Cat Health & Behaviour > Health & Behaviour General

Possible flu..any advice?

(1/4) > >>

Em:
 :yayyy: :yayyy: :yayyy:

Fantastic news - and a good excuse to use the dancing banana!!! :evillaugh:

LB:
Hi guys

Have put an update of how vets went on the rehoming post, but incase you've not seen it, its all worked out good in the end.  The tests for FeLV and FIV came back negative, and his thyroid levels were normal.  He does seem to have a kidney problem though, and I have some tablets to give him daily.  I've also, thanks to the help of my mum, managed to find Pud a permanent home, from Wednesday.  Its a shame for me, because I'll miss him, but I'm glad he'll be able to get settled somewhere.

And yes, it is Pud as in, Puddy Tat!

LB  :Luv:

Em:
If you think that's cute, you should see him when he's been in a flower - he's black so the pollen shows up beautifully in his fur, and he just sits there sneezing... soo funny.... :rofl: I sometimes have a bath with Eucalyptus or Olbas oil or similar and sit him next to it just to clear his schnozz

Seriously, let us know how it goes with Pud, LB

Beccles:
 :Luv: Em that mental image you've just provided of Seb purring at his rats will keep me smiling all afternoon now...

I hope Pud (as in puddytat I suppose?) is feeling better very very soon.

Em:
How's Pud doing? It could be an allergy - my boy Seth is allergic to rats, or something to do with rats, he used to sit by the cage and purr lots because he loves them, but then he'd sneeze and sneeze and sneeze - it got a bit better when I changed the bedding to shredded paper instead of sawdust. He also has a mild dust allergy and suffers from hayfever (especially when he's stuck his entire face in a flower and covered it in pollen). It would explain how he can be sneezing but still eating and putting on weight...

Just a suggestion, but if you have a bath you could try putting him on a chair next to it while you're in it, the steam might help soothe his sinuses etc.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version