Cat Health & Behaviour > Health & Behaviour General

the great outdoors!

(1/3) > >>

Christina:
Hey guys,
               By the sound of it everyone is pretty much unanimous on this one -  i should keep her in till she is at least six months and spayed. The cat harness is great really, as it allows me to take her out and get some fresh air whilst being in complete controll of her.
It would be quite difficult for me to cat proof the garden, as its got two gates and three fences, with lots of gaps etc. Im now thinking about building a little cat run outside for her.
Its so different for her compared to my big boy, and i agree with all of you that the world is a pretty dangerous place for a little one like her. Youve just confirmed what ive been thinking really, i just wanted to know i was doing the right thing.
Like i said before, my boy is able to look after himself and is very aware of his surroundings. He can certainly stick up for himself!
Dont worry, i wont be letting her out to roam unsupervised!
Thank you for all your advice.

Desley (booktigger):
I really can't believe some vets!!! You can let them out supervised after their jabs, but I wouldn't recommend it for a female, they can be incredibly quick when they want something, and unless you have a very secure garden, a male could come in while you are there.

Ela:

--- Quote ---If i saw a 12 week old out, i would remove it and then make enquiries
--- End quote ---

If I had a £1 for everyone who thinks the same as you I would be very rich. It is such a worry when you see little ones out isn't it? I appreciate this little one was only taken in the garden but many are just left to roam.

Team Svartalfheims:
As others have said PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE keep her inside until she's been spayed. Would it be possible for you to have a cat run or cat proof your garden so the ctas could get fresh air but still be safe?

Susanne (urbantigers):
I agree that it would be a good idea to keep her in until after she's been spayed, esp as it gets dark so early now.  By the time she's 6 months spring will be almost here and the evenings will be lighter which will be safer for her as she gets used to the outdoors.  If you let her out now there's always a risk that she will go into heat early and get pregnant before you get her spayed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version