Author Topic: The reason for being a cat person instead of a dog person  (Read 6393 times)

Offline dolcetta46

• Super Cat
    • Oliver's personal page
Re: The reason for being a cat person instead of a dog person
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2007, 22:11:00 PM »
Nice story (if with a tinge of sadness...) about how Misty and Hamish touched your life and heart for good... :)  It could also have been posted on that "How your cats changed your lifestyle" thread!! ;)  Sorry about Caesar and Prince... :(  and now that Hamish has joined them over the bridge, Misty must be feeling a bit lonesome... is there any forecast of his new companion arriving at your household, or is he finally enjoying the full undivided attention all to himself now?

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: none :'(
Re: The reason for being a cat person instead of a dog person
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 21:49:22 PM »
Must be Honest, was alway's a dog person (was brought up with dog's) and was never really keen on cat's :(
I started to change my way's when my Mother got her first Cat "Kirsty" and although you couldn't take them out
for walk's and stuff, I could see "as the same with Dog's" that Cat's too have their own Personalities  :wow:
one of the reason's I moved out of my mother's house was that I got a Kitten " Misty Blue" from a guy I worked
with,My mother wouldn't allow Misty out of my bedroom because of Kirsty.
and about a year later I found Hamish on a stormy night pouring down with rain, I could just hear His pitiful
Plea's for help above the wind, I took Him in and Hamish & Misty were the Best of Friend's through all the years :wow:
and the laugh's I used to get with their antic's ( you being Cat people too know what I mean  :rofl: )
I was still more of a dog Person and Longed for a German Shepherd, and 1 year later "Casar" was introduced to the
Family ( 2 adults 1 child 5 Cats and Casar  :Luv:) Sadly Casar got an abcess  :(  I had noticed a scratch on his back
beside his tale, and to this day I still dont know how it happened, Don't think it was the Cat's cause they sensed he was
a Puppy, and I was amazed that when they did take swipe's at him, because He was being boistrous" they would never
have their claws out!!) I took Casar to the Vet's and He was diagnosed with " A strained muscle" but after a week on
pain killer's I could see his leg ballooning up and took him back, the vet's did exploritory  surgery and I got a phone call
later that day telling me " There is nothing we can do, He has an abcess which has spread to his stomach " :'( I had Prince
for 8yrs, he was FTGH and was an excellent German Shepherd, but one day at the age of 10, he seemed very restless &
wouldn't Settle ?? I went to my work, and when I came Home He had Passed  :'( :'( the vet's checked and said it was a
heart attack  :'( :(
that just left Misty and Hamish :Luv:

anyway as per usual I am yapping to much again  :innocent: answer to your question

Cat's are easier to keep, do not have to be taken out in a howling gale to do the toilet, do not slobber all over you or
jump on you with muddy paws when you are all dressed to go out somewhere, if you go on holiday they aren't such a tie
down as dog's, because you can get friend's or family round once a day to check on them, and not worry about taking them
for long walk's to try and tire them out, and Cat's are easier to push away when you are eating, etc,etc the list goes on

No, I can Honestly say that I am Now a Confirmed Ailurophile :wow: and would have a furbabe before any dog anyday  :briggin:

P.S. sorry for long Post :-[
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 21:53:04 PM by Stuart (Misty's Dad) »
Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

Offline dolcetta46

• Super Cat
    • Oliver's personal page
The reason for being a cat person instead of a dog person
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2007, 21:06:00 PM »
Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike dogs, and there are many dogs I am fond of (but not all of them, mind :P).
But I always associated myself with cats over dogs, and can confidently say I am a cat person.  Because there are so many cat traits that I can identify and see myself within them as well... their independence, cheeky attitude, being their own boss, refusing to be controlled against their will, but at the same time they can be so affectionate, sweet and loyal. It may be difficult if you want to keep your animal under total control and "own" them, I like the fact that I can respect them and their identity for what they are.

Those drooling, tail wagging devotion to humans shown by dogs, while it can be cute momentarily when you encounter one, I can't see myself being able to live with that every day, I would be like "crikey, why don't you get a life or something?"

Plus cats keep themselves clean and go to the loo on their own, and won't drag you outside at the most inconvenient moment because of their urgent call of the nature :evillaugh:

Link to CatChat