Author Topic: What should I feed Misty on ????  (Read 1085 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: What should I feed Misty on ????
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2007, 00:09:38 AM »
The renal food is good in that it has reduced phosphorus which is wise for an older cat but it also has restricted protein whereas senior has increased protein. If it was me, I would try to give him senior as that has restricted phosphorus. If he won't eat it, I would go for a mix of renal and regular. I just wish Clapton would eat the renal but he won't touch it.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2007, 23:57:02 PM »
I would have a word with your vet, He is might be the best person to advice you.
You could try giving Misty extra vitamins but again chat with your vet about it

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2007, 22:58:50 PM »
I read on here recently that senior food had a lot more fat in it.

I am no expert but I would feed Misty normal food, the renal food may not do any harm but I dont know.

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: none :'(
What should I feed Misty on ????
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2007, 22:47:51 PM »
Misty is over 16yrs and I don't know whats the best food to feed Him on ?? I tried the boys with the senior food's
but they weren't very keen on it, I now Know it was more Hamish who didn't like it, cause I have since bought more
and Misty's eating it, "not alway's though" I also read somewhere it's not always best to feed them senior food's if
your Cat is overweight, I'm not saying that Misty is Overweight, but he is a full figure of a Cat and solid
I dont know his actual weight ??
when I was offshore, the wife gave Him Hamish's Renal food, and He loved it !!! Finishing off 2 sachet's a day :wow:
Now maybe I'm getting a wee bit paranoid, with what happened to Hamish, but would it be ok to feed him on this??

Or can anyone offer Me some good advice as to whats best for Misty??

Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

Link to CatChat