Author Topic: FOSTERING  (Read 9588 times)

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
Re: FOSTERING
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2007, 23:02:50 PM »
Ela, I know what you mean - Ive had them follow me in the past and then had to feel awful about chsing them off!!

Thanks for the info Claire, will do if I don't hear anything.  Mary   :Luv2:
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline claire30

• Adult Cat
  • sweetness itself... sally!
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2007, 21:06:50 PM »
Mary,
 if you dont get any joy from the rspca soon, why dont you drop Amy (corporal smokey) a line.... shes in touch with bursting rescue centres and shelters i think, maybe she could sort you out a foster case, or point you in the right direction,...

it really has helped me with Sally, i still think of her all the time but when i get upset, Ben's there....i think he knows...
++

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2007, 07:39:59 AM »
Loved Prague and where ever I go I have to stroke any animals I see.
   I never ever stroke cats when I see them anywhere, ( I always want to thought), I try not to make eye contact as I am paranoid that they will follow me.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2007, 07:23:07 AM »
Loved Prague and where ever I go I have to stroke any animals I see.  Unfortunately I didn't see 1 cat - I couldn't believe it.  However, I stroked a pony, a donkey amd 2 sheep at the Christmas Market and a guy was walking his goat in the main shopping street.  Also stroked 3 dogs.  Mary   :ahh:

Email from RSPCA said asap but I think they might be busy at mo with Christmas Fair on Sunday.  I'm taking some items for the stalls tomorrow so I'll ask again - can't wait.  My friend and her husband are going to his wors's do on Saturday so I'm sittign in her house with her cat!! That will make me happy.
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2007, 08:05:29 AM »
Glad you had a good hol, and fingers crossed for your first foster.
Please spay your cat

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2007, 23:48:54 PM »
Cheers Claire, I'm counting the minutes.  If I haven't heard anything by the weekend I wil be contacting them.  I'm looking after my friend's cat on Saturday night when her and her husband stay out over night at his Christmas party - if I don't have a foster cat by then I'm bringing her into my house.  She lives across the road and she is an indoor cat as she is almost deaf. Adorable like my 1st cat, Tibby.  She's called Molly.  Mary   :best:

Offline claire30

• Adult Cat
  • sweetness itself... sally!
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2007, 23:35:32 PM »
ahh glad you had a good time Mary

fingers crossed your smudge comes home from holidays soon too!

good luck with the fostering, i think, it really helps

Claire+

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2007, 21:08:29 PM »
Cheers Sam.

Had a fantastic time in Prague but cried when my Smudge wasn't there to welcome me home.  Can't wait for my phone call from RSPCA to foster my 1st puddy cat.  Camera will be at the ready and I'll let you all know how I'm getting on and if I have any probs I know I can ask all you experts at Purrs.

I couldn't find any cats to stroke in Prague but I did stroke a pony, 2 sheep, a donkey, a goat and 2 dogs!!!

Mary   :Bye:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2007, 19:08:22 PM »
Hi Mary,

Glad you had a nice time in Prague (I got your email ;) )

So have you heard when you will be getting your first foster ... fingers crossed it won't be long and hope it all goes well.

Sending lots of positive vibes that Smudge will also come back home soon xxx

Sam <^..^>
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2007, 12:50:11 PM »
Thanks for all the best wishes for Prague.  Can't wait to go BUT can't wait to get back to be a foster mum.

Mary   :ahh:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2007, 08:01:05 AM »
HAve a great time, and can't wait to hear more when you get back.
Please spay your cat

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2007, 01:32:56 AM »
Have a great time in Prague , its my all time fav city. photos in the snow oh not I would love to see. ;D

What exiting times and when you come back you will be a fosterer and loads of peeps here to give advice  :hug:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2007, 00:50:29 AM »
Was off to bed, but..... found the section on rescue and rehoming and read about Marmalade - I want to spread her on my toast!!  She's a beauty.  Once I start my fostering I'll let you know how I'm going on in that section.

Nite Nite Mary   :thankyou:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2007, 00:09:41 AM »
Cheers Helen  :coolpics:

and as for you Mark....  I'll get you back!!  :boxer:

Mary  :best:

Off to bed now as I've got to pack tomorrow for my long weekend in Prague on Friday - weather report is snow and -2 so I'd best not forget my pyjamas and bed socks.  My mates and I will keep warm with the mulled wine at the Christmas Market!  :xmas 8:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2007, 23:31:50 PM »
Great news about the fostering  ;D

'Rescue and rehoming' is another section on Purrs, if you're on the main page you can see 'lost and found' where this post is - it's 5 up from lost and found  :)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2007, 23:28:38 PM »
Not laughing  :-:

We will wait until you have been here at least a week before we start teasing  :evillaugh:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2007, 23:24:10 PM »
Maybe I'm a bit thick but who/what is rescue and rehoming?  Is it part of Purrs website?  I'm new to Purrs  Sorry if I'm being thick!!  How many of you are laughing at me!!!  Mary   :help:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2007, 22:49:24 PM »
Wonderful news, pop into rescue and rehoming to let us know about your first foster, and if you need any tips or advice, there are a few fosterers/rescue people who look in there.
Please spay your cat

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2007, 16:08:54 PM »
 :yes: I'll let you all know.  I love taking photos of cats - they can get into some strange positions.  Unfortunatley lots of pics I have are not taken on a digital camera.  Showing my age now!!
Mary  :Bye:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2007, 16:06:02 PM »
that's good news, look forward to hearing how you get on!

Offline le chat noir

• Senior Cat
  • Whiskers now at the bridge & Phoebe currently AWOL
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2007, 15:59:22 PM »
Hi Mary, I'm so pleased to hear your news. I know how hard it is to think about letting another kitty into your life when your own one is missing. Please let us know when your new fur babe arrives and of course post some piccs.

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
FOSTERING
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2007, 15:36:13 PM »
Hi everyone, I'm so excited :yesss:.  Had a visit from the RSPCA yesterday and when I come back from my long weekend in Prague this Friday I will be fostering a cat. My Smudge has been missing since 4th September in Queensbury and after sharing my home and my bed with him for 13 years I need someone else in my life.  So I'm gonna share my love between as many cats as they can find me.  Mary  :catlove:

Link to CatChat