds at rest
« Reply #56 on: October 22, 2008, 18:01:03 PM »
reading some of the posts in this thread made me wonder if I (as a Newbie) were really welcome.

I too read MM's comment as meaning a newbie would have no axe to grind.

That is what i meant, sorry Moira  :hug:
Its well known certain members have stirred things before with a lot of upset, new members would have no reason to spreads rumours through PMs about Teresas husbandry, trying to put mud on things.  >:(
Its gone rather pearshaped now anyway so i hope they feel like a big idiot  :rofl:

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #55 on: October 21, 2008, 23:29:35 PM »
ah! brilliant - been trying to work that out for ages  :doh: I did wonder whether they were called Tittle and Tattle  :-[
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Jasmine

• Hero Cat
« Reply #54 on: October 21, 2008, 22:52:19 PM »
Me too

And what exactly has my cat got to do with all this... they'll be saying he's the father of the kittens next!
 :rofl:

eh?  :-:

'Metoo' is my cat's name. :)
He's featured on the Purrs calendar.
A bit like the late Colonel Beau (but without the ears!)

Offline Linda (Bengalbabe)

• Hero Cat
  • Gayzette Minerva
« Reply #53 on: October 21, 2008, 22:12:53 PM »
Sorry to hear this T, I dont post here as often as i'd like now but you are an absolute star and a role model to all.  You have my full support as always x

Offline carl (billy and baggys dad)

• Distinguished Cat
  • King Bilbo & Mr Baggins' dad and loyal servant
« Reply #52 on: October 21, 2008, 21:59:03 PM »
Have a look at my Bilbo and Baggins thread - them pics are testament to the care at Paws Inn.

From out of nowhere you came strong as stone
And now I'll never have to be alone
What it is I know
You have always been my safe home

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #51 on: October 21, 2008, 21:56:11 PM »
What have I missed?? I cant believe anyone is silly enough to question the level of care given at Paws Inn or Teresas motives! >:(

Offline Corporal Smokey

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • Amy, Cpl. Smokey and Lord Chester Red Bear <3
« Reply #50 on: October 21, 2008, 18:42:54 PM »
IMHO the pming is one this but the tittle-tattly "Others think the same thing" is like being back at primary school!

I hope this thread leads people to the other and therefore to the support of Ron's great cause!
Ashfield and Amber Valley Cats Protection and Cat Chat

http://www.catchat.org/ashfield/cgibin/prtoc.cgi
http://www.ashfieldcats.org.uk
http://www.catchat.org/topcats

True love is rescued. Miss you always Josh and Hope xx

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #49 on: October 21, 2008, 18:38:16 PM »
With respect and an understanding of why the thread was started, isn't it just as bad as the gossiping off the forum?

I have to say I agree with T here. If someone was libelling me I would want to know about it thanks, not have them whispering behind my back. T knows the people involved. We don't. However we do know how we feel about the behaviour T has described and I think it is very healthy for us to express our contempt for that sort of behaviour in a way that allows the person responsible to know our views, without it turning into a personalised witch-hunt (which was what the PMs were doing). So, I support T bringing this to our attention and also the healthy nature of the discussion. I do, however, have some reservations about those who have reached conclusions about who may or may not be responsible, as that sort of speculation is inappropriate.

Offline J (Indoorcatsuk)

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #48 on: October 21, 2008, 16:34:10 PM »
Whoever did it must feel a bit of a ninny really.
Like other posters have said, I don't know how anyone who has posted here for any time could think that Teresa could be capable of irresponsible behaviour.
Maybe whoever it was was having a very off day, the internet can be a strange and curious creature and sometimes people get the wrong idea and take things too literally, even when it is obvious to others that it is a joke.

I can understand why Teresa felt the need to start this thread, I think it is better to have these things out in the open without any need to name the person it clears things up quickly, and clears any worries that others may have thought the same, as was the implication in whatever PMs flew about.
A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere. Groucho Marx.

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #47 on: October 21, 2008, 13:12:11 PM »
With respect and an understanding of why the thread was started, isn't it just as bad as the gossiping off the forum?

I prefer to call it being open, honest and above board. :)

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2008, 10:39:35 AM »

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2008, 10:22:52 AM »
reading some of the posts in this thread made me wonder if I (as a Newbie) were really welcome.

I too read MM's comment as meaning a newbie would have no axe to grind.

Of course you are welcome, Moira,  :hug: as are all newbies: that's how our community thrives.  As with any relationships, people refer back to shared experiences but you'll very quickly find people who share your interests, sense of humour, outlook...  ;D

I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2008, 10:05:08 AM »
S'alright Teresa - most of us knew it was Tinkerbelle. ;) Actually, I had to read the prank thread twice - but I was half asleep when I read it.

Helen, keep it up! You should be a tabloid journalist.  :evillaugh:
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 10:10:42 AM by JackSpratt »

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2008, 09:33:44 AM »
I think its very sad this has happened and there was behind the scenes bitching.

I'm not on Purs oftern but even I know Minimopsical story!

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2008, 09:12:05 AM »
Ela I do not think it would be beneficial to the Purrs community to name the person involved but I will admit to sending a copy of said pm to a moderator.

Please don't think I was for one minute suggesting they were named. I personally don't  believe in name and shame and never have. I feel there are better ways of sorting out a problem. Then often  that person can go on and be a valued member. Of course for all I know they may already be one.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2008, 09:04:35 AM »
Me too

And what exactly has my cat got to do with all this... they'll be saying he's the father of the kittens next!

eh?  :-:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2008, 09:04:34 AM »
I can't believe anyone would have the cheek to question T and her methods - bet they don't get up at 5am to clean litter trays  :hug: to you T

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2008, 09:02:56 AM »
As someone who definitely feels like a 'newbie' on here I would like to say that I think that having gossip flying about in PMs is very destructive and it is good that members are so vigilant.

However.....

A newbie wouldn't care would they?!

Wow.

When I first joined this forum I posted was welcomed (which was very nice), then gave up for a bit. It was too hard to 'get into' the posts, which were full of in-jokes and 'of course we all know' references. Then I met someone face-to-face who said that this was, really, the most active cat forum so I gave it another go.

I think it is very reasonable to expect newcomers (or anyone!) to not gossip or stir. However, reading some of the posts in this thread made me wonder if I (as a Newbie) were really welcome.

You are most certainly welcome and a very valuable member of this community, this forum is like an extended family and we are all here to support one another in times of sadness and of course smile together during good times.

The pm was not from a Newbie but someone who has been around a long time and really should have known better, whilst PM is the way to go if you have a grievance in this case it was mentioned that other people thought similar so the quickest way of making sure that people knew I hadn`t done something both stupid and dangerous was to post publically.

Sending you a  :hug: Moiramassey

Ela I do not think it would be beneficial to the Purrs community to name the person involved but I will admit to sending a copy of said pm to a moderator.

Offline Jasmine

• Hero Cat
« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2008, 08:54:44 AM »
Me too

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2008, 08:50:26 AM »
However, reading some of the posts in this thread made me wonder if I (as a Newbie) were really welcome.

Of course new blood is always welcome. I would also think that in reality it could have been any member who  jumped to the wrong conclusion. Of course Teresa will  possibly know and she is will not tell.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2008, 08:45:47 AM »
T you shouldn't feel the need to justify yourself

I would agree, although I actually have not seen the topic concerned. Sadly there are always going to be people who are quick to assume and criticize without knowing the full facts. But as long as you know the truth  it should  not be a problem although I know it hurts. Off course when you know the truth you do always want to justify so I do understand the reason for your post.

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2008, 08:43:00 AM »
Moira, it's natural to feel that way, however, new and recently new members are always welcome to join in. It's a two way street so if a newer member doesn't understand or get the reference, there is never any harm in asking for an explanation.

There will be inferences of friendship that newer members will feel excluded from (initially). However, that doesn't last long (at least I hope not) as newer members are soon part of the furniture like the rest of the reprobates on here  ;)  :evillaugh:

I think MM's comment was meant to say that newer members would have no motivation to stir.

Helen: if you won 100K, then I want some pls. I mean.. seriously, how can you not share? :naughty:

Offline moiramassey

• Adult Cat
  • Moira's Mitzi
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2008, 07:58:49 AM »
As someone who definitely feels like a 'newbie' on here I would like to say that I think that having gossip flying about in PMs is very destructive and it is good that members are so vigilant.

However.....

A newbie wouldn't care would they?!

Wow.

When I first joined this forum I posted was welcomed (which was very nice), then gave up for a bit. It was too hard to 'get into' the posts, which were full of in-jokes and 'of course we all know' references. Then I met someone face-to-face who said that this was, really, the most active cat forum so I gave it another go.

I think it is very reasonable to expect newcomers (or anyone!) to not gossip or stir. However, reading some of the posts in this thread made me wonder if I (as a Newbie) were really welcome.

Blacken, Mini, Flynn and Mitzi
"One cat just leads to another" Ernest Hemingway

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2008, 01:12:48 AM »
Only just come on today ...it says yesterday  :rofl:......and seen this thread.

Very sad story.  Helens posts are now infamous  ;D

I dread tto think what she will come up for the auction  :rofl: :rofl:

have to say Tinkerbell is so like Minimopsical its incredible and the two kittens gorgeous  ;D

Offline AliCat

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Tachi and Akamaru.
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2008, 00:37:05 AM »
I hate to confess, but I had to read it twice before I realised that Minimopsical didn't actually give birth... I really need to start dying my hair blonde.  :rofl:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2008, 22:05:05 PM »
Now that's just ridiculous Teresa, like they'd both be stuck at the same time  :innocent:  *shakes head icon goes here*

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2008, 21:52:08 PM »
Helen The question is
If Lukey really was stuck up a 40ft tree and Riley was stuck down a rabbit hole,where would you put the £100k while you decided which boy to rescue first?  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2008, 21:46:38 PM »
Helen you are incorrigible  :rofl:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2008, 21:38:54 PM »
I would just like to praise Helen for all the effort she puts in to promoting Purrs fundraisers, I certainly enjoy all her sensational stories and more to the point thanks to Helens stories Ron will be able to help more little ones,

Stories?  Well I know the Minimopsical story was a hoax but Riley was stuck up a 40ft tree, Lu was stuck down a rabbit hole and I did win 100k  :-:

so please

Order your Purrs calendar,superbly produced by Tan,including members beautiful felines to help Rons Lostcats Brighton.

Here's the linky  ;D

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,18912.msg320589.html#msg320589

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2008, 21:22:45 PM »
I would just like to praise Helen for all the effort she puts in to promoting Purrs fundraisers, I certainly enjoy all her sensational stories and more to the point thanks to Helens stories Ron will be able to help more little ones,

so please

Order your Purrs calendar,superbly produced by Tan,including members beautiful felines to help Rons Lostcats Brighton.[/size20]

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2008, 21:01:28 PM »
This isn't going to stop Helen posting all these very funny threads is it  :scared:

Teresa I'm so sorry you are the victim of a gossip  :hug:

lay me down, let me go, feeling heavy the ground is cold,
lay me down take it slow I'm ready to stumble, sing & then swing low
~Use your mutant powers, just talk people to death~

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2008, 20:54:34 PM »
I can't believe anyone is dim enough not to have known Helen's thread was obviously a joke.  Helen never ceases to amaze me on how she is able to keep coming up with some of the funniest, clever and eye catching JOKE threads I have ever read.

But I have never been under the illusion they are anything more than brilliant marketing campaigns.

It just goes to show real wordsmiths are able to use their "voices" for good and entertainment while the smaller minded minority only have the skills to be able to gossip and hide.  Such a shame  :(

T I'm sorryyou feel you need to justify yourself but I understand why you have done it. Gone on ya hun all I can say is just rise above it you know you have done nothing wrong and so do we  :hug:
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 20:57:14 PM by Sam (Fussy_Furball) »
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2008, 20:43:26 PM »

I greatly dislike 'tittle tattle', especially on forums where its done behind someones back and they dont get the chance to set the record straight :(

Me too

Offline Gwen

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2008, 20:37:38 PM »
It was obviously a joke and seriously some people need to lighten up >:(
Love me,love my animals.

Offline tigerbaby

• Super Cat
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2008, 20:35:04 PM »
I missed that thread but agree with what everyone has already said. I am now curious to find out who the gossiper is!!
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2008, 20:22:46 PM »
Sorry but this is just crazy  :Crazy:

I wish people would just speak their minds rather than tittle-tattle  :censored:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2008, 20:11:42 PM »
Given Helen's track record of ridiculous and witty attention-grabbing headlines I am amazed anyone would be gullible enough and nasty-minded enough to assume it was anything other than what it patently was - a means of drawing attention to a worthwhile fund-raising event ....

Err, thanks - I think  :evillaugh:  As I said the 'joke' thread actually contains a link to the thread which detailed the birth of Tinkerbelle's babies and the very same photographs.  It's beyond me how anybody made the assumptions they did given that fact.

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2008, 20:10:34 PM »
What a shame that something started with such good intentions has been mis-read and mis-interpretated.  I certainly have no doubts whatsover about the standards at Paws Inn regarding mixing cats.

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2008, 20:08:47 PM »
Teresa Hun you dont need to justify yourself.  xxx

The people gossiping obviously lead sad lives with nothing better to do and I wont apologise if this comment casues any offence because your gossiping (you know who you are) offends me!  Purely for the fact that 99.9% of people who come on here do so to visit a friendly community and importantly to help cats/kittens.  Teresa (along with many of the other rescues) do so much and should be praised not gossiped about.
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2008, 20:06:24 PM »
sadly there will always be small minded and malicious people who have little else to do but to gossip. Equally sadly, they rarely have the moral fibre to go to the source to verify their rumour-mongering but will happily relay it as fact. I have nothing but contempt for such people. >:(

Given Helen's track record of ridiculous and witty attention-grabbing headlines I am amazed anyone would be gullible enough and nasty-minded enough to assume it was anything other than what it patently was - a means of drawing attention to a worthwhile fund-raising event ....

Link to CatChat