Author Topic: Pebbles  (Read 3172 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Pebbles
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2006, 08:16:19 AM »
I am really sorry to read this Desley, didn't know Pebbles was ill I've had puter probs lately and not been on here as much.  As you well know we just take oldies and so have our share of the traumas with it so I can really sympathise having lost our 17 yr old Smokey in July only days after his leg amp.  Pebbles was really well looked after with you I'm sure and you did all you could I really don't know what to say, thinking of youx
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2006, 01:05:45 AM »
So sad  :'(

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2006, 21:25:20 PM »
That second pic shows just how close to her bed the food was, and even that was too much of a struggle.
Please spay your cat

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2006, 21:22:01 PM »
Picture 2 is how I met her  :Luv: happy and snug and warm and not moving for toffee!! (or catnip)   :)
Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2006, 21:18:51 PM »
Yep, a month shy of 2 years - and ironically with your comment Gill, that was the second longest I have had a cat of my own - the first longest was Ginger, so I have lost my two longest stayers in the past 3 months.

Pic taken the first day

And 2 days before - the camera was really acting up though, so this is poor

« Last Edit: December 13, 2006, 21:20:47 PM by Desley (booktigger) »
Please spay your cat

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2006, 21:12:17 PM »
I didnt know that you had Pebbles for such a short time but I am so glad she had you

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2006, 21:08:33 PM »
You are a star Desley, I am a total wreck just reading this and the Amazing Grace thread in the catchat forum - can hardly see the keys!

You have done brilliantly for Pebbles, after all her health issues you always stuck by her and looked after her, I am sure she was grateful for that.
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2006, 20:57:23 PM »
Not a prob Dawn, I forgot to warn you as well.
She was, it was one of her good weeks fortunately.
Please spay your cat

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2006, 20:45:12 PM »
Oh no! I didn't know this had happened - soooo sad :( sorry I haven't really been in touch today   :sad no:

Pebbles was such a lovely purr box when I met her, unfortunately I only got to meet her the once. Sending lots of love your way.

Offline Littlebobo

• Hero Cat
  • Yumi, Moggchops, Mister and Chalky !!!
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2006, 16:08:35 PM »
I think you are very right about not many people taking her on ..and yes it must have been fate she was such a brave girl with everything she went through xx
Fuss me Fuss me ..Come on I have things to do like Eating and sleeping !

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Pebbles
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2006, 08:58:20 AM »
I was going to do this next month on her two year anniversary, but we obviously weren't destined to make that. I Actually very nearly didn't get Pebbles, and probably wouldnt have if it hadn't been for the CC peeps - I was fostering for CP at the time, and had said that Snowy was really poorly and if they got an oldie in in the next few months to let me know. 2 hours after getting back from Snowy's final visit, I got a call from CP asking if I could take on a 10yo. After persuasion, I went and saw her, and we had actually seen them in the vets that morning, so I decided it was fate, even if she was 'too young' for me - plus pts was mentioned if a home couldn't be found. Couldnt take her straight away though, as the vet had said that she had to be FIV/FeLV tested before homing (turns out she was convinced even then there was something underlying with this cat). So she came here after that came back negative, and I had to rearrange so much stuff for her, she camped out in my bedroom so I had to move litter tray, food and water up here, which I had never done before, so it certainly was an experience. Last years health issues weren't too bad, just a weight battle, cystitis, blood tests cos the vet said she didn't look good, a dental, and a couple of 'minor' visits, mainly over what we thought was a lack of balance, but after this year, I know think it was that leg, and we knew there was an issue with it, but we put it down to the fact that the break had left that leg weak, dont think anyone would have guessed they would find a pin that was years old if that leg had been x-rayed!! This year was a different story though, and even the vet said on Mon that she wondered with every issue we faced if she could get through it. She was such a little fighter though, and I do think she was very lucky that I did take her on, I can't see many people paying for what she ended up costing, nor willing to go through so many traumas in such a short space of time. It does seem unfair that she was taken so young, but I have known the majority of the time i have had her that she wasn't going to be with me for years and years, she was just a chronically sickly cat - but they are the ones I Seem to get most of!! I will post some pics later, not sure I have the first one of her here at home.
Please spay your cat

Link to CatChat