Author Topic: He's a pest!  (Read 1251 times)

Offline Ralph's mum (angie)

• Super Cat
  • Rainbow Bridge Babies Bob, Max and Ralph 🌈💔
  • Slave to: Harvey and Ruby the mutts!!
Re: He's a pest!
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2007, 16:19:38 PM »
 :evillaugh: They sound like fun, keep up the good work  :hug:

Cats don't come when they are called,
They take a message and get back to you later.
                           Wilfred P. Lampton

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2007, 14:03:27 PM »
They sound wonderful and Portia knows she needs to be the boss  :rofl: :rofl:

Some wimps become the greatest cuddle cats, like one who is lying on my desk who is only not a wimp with me  ;D

Offline dolcetta46

• Super Cat
    • Oliver's personal page
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2007, 12:38:04 PM »
Yip, they surely sounds like a pair of characters... it must be a job trying to approach kitties who are not used to any contact but with patience and love I am sure you will get there!!  The first time my Ollie came home I lured him with a pile of whipped cream on my finger, that worked like magic :evillaugh:

To play with him, try a laser torch... it is a wonderfully irresistible toy for the fuzzballs, it even worked when Ollie was terrorized by the presence of Guido (8 year old son of my partner, who came to see our new arrival the other day) and got himself firmly barricaded behind the kitchen unit!! :yayyy:

Best of luck, and above all have fun!! :ok:

Offline puddypaws

• Hero Cat
  • Mum to Sophie and Oscar
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2007, 10:54:58 AM »
Thanks, that's made me not worry quite so much - except for the blood that is! :sick:  I'm going to buy da bird for them as Oliver played a little bit yesterday with a mouse on a string - well actually he was more interested in the string.  I had to dangle it through the stair rails as that was as close as he was prepared to be.  I don't think they have ever been played with or had fun before.  It's such a shame

Offline Sabrina (Auferstehen)

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2007, 10:48:55 AM »
You'd be suprised what they can bounce back from. We had to get Harley & Quinn back to the rescue guy while we went to the US for a week and I was so affraid it would be back to square one with both of them.

However they were so happy to be back and I think it made Quinn realise that he did like us.

Course getting them into the carrier was fun thankfully I don't mind the sight of blood ;)

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2007, 10:46:36 AM »
Hehe! Oliver sounds sweet, but Portia sounds like a brilliant little character! ;D

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline lisa77

• Hero Cat
  • Little Leo..
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2007, 10:45:34 AM »
Ahh bless.. they sound like fun  :Luv:

Offline puddypaws

• Hero Cat
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2007, 10:29:06 AM »
The thing I am worried about is that in about 10 days they are due to visit the vet for second jabs, microchips and Portia's stitches out.  As they hate being handled at the moment and go into a total panic if you try to pick them up, I'm dreading trying to get them into their cat baskets..  I hope that it doesn't put us back to square one.

Offline Sabrina (Auferstehen)

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2007, 10:13:21 AM »
They sound like real characters!

My foster kittens have come a long way in the 3 months they've been with us, it takes time.

We have Quinn who used to hiss and growl at you any time you came into the same room he was in and now he's happy to climb on top of you while reading in bed, he still doesn't understand being petted but I've managed to pet him a few times and he doesn't run as far as he use to.

Harley on the other hand comes when you call her and loves getting fuss.

Offline puddypaws

• Hero Cat
He's a pest!
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2007, 10:06:37 AM »
My two new scaredy cats had me hysterical last night - it went as follows: Portia comes downstairs for food - 2 mins later Oliver is shouting for her.  She goes back up to see him.  3 mins later she comes back to carry on eating - Oliver then howls that Portia has been kidnapped by white slavers.  Back up she goes.  Back down she comes, eats some more and then settles on dining room chair.  More howls from upstairs.  She tries to ignore him but then I hear a thump as she jumps off the chair and goes back to him again.  Then they both come down and Oliver makes a beeline for her food.  Well enough is enough as far as Portia is oncerned.  This tiny little cat (half his size) bats him one round the ear, shoves him out of the way and finishes her supper.

Although she won't let us touch her yet, she is certainly the braver of the two.  Yesterday Oliver let me stroke him and I could hardly believe my ears when he gave a very tentative purr.  I don't think they've been handled at all so it's going to be a long haul, especially with Portia, but we're beginning to see their true personalities coming through - one brave and motherly the other a total wimp!

Link to CatChat