Author Topic: Fav catfoods  (Read 15370 times)

Offline unseeliechylde

• Distinguished Cat
Re: Fav catfoods
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2007, 14:56:13 PM »
OOh! there's a few there I'll have to try  ;)  Since Riley is an indoor boy, he doesn't really get "treats"; he's fed on wet food (2 pouches a day), and gets a "treat" ball filled with Science hill's lo-fat dry food! Poor boy loves the stuff - just as well he doesn't know it's not "treat" food at all! :rofl: He does get boiled turkey / steak / chicken, if I've been cooking, and will literally do ANYTHING for it  :rofl: Bizarrely, we have discovered he also likes scallops and squid! (tho they are "blue moon" treats - very, very rare, but he loves them).
Where would I get RC Dental SO prescription biscuits? Would it have to be from the vet? I'm keen to do something to keep his teeth in good nick, but don't like using the whiskas denta bits as they seem very hi-cal for a lazy indoor boy!

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2007, 14:47:04 PM »
Dry: Various varieties of Hills and Royal Canin

Wet:
Applaws, Hi-Life, Natures Menu, and Hills.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 14:54:53 PM by Team Svartalfheims »
You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2007, 14:15:30 PM »
Max has Whiskas Oh So Meaty or Oh So Fishy in the morning with his biscuits which are RC Dental SO prescription ones.  For his tea, he has Natures Menu which is always gone by the morning  ;D

He doesn't really have 'treats' much any more as he was a bit of a porker last year, I prefer to give him a bit of my salmon or chicken if I've cooked, but only a little taster really.  He would sell his soul for chicken lickens though, as soon as the packed was rusled he'd be at my feet in seconds and trying to get them  :evillaugh:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2007, 14:12:14 PM »
Ah I like this.

I have a mixture of wet. Gourmet Solitaire and Gold, Sheba seafood pouches, Sheba domes (these and the gourmet solitaire are complementary).

Dry: Pero Organic dry (very loved), Arden Grange Organic (also loved, but I think in small doses, otherwise cystitis), and Perfect Fit Indoor.

Did used to eat FAGAIL but not as much a fan as of the others.

Try to avoid treats but Felix Chikin Likin's are stolen before I get them out the bag...

Offline unseeliechylde

• Distinguished Cat
Fav catfoods
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007, 14:07:31 PM »
Just wondered what are peeps fav brands for their furbabies (or rather, what brands furbabies have manipulated their owners into getting for them! :rofl:)?
I usually feed nature's menu, perfect fit, and Hills Science plan. I used to get iams, but after finding out (through this forum) about their appaling research practices, I'm joining the boycott. Any suggestions of other quality foods I can use to replace the evil iams? I like to try to vary what I feed the babies, more so they don't get bored with any one type, but I do like to feed high-quality food (of course) that supports good health and immune systems.
What are the preferred brands used by forum members?

Link to CatChat