Cat Health & Behaviour > Health & Behaviour General

the great outdoors!

<< < (3/3)

Christina:
Hello everyone,
                     I have a three month old female kitten, and im not really sure how to go about letting her outside. We also have an 8 yr old boy since he was a kitten, but there was never really a problem letting him out as he was always a big independant boy.
Our girl though is still so tiny, she only looks 8 weeks old, and shes not really independant, shes quite clingy. Ive taken her out in the garden afew times on a cat harness, and at first she was terrified and ran back in, but last time she had a good little explore rounf the garden. I want to let her out proply (i.e not on a lead) but im scard that she will run off and get lost, as she could easily fit under the fences as shes so little. She doesnt seam very wise either, wheras my other cat was always wise and aware.
Does anyone have any ides about the best way to go about letting her out?  do you just go for it and let her in the garden on her own, or if she goes under the fence do you wait and expect here  to come back?
Its all a bit worrying really! Any advice would be greatly appreciated. How has everyone else gone about letting their babys outdoors?
Thanks guys,
                    Christina.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version