In Loving Memory Cats > Rainbow Bridge - In Loving Memory

The passing of a good mate.

(1/10) > >>

Desley (booktigger):
Aww, I am sorry there has been a setback jonty. Is there anyway you can catproof, or make a run, so they can still be safe? Or as Lisa says, adopt an indoor only?

Littlebobo:
Hi Jonty,

I have to say that i am the same as you..do you have room for an indoor only cat ...?

I dot let my boys/Yumi outside as the people drive like nutters and have already lost two 1 that i know was an RTA.

I do hope that you find a companion soon enough x

ddraigmor:
Hi all,

Been quiet for a while but have had reasons. :(

I was prepared to go look this month for a cat to bring home as I still miss Min. However, a few days ago I witnessed a tabby run out in front of the car in front of the car in front of me. Just a streak - brake lights slamming on - and no streak out the other side. I pulled over (stomach in knots) but the cat was already dead. The driver was pretty shook up but we managed to get the body to the side of the road. No collar, no ID. The driver said she would contact the local vet to see if anyone is missing a tabby - I hope she does.

Now I am really scared about getting another cat! I keep seeing Min and the way he was, and every time I hear brakes being hit hard I keep thinking.........I know it is silly but maybe there are too many cars on the road? maybe it is too busy here? Maybe.......maybe......   :(

Anyway, I have decided to wait and see how I feel in a while. I suppose I am just scared that another cat here will result in another loss - the road is a garden away and the cars do drive like lunatics as it is a rat run - though, for the life of me, I can't see why. You don't avoid lights, it is a built up area - which you would never think as there are no cameras here and cars go far, far faster than the 30mph limit. And as one who has only just been done for doing 34.5 MPH in a 30MPH zone at 3AM, albeit in leafy North Oxfordshire where most of the influential folk live (and not in poor old Kidlington where minor mortals reside) - that makes me so angry. £60 fine, 3 points...........all to pick my daughhter up froma city centre bus station at that time of the morning.......

Anyway........I'll keep you all posted as to how I get on but, at the moment, I am, just so worried about the 'what if?'

Jonty

Desley (booktigger):
I think it would be worth you contacting some of your local rescues to see what they think, you never know, they might have the perfect cat for you!! If you didn't have Queen visiting, I would have suggested cat proofing your garden, but that might not be fair on her, and I suspect you wouldn't want to stop her visiting.

Sam (Fussy_Furball):
Jonty,

Have you checked  out the CatChat adoption pages for your area .... http://www.catchat.org/adoption/oxford.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version