Author Topic: For rescue peeps - females  (Read 1936 times)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Re: For rescue peeps - females
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2007, 16:46:03 PM »
You could just say that you're not sure of the sex yet and would they like to come and meet the kittens.  After losing Tiggy I was adamant that I could never have another girl as I thought I could never love another girl the way I love her.  Went to see the boys and was told that Riley was a boy and  Lucas was a girl, despite me saying that I didn't want another girl I fell in love with 'her' straight away. As it happens 'she' was a he anyway but I still chose 'her'.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2007, 16:31:37 PM »
I think its because of spraying and smell. Some people think they smell fullstop not just because they are entire.
My boys dont spray but Lola loves it  :rofl:

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2007, 07:44:22 AM »
It coudl be cos they think males will spray - there are 2 female cats near me who are terrible for spraying, they have both come into my house and sprayed for no reason, her male has only sprayed when I had Tom - still in my house though!!
Please spay your cat

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2007, 21:25:11 PM »
Maybe they've heard about tom cats spraying, (not realising that females can also!)

Maybe they think a male will be more boisterous, (i have a female ladette here!)

I would actually ask them the reason why they are preferring (sp?) females (say its part of a study  :sneaky:)

Who know's  :Crazy:

Offline Corporal Smokey

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • Amy, Cpl. Smokey and Lord Chester Red Bear <3
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2007, 17:45:49 PM »
I wanted a female before I rehomed Smokey. I was very choosey and it had to be the right cat for temperament and stuff. Josh had lost his female friend of 11+ years so I thought he'd settle better with a female. When we met Smokey, there was something about him so we took him on a trial basis and they seem to get on ok. They tolerate each other and, although they have their spats, Josh's overall mood seems far better now he's not alone. I think you'd have to have a really good reason to rule a male out. Keep grilling!
Ashfield and Amber Valley Cats Protection and Cat Chat

http://www.catchat.org/ashfield/cgibin/prtoc.cgi
http://www.ashfieldcats.org.uk
http://www.catchat.org/topcats

True love is rescued. Miss you always Josh and Hope xx

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2007, 12:03:11 PM »
I've also found that people prefer male and females. Must be a regional blip, Desley.  :-:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2007, 11:31:42 AM »
Thats strange cos I thought that males were more popular cos they tend to be a bit more friendly when neutered. Very wise to grill peeps I think  ;D

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
For rescue peeps - females
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2007, 11:28:11 AM »
I have one female and 2 male kittens, and every call (admittedly only 3!!), have all wanted females, no one seems interested in the males. I think the females the rescue has have been more popular too - does everyone else find this, or it is just us who get them? I do sometimes worry about people wanting females only, in case they want them for the wrong reasons, so they tend to get grilled a bit!!
Please spay your cat

Link to CatChat