Author Topic: Anyone lurking from Kent?  (Read 7076 times)

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
Re: Anyone lurking from Kent?
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2007, 10:16:14 AM »
So the question remains - any preference for colour?  :evillaugh:

Is that a trick question? :rofl: Trying to con me into taking one on long term?? hmmm? :rofl:

No. No preference for colour, I have a terrible weakness for blacks and for calicos, but they are all gorgeous so no real preferences as they are short term guests. And yes, having grown up on a farm where some of the animals were destined for the table, I am able to make that distinction.

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2007, 09:56:59 AM »
 :cheer: :cheer:

Oh, thank you so much!  :yesss: :wish: They are all so beautiful, it's a shame to let them go totally wild - theyd make sure cherished pets.  :)

I'll contact you later in the week to make arrangements and get a kitten pen and supplies for you. Perhaps a delivery Saturday?

So the question remains - any preference for colour?  :evillaugh:

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2007, 09:42:26 AM »
in that case, send them on over. But be warned, I will be off line for some time in that case. More than happy to help if it is not going to disadvantage the kitties. I have a spare room which faces east so they get natural daylight almost all day. The floor is bare boards at present as it is a project I have started then stopped as I had too many on they go at once. So they will have plenty of peace. It is at the back of the house and i have a spare climbing tower so they can see out the window and pull faces at Shadow downstairs. The advantage is that, once they are handleable, they will also have exposure to a big soppy dog who is gentle with kitties and so they will be able to have their homing options broadened.

Let me know where to from here and the room is their's!!

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2007, 09:33:09 AM »
blackcat, Auferstehen (Sabrina) is taming kittens for CAT77 and she works full time.  ;)

So long as you've got a spare room where you can isolate them from Smidgen and Esther, the rest is pretty basic. And I suspect you've got arrangements for feeding Smidgen and Esther that would serve for a pair of these kittens anyway...  :shy:

I leave a radio in the room for Apache and Squaw when I'm not around. And I spend maybe 45 mins to an hour in total concentrating on them each day, playing, finger feeding, evntually handling - the rest of the time they are just getting used to the sights and sounds of living inside a home.

Have a chat with Sabrina if you like. Ask her about how you feel the first time you hear them purr....  :Luv: :'( :evillaugh: If you think you could help us out for even a few weeks, it'll help.  ;D

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2007, 08:01:52 AM »
Hi PB, I would be glad to help but suspect with my working hours it would be counterproductive. I am, however, always happy to help out with any fosters who are, perhaps, a little less labour-intensive...

MBll

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2007, 01:04:49 AM »
Moving down to kent

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
Anyone lurking from Kent?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2007, 00:55:46 AM »
I don't suppose there's anyone out there who is sort of thinking about getting involved in rescue, but is a bit shy and hasn't stepped forward before...?  :scared:

I am urgently seeking fosterers to help me tame farm kittens. We will give you a kitten pen and full instructions, food, etc. It's an easy but time consuming process and all you need is a spare room. From personal experience, taming these kittens will be a heart warming and rewarding process.

PM me if you think you can help.  :)

Link to CatChat