Author Topic: OT - Laptops  (Read 2665 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: OT - Laptops
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2006, 15:44:54 PM »
Further to Lynns post......umm think it was Lynn, you have to be very careful when buying these off ebay, make sure you look to see where the seller and goods are and look at their feedback and who posted it.

I have seen some major scams running on these where you would lose all your money and get nothing.

My sister has aslo bought a Dell one on ebay but shes a puter buff so know exactly what she is doing but it was brand new with an enormous high quality screen. It had a problem with the screen when it arrived biut was under warranty from Dell and got a replacement. But plaese be careful :)

Offline Emma S

• Adult Cat
  • Meg and Darcey
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2006, 15:39:29 PM »
Buffy, I am also looking for a new laptop. It can be a pain, especially when you dont know much about computers like me!!

I only want a cheapy one cause I can get software dead cheap through work, theres one in tesco for ?399 and also one in Currys the same price, they seem quite good for what I want them for.
Love Emma & the girls - Meg and Darcey xxx

Offline Nick (Peanut & Boo)

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2006, 15:37:26 PM »
I refurbish laptops and have about half a dozen for sale cheap.
There are some very cheap brand new laptops out there at the moment butthe problem is they usually do not include all the software you need .
What is the make and model number of your laptop Buffy ,it will give me an idea of the spec you need.

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2006, 14:09:34 PM »
well we got a brand new HP compaq nx6125 with the usuals pre installed for around ?450 inc delivery off of ebay !!
that came with the normal 12 mnths hp warranty and its really good, hubby got the same as his work upgrades theirs every 12 months or less and it was the current one they got and ours was cheaper even tho they get great bulk deals through misco.

Offline Beth (Mouse's Mum)

• Adult Cat
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2006, 11:31:00 AM »
They have some great value Acer's at Tesco atm, just bought another for my hubby, also just bought me a Dell too, but it was very expensive, although great quality!

Think the Tesco one was ?600

Offline x Beckie x (Buffy)

• Senior Cat
  • x Missy and Pickle x
OT - Laptops
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2006, 11:00:08 AM »
Im hunting for a new laptop as the screen on mine is broken. I can still see it but only 2/3rds of the screen.

I dont suppose anyone has a cheap old one up for sale do they? Thought it was worth asking as im gonna have to start saving for a Dell which is ?450!

Link to CatChat