Author Topic: Howdy from another newbie!  (Read 2385 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: Howdy from another newbie!
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2007, 08:21:00 AM »
You are certainly in teh right place, and I am sure we will be able to help you with your assignments!! Leeloo is gorgeous.
Please spay your cat

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2007, 17:11:39 PM »
Hiya and  :welcome: to Purrs  ;D

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline jetcleo

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Buddy & Daisy
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2007, 15:48:08 PM »
 :welcome:
Always in my heart RIP Jet, Cleo, Poppy, Oscar & Sydney x

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2007, 07:06:46 AM »
 :morning:   Hi Callie - welcome to Purrs!  Your lovely Leeloo is gorgeous!  ;D

What a fascinating subject to be taking.  Mind, as the others have said - being on here really is addictive, but tremendous fun.  Enjoy finding your way about the site and discovering the things like the Gallery and the shop, and of course the Cats Basket. 

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2007, 23:44:38 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs  ;D

Oh yes you in the right place  and we can do we any extra imput we can get on behavior of cats................mind you the behavior of the slaves needs some attending too as well  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

LeeLoo is cute and I  like the 5th element  ;D

Offline CallieSkye

• Adult Cat
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2007, 23:40:18 PM »
I can imagine! (assignment procrastination that is!) My solace is that this is a cat forum and all my essays are cat related... so it's KINDA like studying. :) During unit 2 I had to complete a 24 hour observation of my cat and I've almost finished writing it up, however I haven't even started the other essay in the unit which is a contrast between pet and feral cats hunting. Hopefully I'll find a wealth of information around here and maybe even a few wise souls that I can quote! You guys will have to keep me on the ball! Remind me that if I ever want to become a practicing behaviourist I'm going to have to at least finish this course!  ;D

Stuart Bonus points for you!! *Grins* Leeloo is indeed a nod to the 5th Element, and while she may not be the 5th element... she sure gets treated like a supreme being around here!

oh and one more picture just because...  :Luv:

we call it her 'too tiny to reach the floor' picture

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2007, 22:12:22 PM »
Hi Callieskye and welcome. We like new folk around here - but be warned this site comes with a 'highly addictive' warning and will do terrible things to your assignment programme :evillaugh:

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: none :'(
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2007, 20:57:52 PM »
Hi Calliesky and  :welcome: to PURR'S  :)

LeeLoo is Lovely  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

BTW where did you get Her name from, I am thinking of LeeLoo from the Film The 5th Element ??
Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

Offline lucy

• Hero Cat
  • Xanthe
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2007, 20:41:16 PM »
Welcome! What a cutie Leeloo is.

I can confirm coursework issue - doing a BA teacher training thing & spend far too long here!  :rofl:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2007, 20:16:33 PM »
Hi Callie &  :welcome: to Purrs

Glad you've found us, it's a really friendly site full of friendly, helpful advice if needed and also a place where we can witter on about our cats to our hearts content (myself included  ;))

LeeLoo is gorgeous  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: As for pics in the middle of posts... well they are allowed absolutely everywhere  :evillaugh:

I do feel it my public duty to warn you that this place is seriously addictive  :Crazy:  Your coursework could be seriously affected  :evillaugh:

Offline CallieSkye

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2007, 18:59:44 PM »
You guys do seem to be super picture keen!! :) I wasn't positive if I was allowed to put pictures in the middle of a post  :scared: but I guess I'll go ahead and then if I wasn't supposed to, someone can tell me and I'll remove them!

This is baby Leeloo. She was just 7 weeks old.

And this is her now, playing in a cereal box while I was trying to study for finals!

I have tons more.. even more adorable pictures. I'll post them later. When I'm not actually supposed to be writing an essay!!  :innocent:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2007, 18:46:02 PM »
Hi and  :welcome: to Purrs,

You've deffo come to the right place if you want to rant about cats!  :rofl:

Looking forward to hearing more about Leeloo and hopefully seeing a pic of the little darling.

Sam, Foxy, Zephyr and Rossi xxx
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2007, 18:39:52 PM »
Hiya Hun A very warm welcome to Purrs  :welcome:

I loveeee Leeloo's name  ;D and ya know it complusory here to post up pics so we can drool  :drool; :coolpics:

I's finks your gonna love it ere cause we would love to to rant all ya like. Look forward to seeing Leeloo's pic and to hear more about her  ;D

Sounds like you're doing a fantastic course :) I would love to do one simular at some point. I have read all of Vicky Halls books and have learnt so much from them. It's brill to have a little insight into understanding behaviour :) :)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 18:42:14 PM by Tan »

Offline puddypaws

• Hero Cat
  • Mum to Sophie and Oscar
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2007, 18:32:37 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs Callieskye.  You have to rant on about your furbabes  :rules:  You'll have great fun and I'm sure your knowledge will be very much appreiated.

Offline CallieSkye

• Adult Cat
Howdy from another newbie!
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2007, 18:23:42 PM »
Hi everybody!! I thought I should come by and introduce myself. :)

I just graduated from Glasgow University with a degree in Animal Biology and am currently enrolled in Think Cat  from C.O.A.P.E and trying to deal with the amazing amount of essays required! I think I'm writing more essays for this one course than I did the entire time I was in university!

I've had cats all my life but now that I'm all grown up and married I finally have one that's all my own. Her name is Leeloo, she's a 3 year old Bengal cross and absolutely adorable (but then aren't they all!!)

I'm thrilled to find a place where I can rant with like minded folk about kitties and how totally amazing they are! *grins*

I'm an aspiring animal behaviourist and will try to lend a helping hand wherever possible!

<3 Callie

Link to CatChat