Author Topic: The ultimate cat xmas gift  (Read 3249 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: The ultimate cat xmas gift
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2007, 23:16:34 PM »
Not a very clear photo but this is her today. She isn't the most laid back cat as a rule,  but its in an alcove window where she feels safe. Also directly above a radiator. She has slept most of the day there  :Luv: - I consider it one of the best £10 notes ever spent  :Luv:

I will be heading off to Broadstairs TK Maxx next week to see if they have any left   ;D

I am curious about this bed as I think cats love beds with high sides

http://www.woofnwhiskers.co.uk/danish-design-cat-cosy-bed-p-1109.html
« Last Edit: October 21, 2007, 23:26:43 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2007, 10:37:13 AM »
That looks really comfy.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2007, 21:48:03 PM »
I have never seen such a well padded cat bed - it must be really comfortable  :Luv:

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline hOrZa

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2007, 21:40:25 PM »
he he it looks like she's on top of a bun cake :)
Cats are like little bundles of razor blades wrapped in soft fur.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2007, 21:25:36 PM »
I bought Willow one of the Chili cat beds in TK Maxx today. It is the most padded, comfortable looking (and feeling) bed ever. Willow was in within 2 seconds, suckling it in 10 seconds, fast asleep within 5 minutes  :Luv:

Highly recommended. I wish I got them ages ago as it was the last one in our local branch  >:(

Willow is a tiny girl (3.5kg) so Kylie wouldn't fit in one  :evillaugh:
« Last Edit: October 20, 2007, 21:27:46 PM by Mark »

Offline queen_goth

• Adult Cat
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2007, 06:33:05 AM »
mine have made there places firmly on our beds, the two girls tend to curl up on my eldest daughters top bunk and toffee, well he never seems to leave my bed, and they all seem to love the faux fur blanket i have on my bed, it used to be on the sofa in the front room, stops them digging claws into the leather at the back but they love to knitt into it so much i changed my mind, besides after felix decided she could no longer use the litter tray since i put the lid back on it the blanket was apparently the best place to do it, thankfully it was folded up on the laminate while i gave the livingroom a good spring clean. the manthing would have hit the roof if he knew but thankfully like some one pointed out already that oxy bleach is some fine cleaning stuff, no smell, the blacnket looks loads brighter, manthing is none the wiser and the cats havent peed on it since.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2007, 00:03:37 AM »
I saw some really good quality "donut" catbeds in TK Maxx today - I forget the brand but they are really solid feeling. RRP £30, TK price £9.99  ;D

They also have cat shopping bags - there is a well known design where all the cats have their back to you but one of them is looking back. The vinyl bag is £2.99 down from £11.99
They also have a cat canvas bag which is also about 1/4 of RRP - I love TK Maxx  ;D

Edit - these are the beds they have in TK Maxx for £9.99 - they are £24.99 from petplanet. They are called Chili cat.
http://www.petplanet.co.uk/product.asp?dept_id=316&pf_id=7423
« Last Edit: October 19, 2007, 08:07:40 AM by Mark »

Offline Reynard

• Super Cat
  • Pearl & Poppy
    • Post 14 Digital Motorsport Photography
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2007, 23:54:52 PM »
Pearl has this *thing* for my sweaty socks...  :-:

Toby's favourite bed is an old wicker shopping basket lined with a square of vet bed, whereas Pearl likes her fleece blanket which is draped over the armchair in my bedroom.

I've never bought any purposely made cat beds as I've a feeling my two would ignore them. I had a furry igloo give to me a while back and it ended up being donated to the local branch of CP as it was ignored and sat there gathering dust...

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2007, 13:37:14 PM »
I have a friend that comes over from Belgium once in a while. Lets just say he must think deodorant is a waste of money  :sick: and he is a sweaty person anyway  :sick:

Kylie always makes a beeline for his jacket and triple purrs if there is such a thing with her eyes rolling. I find it quite upsetting that my sweet-smelling perfectly groomed cat is attracted by that  :evillaugh: - She must like a bit of rough  :evillaugh:

Its funny you mention that because my son has a friend who always wears a sweaty leather jacket that is very pongy and Archie will not leave him alone. If Scruffy is in she will permanently attach herself to him :evillaugh:

ccmacey

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2007, 13:31:13 PM »
They are too pricey. My Teddy and Macey love their £5 beanbags, almost 3 years and still going strong.  ;D

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2007, 12:51:07 PM »
I have a friend that comes over from Belgium once in a while. Lets just say he must think deodorant is a waste of money  :sick: and he is a sweaty person anyway  :sick:

Kylie always makes a beeline for his jacket and triple purrs if there is such a thing with her eyes rolling. I find it quite upsetting that my sweet-smelling perfectly groomed cat is attracted by that  :evillaugh: - She must like a bit of rough  :evillaugh:

Offline dolcetta46

• Super Cat
    • Oliver's personal page
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2007, 12:12:03 PM »
I don't know about this, it will probably be a waste of money... Oliver carefully avoids everything that we try to provide him for resting, sleeping or for simple comfort... pillows, cushions, blankies, he just doesn't go there, even though for some bizzare reason unknown he loves to go to my sweaty towel I left on the workout mat after my gym training and lay there.... :sick:   And he DOES like OUR pillows on the bed.... :innocent:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2007, 12:01:59 PM »
I have to go to sainsbury's later so will have a look. Ours isn't a big store so unlikely they will have it.

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2007, 11:26:30 AM »
What a wonderful cat bed ;D I was surprised to see a really nice bed in Sainsbury's this morning reduced from £19.99-£10, no tartin or pawprints, a good design. ;D

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2007, 10:43:11 AM »
Since I started using oxygen bleach, there's no looking back  :evillaugh: I think it really does get rid of smells.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2007, 12:01:10 PM by Mark »

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2007, 10:31:33 AM »
At least these ones are machine washable 

I appreciate that, but when they are constantly peed on, even with surgical spirit in the final rinse I could still smell a slight pong.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2007, 10:09:27 AM »
I have two old giant bags of my own but its so hard now to get replacement beans and I used to live in them cos they are just so comfortable and when my back was bad they were the only place I could be comfy................happy days and memeories  ;D

Offline bluecat

• Senior Cat
  • m
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2007, 10:04:35 AM »
Not at that price  :Crazy:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2007, 09:15:24 AM »
At least these ones are machine washable  :evillaugh:

Just saw that if you buy them direct, it's cheaper  ;D (£49.95)

They sell a dog version, a child version and various adult ones. The "Family hammock" looks good but at £300, I'll pass  :evillaugh:

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2007, 09:08:08 AM »
also many cats mistake the feel of the beans as litter

Oh! yes I can vouch for that. Over the years we have been donated many  cats beds with bean like filling, all have been used like a litter tray and needed to be thrown away.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2007, 09:04:56 AM »
They do human ones as well just google "fatboy beanbags" - Over £100 but cheaper than an armchair. One of them is perfect for sinking into to watch a film or read. I think it might go on my xmas wish list  :evillaugh:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2007, 09:00:09 AM »
I think they rock! I have a beanie square in my living room (Faux leather, doncha know. Now pierced by teeny claws!) and my cats love it. Even when the little one was staying here, she would stalk it and pounce on it!

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2007, 08:43:42 AM »
I think they are smart, practical furniture. If you have a nice room and don't want it spoiled by tartan or pawprint polyester beds, they are perfect. I agree they are pricey. For someone with one cat they are good. The only reservation I have is cats like things with sides (ie cardboard boxes  :evillaugh: ) - I would hate to spend £60 on one to be ignored. I was told about them by a cat-loving guest who stayed for a couple of nights this week. She bought them for her 2 cats.

This is beside the point but I asked if she wanted another cat. She said she didn't want to upset her existing cats and 2 was enough. Her boyfriend said he wanted another one - he was another one of those people that didn't like cats and had never had one until he met her. Now he wants another one and wanted to go to PAH on the way home to buy gifts to take back for the cats  :evillaugh:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2007, 04:32:49 AM »
They are great.....very pricey though  :sigh:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2007, 00:06:38 AM »
Definatly not  >:(

They are far too high priced and also many cats mistake the feel of the beans as litter  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
The ultimate cat xmas gift
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2007, 00:02:36 AM »

Link to CatChat