Author Topic: Urgent help needed for Irish Cat Sanctuary!  (Read 3570 times)

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
Re: Urgent help needed for Irish Cat Sanctuary!
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2007, 21:28:43 PM »
Just a thought ... does Janice have a page on catchat http://www.catchat.org/adoption/index.html it may help them to find homes for some of their residents and will give them a higher profile.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline claws n purrs

• Adult Cat
  • Ronnie, Freya, Olly and Mickey!
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2007, 21:07:02 PM »
Hi All,
Janice at Whiskers New Park asked me to post this on the forum:

"I would like to say a really big thank you to all those who donated to our sanctuary.
We have never been in so much need of help before and with the donations that came in we managed to keep our heads above water.
It is always a constant struggle to survive here and it gives me such a boost to find that I'm not alone and there are people out there who care.
Thank you so much.
Janice
"

:) Donations from this forum have paid for much needed food for the cats. If anyone would like to contribute further, please consider donating Hills dried cat food or wood pellet cat litter by visiting http://www.zooplus.ie and giving the sanctuary as the delivery address. Alternatively, you could send a donation via paypal or mail. Perhaps you have time to volunteer at the sanctuary? Please see the original message in this thread for more information.

A big thanks to all who've helped,
Dee  :Luv:
Life is life -  there is no difference between a cat or a man.  The idea of difference is a human conception for man's own advantage.  ~Sri Aurobindo

"I purr, therefore I am."

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2007, 22:22:54 PM »
I sent a donation few days after the appeal,i hope she has recieved it, and hope things are better now for her and the sanctuary :hug:

Offline claws n purrs

• Adult Cat
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2007, 09:38:45 AM »
 :thanks:
Thanks so much for your donations and messages of support. It means a lot to Janice as she feels a bit isolated in her predicament.
I'll suggest an appeal in the local press and other fundraising ideas from this forum.

I will keep you all informed of how things progress and also introduce myself properly in the introduction section!

Thanks again!  :)
Life is life -  there is no difference between a cat or a man.  The idea of difference is a human conception for man's own advantage.  ~Sri Aurobindo

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2007, 19:05:57 PM »
Donation sent today.  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline kelly-joy

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2007, 08:28:06 AM »
Oh my gosh I hope they get the cash they so badly need and the help real soon as it is so horriable when a rescue has to close.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2007, 23:23:47 PM »
Janice and her cats look like they need a quick cash injection. Please keep us informed. The christmas auction may be too late. A food & litter delivery would be a big help but also vet bills are probably mounting.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2007, 21:54:00 PM »
Hi  :welcome: to Purrs.  

What wonderful people Janice and her husband are.  Purrs is here to help Cat rescues with funding and support  so we will do all we can to help them. We are just under a year old but have raised over £5000 for various cat rescues so far and are growing all the time and our goal is to help as much as we can.  :Luv:

I will contact Janice.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2007, 21:53:36 PM »
Oh, have you all done a press release for the local and regional papers?

:welcome: and I am sorry it is in such circumstances
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2007, 21:42:55 PM »
Welcome to Purr and do stick around!  :wow: :welcome:

There are lots of helpful folks here and you are not alone anymore.  ;)

Offline claws n purrs

• Adult Cat
Urgent help needed for Irish Cat Sanctuary!
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2007, 21:06:21 PM »
Whiskers New Park is an established cat sanctuary in County Galway, Ireland. It has been run for 14 years by the founder of the sanctuary, Janice Simcox, and her husband. At the moment there are over 50 cats there which are cared for single-handedly by Mrs. Simcox!

These cats have previously been abused, Involved in road accidents or just dumped on the doorstep. Some have been cared for at the sanctuary for many years as suitable homes haven't been found. A few cats are seriously ill but she refuses to give up on them. She gives every bit of her energy into caring for these cats including frequent vet runs either to immunize the cats or to treat the sick ones as well as finding new homes with responsible owners.

Sadly after years of financial struggle, she has completely run out of money and is relying on her husband’s sick pay to help feed the cats. The phone has been cut off and the sanctuary bills are going unpaid. She is now relying on friends to bring the cat's food and litter.

If anyone lives near to Williamstown, County Galway in Ireland and wants to volunteer to help out, she would be overjoyed!
Or, if anyone wants to drop in some dried cat food, Whiskas sachets (for the sick cats and kittens) or wood pellet cat litter then that would help so much too.

The rescue centre is desperate for funds as it gets nothing in donations from the public.

There is a Paypal account for donations:
Please send Paypal payments to whiskersnewpark@eircom.net

Alternatively, you can send Cheques/Euros to:
(Please make cheques payable to “whiskers new park”)

Whiskers New Park,
Leatra,
Williamstown,
County Galway,
Ireland.

Contact details for this financial appeal:

Email: whiskersnewpark@eircom.net

Telephone: 00 353 (0)94 9643865 – Janice Simcox
Mobile:       00 353 (0)87 0549682 – Diane
Hopefully the rescue centre will soon be receiving incoming calls.

Thank you for caring  :Luv:

Link to CatChat