In Loving Memory Cats > Rainbow Bridge - In Loving Memory

The passing of a good mate.

<< < (10/10)

ddraigmor:
Today - Tuesday the 5th December 2006 - I lost a good mate.

Minstrel had been with me less than a year, having walked into my home after an advert on the works intranet about a 2 year old Black and White Moggy needing a home. I took him in because something told me to - and he became a proper fixture around the place. Cat Chatters on the 'other forum' know of his initial missing periods, his nuetering - and transformation to a vocal, home loving cat.

I registered him with Missing Pets Bureau, so he had a tag on. This morning, having just got to work and sat at my desk, I was called to say that he had been killed by a car just outside the house. The caller said that he had been laid at the side of the road, under a blanket - I said I'd go take him home. I left work straight away.

I'm 50.......I am an ex sailor and believe me, I am a tough guy. However, picking up his still warm body almost broke me, and taking him indoors, laying him down to see what he looked like was really tough too. I ony hope it was quick...... I dug him a grave in the garden, just under the tree he used to lie under during the hot days and then I laid him out, ruffled his fur one last time, and buried him. I lit a candle, which burned over his grave because he will need a light to take him across the bridge, wont he?

So here's to a good mate. We sometimes never saw eye to eye, you were sometimes a pest. Yet you always let me know when you were around and your mewling, croaky alarm calls are going to be so missed! I'll also miss you curling up n my lap and using me to sleep on.........I'll really miss you, mate. Really.

Play on across the bridge Minbo - you were a part of my life that came unexpectedly and now you've eft the same way. God speed, mate. Sleep well.........

Jonty

[attachment deleted by admin]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version