Author Topic: Remember Baz? Really nice phonecall and We couldnt help Conker but we can Alex!  (Read 1284 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Aww, another nice update, wonderful to hear of these cats doing so well in their new homes.

Such a shame about Conker,but at least his space is going to help another needy puss.
Please spay your cat

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
What a wonderful update sharon, thankyou for passing it on. 

I do feel however his new mum is abit mean to not let us see photographic evidence of the "podge"  :sneaky:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
Ahh how lovely we all remember dear ole Basil .. so pleased he is happy in his home and is getting all the love and attention he so rightly deserves.

Such a shame about Conker but as Gill says I'm sure he will be happy that Alex is able to fill his empty place at the table  :Luv2:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Great news about Baz and I am sure Conker sent Alex to take his place as he couldnt use it  ;D

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
I remember Basil very well  :Luv: and am so pleased to hear that he has settled so well.

Also that his new human is asking her friends to donate to Canterbury CP in lieu of gifts.  What a great idea that all of us could consider?
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
I remember him Sharon  :Luv2:
How you had to tempt him him to eat and eventually, he started putting some weight on - great news  ;D
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
Hi all
I just had a really lovely phonecall from Baz owners. If you remember Baz was found with a broken jaw that was untreated for mnay weeks and it was touch and go if he would pull through due to his condition and him not eating.. he was at the vets for 3 wks and in our care for over 2 months before he was well enough to be rehomed.

Well Rachels says he is doing great and now has abit of a podge, she says he is the love of her life and it wouldnt be the same without him.  As a mark of the great work we did to "save him" for Christmas she is going to donate to us in (and her friends) in lou of gifts..

Isnt that fab news...

I am very happy..

Also want to mention here, that dispite stirling efforts and everything to help we were not able to give Conker a happy home for hte rest of his days and as you know he was put to sleep while i was away on hols.. He had once again deterioated that we felt we were not doing him any favours at all.. Conker had a month or so of TLC and at least didnt get to suffer. It wasnt meant to be.. However, Conkers old home is now going to be for Alex a white oldie FIV puss with cancer in his ears. Both ears have been removed and he looks very odd but he is a darling and is very much starved of affection. He dribbles alot and has a very unwhite kind of coat and is very skinny, but Alex should be loved and adored in this home.

I would like to think that Conker would be happy for Alex..

Some good news today then...

Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

Link to CatChat