Author Topic: been sent to bed by the cat  (Read 1052 times)

Offline claws n purrs

• Adult Cat
  • Ronnie, Freya, Olly and Mickey!
Re: been sent to bed by the cat
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2007, 16:57:16 PM »
This made me laugh as I remember Carrie (my first ever cat, sadly died 2 years ago) used to wait for our feet or legs to move under the duvet before pouncing on them! Once she'd finished 'playing' she'd sidle up to my pillow and claw back the covers to get into the bed with us before settling down with her head on the pillow next to mine   :)

All was well each night until she'd decide it was feeding time and wake me up by pawing my hair and trying to lift my head off the pillow with her paws.  :doh:

Another of her tricks to get me up was to slowly sink her claws deeper into my scalp until I either got up or nudged her away.  :rofl:
Life is life -  there is no difference between a cat or a man.  The idea of difference is a human conception for man's own advantage.  ~Sri Aurobindo

"I purr, therefore I am."

Offline sylsuki

• Adult Cat
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2007, 14:26:32 PM »
 :rofl:  yep I've used the Old Gas Fire trick to get a good nights sleep!  :rofl:

Offline lucy

• Hero Cat
  • Xanthe
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2007, 09:17:53 AM »
Ooh, cunning!  :wow:

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2007, 09:06:51 AM »
When this used to happen with one of my cats, we used to turn on the gas fire (even in the height of summer) the little one would then curl up go to sleep in front of it.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline lucy

• Hero Cat
  • Xanthe
been sent to bed by the cat
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2007, 09:01:11 AM »
Xanthe has taken it upon herself to send us to bed when she wants to settle down. She races upstairs and looks at us reproachfully if we don't follow, then we get the 20 minute toe eating episode where either both OH & I have to lie completely immobile so as not to attract attention or both move to confuse her so she doesn't know which one to pounce on. Once that is negotiated she may settle for the night, only crawling up to my neck for a nice suck when she feels like it! And I though children were bad!  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Link to CatChat