Author Topic: Bag packing  (Read 16489 times)

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
Re: Bag packing
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2015, 15:02:20 PM »
I'm glad that you found this worthwhile, well done!

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2015, 14:32:52 PM »
glad it works for you, must say at our co-op they tend to be rather shy teenage girls so aren't very forthcoming but they must do well out of it, it happens a few times a year

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2015, 14:22:38 PM »
I dunno, they just do! We all had Westgate Ark t-shirts on and there were labels on the buckets - we just had a bucket sat at the end of each till.

I didnt even have to ask people - I just did it. We did one at Tescos that had a LOT more tills and got about £850, but needed a lot more help. At that one I did get sick of saying 'do you want a hand with your packing?' A lot more people there brought there own bags and were a lot more picky about their packing.

I personally hate anyone else packing my bags, but at B&M it was mostly tins, sweets, pop and booze!

I might order some pairs of cat ears for the next lot of fundraising we do!  :evillaugh:
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2015, 12:42:36 PM »
they do it at our local co-op sometimes for an outward bound group, I've never used them because I've only ever had a couple of things and by the time I've seen them I'm already packed!  how do you get people to notice you

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
Bag packing
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2015, 10:24:43 AM »
I know bag packing is a great way to raise lots of money, but can be a difficult and lengthy process.

We just did one at the weekend at B&M and raised £602 for Westgate Ark. It was really easy to book - I just rang the store and they booked it straight away and said they had one for 2 weeks time although I waited a while so we could round up more helpers.

I would make sure its your biggest store - this one actually sold meat & alcohol too. I did think 'what are people going to want packed at B&M but it was non-stop! There were 6 tills though most of the time only 4 or 5 on at once, so we didnt need too many helpers.

Just a tip, and we will definitely be doing it again!  :wow:
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Link to CatChat