Cat Health & Behaviour > Health & Behaviour General

Possible flu..any advice?

<< < (4/4)

Ela:
I would have a word with your local Cats Protection I know in a case like this our branch would take on the vet bills and be happy if you could keep the cat or at least care for it until we could take it in.

Michelle (furbabystar):
Hi ya,

I think if he is no better it might be time to have some swabs sent off.
What exactly did they want to do for £190 ? That sounds alot of money

I cant see that Thyroid would give flu like symptoms.

Let us know how you get on tomorrow night

LB:
Hi

You may have seen from my post in the Rescue and Rehoming section, that I've taken in a stray cat that is sneezing terrribly.  I am taking him for his third visit to the vet tomorrow night, and wondered if anyone could suggest some questions I should be asking the vet or anything I need to take into consideration.

On his first visit the vet thought he simply had a upper respiratory tract infection and prescribed 1 week of Synulox.  When this made no improvement I took him back and saw a different vet.  This vet mentioned the possibility of flu, a thyroid problem and possibily worse.  I didn't have the money or all the tests at the time (£190) so the vet suggested trying a longer course of antibiotics, and sent me away with a 3 week supply of Baytril.  This course ended at the weekend and he's no better.  He still has sneezing fits and snorts.  He seems fine in himself and is slowly gaining weight, as he was really skinny when I found him.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks   :Luv:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version