Author Topic: Taking my BOY back to the vet tomorrow for x-ray/RIP sweetheart  (Read 91255 times)

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
Re: Taking my BOY back to the vet tomorrow for x-ray
« Reply #65 on: November 24, 2007, 13:52:12 PM »
Oh pav, I'm once again only just catching up with this - the last time I looked Boy was fine and now all this has happened, I'm so sorry. Boy is your priority of course and I know thats all you want to think about at the moment -  but heads should eventually roll for this. I sounds like he's in good hands now. You might want to take an item of your clothing that you've been wearing, jumper or fleece or something, when you got to see Boy, so that he's got something familier to snuggle up to. Thats what I did with Gwyn and each time I went in she was snuggled up on my fleece.  :hug:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #64 on: November 24, 2007, 12:56:08 PM »
Thanks Gill, i will ask for RUTH advise , she is going to be at her sis tomorrow , and i may see her in the vet when she is droping Lexy for her operation.

I appreciate every one's opinion and advise on this matter, its amazing what a big different it makes , like right now i cant think straight but atleast i know my options .

OK i am going to shop now to get some food for BOY to take to him tomorrow and some treat for MR TRAMP,its so cold out side he can do with some  TLC and treats tonight. :Luv:    :thanks:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #63 on: November 24, 2007, 12:40:53 PM »
I think Boys health is most important at moment but once the strain of that is finished with then thoughts should turn to what next.

I am sure Ruth will advise you that you cannot rely on them not to make a mistake again and wonder, did they contact the other owner to tell them about the mistake, if that owner contacted them they did not contact you, or was it many owners all mixed up?

They must pay for such a serious mistake that may have cost one or more animals their future or immediate health. They should also reimburse you the costs as an attempt of reconciliation for their appalling error. They should be seriously concerned at the effect of a ruling against them by the Vetenary Controlling Body and the effect on their business.

You cannot rely on them not to do this again, I am afraid.

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #62 on: November 24, 2007, 12:40:01 PM »
b/c Thankyou so much i didnt know i have to put it in writing.

Caroline told me last night dont say anything till we get all BOY'S blood test results first, and she just said keep this tablets.

The sad thing is Boy not only was getting better but he was getting worse he didnt get 10 days of antibiotica which he was suppose to , instead he got 10 days of Norocarp!!!

I am so gratefull , it was realized before it was too late for him.

Thankyou.

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #61 on: November 24, 2007, 12:32:48 PM »
which I think is a point you should make in your opening salvo - doesn't matter who made the mistake, it happened and is costing you £££ as well as the anguish your cat went through. They need to know so they can put measures in place to reduce the risk of a repeat, but they also need to know it has cost you money. While you probably don't feel like taking it further at present, at least if you inform them in writing now, you are keeping your options open. It should not have happened and it could have killed your baby if you had not sought a second opinion, but it is your decision ...

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #60 on: November 24, 2007, 12:27:44 PM »
b/c i really dont know whats right to do?

I think atleast once they know about the mistake they have made , they will be more carefull .

I still dont know if it was the vet who put the wrong tablets with my name on label or what, i know the recieptionist went and checked something and started changing the label and i even told her its fine you dont have to print one and she said no we have to!

I am just so glad i took Claire advise and got second opinion, but then the same day another person must have collected BOY'S medicines, i just hope they realized it.

Now i also am paying for every thing twice , they charged me with blood test, xray and 3 teeth extractions about £600.00 And Caroline told me last night Boy's treatment will cost between £400.00 to £600.00 in surgery, of course i am going to pay i want him to get better, but i am paying for their mistake.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #59 on: November 24, 2007, 12:01:55 PM »
The vet should ensure there is no mix up, he has that responsibility, he has no excuse.

I am like you and dont know one medicine from the next  and have to rely on my vets advice and treatment and totally agree , how many others have been given the wrong treatment and their owners never known why their pet has not got better.

The one thing we have in common is this great place where we can ask questions and people will be honest and tell us.  :hug:

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #58 on: November 24, 2007, 12:00:03 PM »
If you are considering action, then you need to at least notify, in writing, the vet in question that the incident has occured and advise them you are 'taking advice' as to your options. There are time limits within which you need to take action and I would prefer to err on the side of caution ...

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #57 on: November 24, 2007, 11:53:09 AM »
Thankyou Gill, as you said priority is to get him better and hope there are no long term damage.

No animal deserve this, and as Dawn said how many more mistakes have been made and the poor owners dont know about it.

The thing is some one like me who doesnt know much about the medicine, trust their vetand the staff when they leave the cat or... therewith them, in this case i knew what synulox was thats why i questioned the nurse, but once i was told its fine then i truste them.

I feel really let down by them, and i will appreciate all the help and advise later on , once i know BOY is fine we can deal with this ,, but i know that the vet prescribed  synulox, the mixed up must have happened after!

We will know later.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #56 on: November 24, 2007, 11:34:42 AM »
Great news that Boys kidneys are OK and Caroline and her team sound wonderful. Visiting cats is the best thing for them and helps them to get better quicker. Concentate on Boy now and the rest can come later  :hug: :hug: :hug:

When you get to the next stage after Boy is back home again and feeling better, everyone on this site will be supporting you and we all have great interest in what happens because for a vet to put  a cat at risk like this is negligence, especially when you asked the right questions.

Al;so hopefully Caroline will not sit on the fence over this and will give you advice what to do next.

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #55 on: November 24, 2007, 11:34:21 AM »
Great stuff. Have everything crossed that Boy's recover is on the up now.  :hug:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #54 on: November 24, 2007, 11:32:49 AM »
Thanks thats great i will ask them if they can arrange for me to see him around that time? I will let you know.

Thankyou so much every one for your advise and help. :hug: :hug:

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #53 on: November 24, 2007, 11:21:47 AM »
I'm going to drop Lexy off at 12 Pav just before I go to yours and my sis's. So if you want we can meet there tomorrow so you have some company if you want. Up to you sweetie.

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #52 on: November 24, 2007, 11:16:28 AM »
When Jamie calls ask him about seeing Boy tomorrow or later today. I'm dropping Lexy off there tomorrow evening/late afternoon after lunch at my sister's. If it helps them we can go together? I'm just waiting for Caroline to confirm that they can take Lexy tomorrow night so will have a time from her today?

I'm pleased the cuddlebum is brigher today.  :hug:
« Last Edit: November 24, 2007, 11:17:05 AM by Kittybabe (Ruth) »

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2007, 11:09:25 AM »
Thanks . I spoke to caroline this morning, she said when she called the surgery the vet was visiting Boy but she was told he is bright this morning :) Which is good .

I sent a cab to old vet to collect his xray results and take it to the new one, i just didnt want to see the old vet today i am so upset i might say something i regret later >:(

Caroline suggested if i visit Boy tomorrow and i agreed so he can settle today, what do you think?

I have to make arrangement to see him i cant just walk in, they might be busy. The vet to day is the same one which sees Pippa, he is going to call me later to update me.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2007, 09:54:42 AM »
Aww, the poor baby. When everything is sorted, I would be making some very strong complaints, that is incredibly incompetent of them. I am glad his kidneys are fine, and they are probably keeping him to flush his system out to reduce any other effects. I have everything crossed for both of you.
Please spay your cat

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #49 on: November 24, 2007, 09:00:03 AM »
Just catching up. I'm relieved his kidneys are ok.

Told you Caroline was the best. Trust her honey, I'd never leave Lexy in anyone elses care. Boy is getting the best tratment he can get now. Once its all over I am sure that the RCVS will be interested to know about this.

Pavvy, Boy is the biggest cuddlebum alive. He'll be charming the nurses at the clinic. Even Lexy is relaxed with them. He'll be happy to be home but for now he's with people who really do care.

I'm going to tidy house now but I'll gladly drop that if you want some company at the vets ok?  :hug: to you sweetheart. Xx

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2007, 01:39:01 AM »
Yes, I agree with Caroline, get Boy right and then kick some  :censored: .  Honestly, I would go straight to the top, this could have serious consequences for Boy and if they've made an idiotic mistake like mixing up the tablets. what other mistakes have they made with peoples pets and no one has noticed  :mad2:  I'm not a vet but hopefully, the fact you had the sense to get a second opinion and Caroline was quick on the uptake, you may have caught it in time.  He will need the stuff flushing out of his system before he feels the benefit but fingers crossed no damage has been done apart from him having an upset tummy.  Sending him healing head rubs and purrs  :ahh:Well they must have given his tablets to some one else just changing the lable as they did for him,....

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2007, 01:30:15 AM »
That's good news about his kidneys anyway  :hug:  Caroline sounds as if she's on the ball and I think if anyone can get him right, it sounds as if she can. 

how was i to know they were not antibiotics, MY poor BOy he has never been away in last 8 years, he must be really confused now being in a different place. :'(

Listen hun, you gave him the tablets in good faith, you weren't to know........this is down to their incompetance, not your lack of care.  As Mark has said, he's in the best place and he sounds as if he's in the best hands  :hug:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2007, 01:25:26 AM »
Caroline called me and said the good news is his kidneys are ok, but not sure about ulsers, also he has high white cells . She is sending some blood to lab tomorrow but he has to stay to be monitored and she said things could develope later!

The reason she said she wants him to stay becoz they have to do aggressive treatment??!! Its late tonight and poor caroline was still there so the only thing i asked was if he is out of danger? And she said she cant say that yet. :(

I am going to go there tomorrow and speak to the vet in charge of him and then see what can be done for him?

I am so upset becoz i called the nurse the day i collected these tablets and i even read the name to her and she said hey are fine just different,

how was i to know they were not antibiotics, MY poor BOy he has never been away in last 8 years, he must be really confused now being in a different place. :'(

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2007, 01:10:46 AM »
Just caught up with this. Hope Boy is OK - I'm sure he is in good hands now. I think we have to question vets and not have blind faith. Hope he is on the mend now  :hug:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2007, 01:03:44 AM »
Have you had any news back Pav?  I've just reread the thread and realised he's been on these  :censored: tablets for a few days, I really hope he'll be alright  :hug:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2007, 00:55:09 AM »
Yes, I agree with Caroline, get Boy right and then kick some  :censored: .  Honestly, I would go straight to the top, this could have serious consequences for Boy and if they've made an idiotic mistake like mixing up the tablets. what other mistakes have they made with peoples pets and no one has noticed  :mad2:  I'm not a vet but hopefully, the fact you had the sense to get a second opinion and Caroline was quick on the uptake, you may have caught it in time.  He will need the stuff flushing out of his system before he feels the benefit but fingers crossed no damage has been done apart from him having an upset tummy.  Sending him healing head rubs and purrs  :ahh:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2007, 00:42:30 AM »
Stupid  :censored: idiots, I would complain about this, how can they be so stupid  :censored:  Norocarp is classed as a Generic Rimadyl and yes, it is for dogs.

I really hope he's going to be okay, I would definitely take this further and I would be furious  >:(  >:(
Thankyou Dawn, i went on line looking to see what it is they have given him, it is for dogs. These are the people i trusted. I am so worry now becoz of what caroline said if this has damaged his kidneys or....She said dont say anything till she gets all the new blood results first  and i still have 2 tablets  left (Extra one) , caroline said just keep them for now.My priority is to get BOY better and then i have to deal with this mater. I am so glad i showed her the tablets becoz in her notes was listed BOY was given Synulox!!!

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2007, 00:37:56 AM »
I have only just seen this and someone has been super incompetent and thank goodness you got a second opinion. I do hope that Boy is going to be OK and should there be any damage I think it will be time for further action but the main thing is for Boy to be OK first.

My thoughts are with you and boy tonight  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2007, 00:29:42 AM »
Stupid  :censored: idiots, I would complain about this, how can they be so stupid  :censored:  Norocarp is classed as a Generic Rimadyl and yes, it is for dogs.

I really hope he's going to be okay, I would definitely take this further and I would be furious  >:(  >:(

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2007, 00:04:27 AM »
Does any one know what Norocarp is? Is it really to treat the dogs?

Boy was given Norocarp 50mg ,for 10 days .

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2007, 00:00:25 AM »
I'll call you tomorrow. Boy is in great hands at the village honey. Try to get some sleep xx

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2007, 23:50:14 PM »
Hope everything went ok tonight.

Claire xx
Claire if it wasnt for you suggesting second opinion, i would have not find out that he was given the wrong tablets, i dont know how to thankyou and also Ruth , because Caroline doesnt visit our area and she did it because i mentioned you. Thankyou Claire and Ruth.

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2007, 23:47:03 PM »
Caroline , had to take BOY back to the surgery to put him under drip and do emergency blood test, the reason is while she was here looking at his notes which was send to her by my vet,i showed her the ANTIBIOTICS which was given to him after the blood test , thats the first visit on 6.Nov. and caroline said but this is not SYNULOX! I explain to her when i went to collect them the recieptionist went to talk to nurse got back changed the label and i paid ,went to work and when i checked them i called the nurse and told her the label says SYNulox but the tablets are different?! She said oh its just different type and i even said they are huge can i break them and she said ya,ya its fine >:(

Well BOY was given the WRONG medication, thats why caroline has to do a new blood test becoz the old test was done before him taking the tablets, apparently they are very strong antiflammetary ,she said its like nuorofin for dogs.....

I will know more after 12 tonight she is going to call me with the blood test to see if his kidneys hasbeen damaged, that was her main concern also ulcer. Thats all i know for now, but thankyou for wishing him well.

Offline ClaireR

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2007, 23:19:08 PM »
Hope everything went ok tonight.

Claire xx

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2007, 18:26:47 PM »
Fingers crossed for him.
Please spay your cat

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2007, 18:09:40 PM »
Good luck. You're in good hands sweety. Xx

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2007, 18:00:29 PM »
I spoke to Caroline, she is coming between 7.30&8 tonight , she has his results and she said some times after anaesthetic they get sick but i told her i am concern that now he is not drinking at all? and she said she like to give him some fluid and also she said she would like to do one more test. She said if she thinks is necessary then she will refer hm to the surgery in Belsize park.

Now i just have to wait till she gets here.

Offline ClaireR

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2007, 17:21:24 PM »
Hope you and Boy are ok.

Let us know when you hear back from Caroline.  I think you are in safe hands there.

Still thinking of you both.

Claire xx

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2007, 17:07:24 PM »
Sorry to hear he is not feeling well today and is being sick.  Hope it settles down :hug:

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2007, 15:03:40 PM »
What a silly woman to say that to you!  I'm glad Caroline responded. Even if you feel its urgent ask her if you should go to the clinic to get him seen. Based on symptoms Caroline is pretty good at being able to ask questions and identify if there is more urgency.

Keeping fingers crossed honey. xxx

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2007, 15:01:06 PM »
I spoke to Caroline, she is really busy today, she said to drive to me will take her more than one hour, she can visit himtomorrow or after hours tonight. Mean while she is getting my vet to send her all his results.

She said may be they missed something in the x-rays. What worries me is since i brought him back on wednesday he is not drinking water!

She is going to call me around 5 today, to let me know.

At 2.30 i called my vet back and told the recieptionist that some one will call for boy results, and she said but why didnt you say its urgent when you called?? I cant believe this , i told her Boy has been very sick and i like to speak to the vet and she said she is out for lunch,and i asked her to get her to call me assoon as she is back, two hours later i am still waiting and she says why didnt you say its urgent >:(.

Ruth thankyou so much for the number. :hug:, and thankyou every one for your kind wishes.

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2007, 14:10:58 PM »
Sending lots of love and best wishes for Boy - I hope he makes a swift recovery

A big  :hug: for you too
xxxxx
Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2007, 13:58:23 PM »
So sorry to hear that Boy is feeling poorly again - love and positive vibes on the way for him and a big hug for you. xxx  Thinking of you xxx
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Link to CatChat