In Loving Memory Cats > Rainbow Bridge - In Loving Memory

The passing of a good mate.

<< < (2/10) > >>

ddraigmor:
Hi all,

I live in Kidlington - just outside Oxford. :Crazy:

My big worry is the proximity of a road that is used as a damned rat run and race track about a garden's length away from the rear garden. Min NEVER went up to the road - as far as I knew - but would saunter to the end of the rear lane. The Queen that visits is also another 'rear area' cat and does all the gardens and tree liined over - the - fence gardens. There are a few cats here - but I have yet to see any on the road area. It is an absolute mystery why Min was there - unless he was scared or chased by one of the dogs on leads? :(

I would love an older moggie that wants to be a home cat - the odd ramble not too far away, OK with others and not too territorial - so will be choosing carefully. It gets the run of the house, meal and water, milk, lots of love and a warm bed. I'm shortly to be on my own again as my daughter has decided not to join the RAF but to wait to go to Uni next September. She is moving back home to her mums - at 19, she has been swayed by a very anti-military mum to go home back to lack-of-employment and prospect Tranmere in the hope of getting a Uni place next year (having turned down last year's to move here and try for aircrew in the RAF). I dunno.........but it will mean the house will be too big for me and a cat would make that a better option! :innocent:

Yes I have a partner but we see each other once a week having two seperate lives really - besides, she has horses. So a cat would definitely rule the roost this end!

Desley - any advice? I was going to try Stadhampton Animal Sanctuary in late Jan. I have a friend, Maggie, who is known to the Blue Cross and sometimes does animal rescue (she's a social worker and I know how she feels as we once kidnapped an alsatian in poor state to send to the sanctuary after taking it to the vets - three social workers jamed into a Fiesta with a very scared dog between us! ) Problem was, the owner went and got the dog back and as the case is not in my area I don't know what happened to the poor boy. I would have taken him straight away - but you know how it is........ :censored:

Anyway, ta for the support. Losing Min still hurts but you're right; the visiting Queen is a message. :Luv:

Jonty

Desley (booktigger):
I am sure you will be able to offer a wonderful home to an oldie - what area are you in???

Sam (Fussy_Furball):
Oh Jonty how wonderful that this little lady comes round to see you and that you are thinking the time may be right to find a new furry friend ... I am sure you willhave no trouble finding an oldie who wants nothing more than a lap to curl up on :)  Good luck in your search.

Telstar:
It's so good that you've been able to start thinking about maybe offering a home to a needy cat. Another mog will never take the place in your heart that will always belong to Minstrel; he or she will find a place all of their own.

I wouldn't have chosen to take on a kitten so soon after Bat disappearing, especially as I was still hoping at that time that she'd come home, but I really didn't have a choice! Little Loris has been such a huge comfort to me though, and it's been so heartwarming to see how he's responded to good food, warmth and tons of love and attention. Someone suggested to me that maybe he'd been sent by Bat, to take care of me when I was feeling so down. I'm not a very spiritual kinda person, but I feel myself coming round to that idea more and more. He just has one or two little mannerisms that are so like my lovely Bat......

I know how you felt about tending Minstel's grave. Over the hols I've taken myself down to Bat's resting place and have told her about how I miss her and wish she was still here and a few tears have been shed. She's buried next to one of our other beloved cats, and there's a little oak sapling planted there, so hopefully there'll be a memorial to them there that'll long outlive the likes of me!

You sound like such a smashing fella, Jonty, and no more odd than any of us other cat addicts! Any cat that finds a home with you is gonna be one lucky feline!

ddraigmor:
She was here again today and I think it wont be too long before I start serious looking..........probably an oldie that loves attention and has done its wandreing!

Jonty

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version