Author Topic: found black and white cat female cat, notts/derby  (Read 12718 times)

Offline Corporal Smokey

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • Amy, Cpl. Smokey and Lord Chester Red Bear <3
Re: found black and white cat female cat, notts/derby
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2007, 21:28:18 PM »
Sorry, only just seen this thread. I hope I'm far too late to help and all cats are returned to their rightful slaves and snoozing on their sofas but let me know if there's anything I can do. I live in Derbyshire and work in Nottingham OH works in Loughborough and has contact wth a rescue there too. I've just checked our latest CP lost and found list but it's slightly out of the area.

I know the vets' in Donington, they're really nice and they deal with a lot of cats around the area.

I'm so sorry I didn't help sooner but if you are still missing cats or "finding" them from Loughborough up to Chesterfield, let me know and I'll tell as many people as I can  ;D
Ashfield and Amber Valley Cats Protection and Cat Chat

http://www.catchat.org/ashfield/cgibin/prtoc.cgi
http://www.ashfieldcats.org.uk
http://www.catchat.org/topcats

True love is rescued. Miss you always Josh and Hope xx

Offline claire30

• Adult Cat
  • sweetness itself... sally!
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2007, 23:48:34 PM »
wish someone would find my baby, thank god for people around like you to take care of our lost ones, goodness knows what would happen with out
thanks for takin her on behalf of her!

Offline snarf

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Bridge babies Lucifer & Neko. Sparecat, Saph
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2007, 19:51:13 PM »
just had someone call me to ask if she was dave, not daves owner just a caring someone. its giving me faith in the general public again :)

Offline snarf

• Hero Cat
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2007, 19:39:15 PM »
saw you, so have i, and mentioning her collar.
that explains why i had a phonecall from daves owners asking for a mrs wood  :evillaugh: i thought thered been a mix up somewhere! must remember i am mrs wood, must remember im mrs wood

there could have been more info in it, but at least its a start, and it might be noticed by the owner or someone that knows them.
id like to point out i am not known for taking in strays. shes only the 2nd.... well in my adult life.... i sound like a nutter  :rofl:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2007, 19:05:53 PM »
Woo Hoo that's the article .. however it doesn't really contain much info does it.  I have posted a comment about the importance of microchipping.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2007, 19:01:05 PM »
Snarf

Is this the article?  Shame they didn't put the lost pet tips in - hopefully this little girl's owner will read it and she can be reunited with her Mum and Dad.

http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=195917&command=displayContent&sourceNode=134241&contentPK=18388089&folderPk=78486&pNodeId=133951

Offline snarf

• Hero Cat
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2007, 14:49:09 PM »
cant find it in todays paper, hopefully its just been put back to tomorrow.  >:( really think this could go a long way to helping this little one find her owners.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2007, 15:05:54 PM »
We get the evening post at work so I will find the article and scan it in and post it for everyone to see.

Offline snarf

• Hero Cat
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2007, 08:31:19 AM »
rang her and gave her all the info, not sure how much will go in. she said deff tomorrows post, ill see if i can get a link or something and post it

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2007, 18:59:09 PM »
I don't really do very much ... I just send a few emails and try to pass on some hints and tips ... there are many more folks much more deserving of a mention than me to be honest  :shy:

Will the piece definitely be in Thursdays Post? Will have to make sure I remember to buy a copy  ;)

Offline snarf

• Hero Cat
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2007, 18:50:40 PM »
just found a lost ad that looked really promising, rang him, even more promising, asked him to send a photo to me..... not the same cat!  :doh: i was all excited for a few mins then and then had to crush his hopes.  feel so bad.  this cats so sweet and lovely, it would be fantastic to reunite her with her owners/slaves

Offline snarf

• Hero Cat
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2007, 18:10:36 PM »

When you say "if ud like to volunteer a name as you do far far more than most in helping lost cats id be eternally grateful " does that mean you'd rather use my name? 

yes  :shy: thats exactly what i meant!!  thank you! i really dont like attention and in this case ive not really done alot! Jenny stopped traffic to rescue her and you do so much work. im just phone monkey and slave!

right, link and tips, microchipping. ill see if we can work in neutering as well!
she asked for a photo and i have a nice one, im just wary of her going to a random as shes very purty. what do you think? a photo would help her be found but also surely a description would?

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2007, 17:45:27 PM »
Hi ya,

Great news that the Nottingham Evening Post wants to do a story .... the more publicity for lost kitties the better.  If they'd be happy to include information maybe your could provide them with the link to the Catchat pages for Nottinghamshire http://www.catchat.org/adoption/notts.html this will then highlight ALL the rescue centres in the area also it might be worth mentioning the National Pet Register (as this does seem to be a central place for reporting lost and found cats and dogs).

When you say "if ud like to volunteer a name as you do far far more than most in helping lost cats id be eternally grateful " does that mean you'd rather use my name?  if you do that's OK I'm happy for you to do that (Sam Stiling).  Depending on how big the piece is they are wanting to write on this little one it might be an idea to include the "Hints and Tips" on how to get your lost furbabe back.

If you want to discuss this further with me I can give you a call if you pm me your number.

Sam

Offline snarf

• Hero Cat
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2007, 17:01:43 PM »
pants!
just realised i should have told her the cat wasnt microchipped and that she should put something in about microchipping and lots of things but she flustered me!

sam, do you want me to ring her back and ask her to include anything specific about lost cats or any specific lost/found cats in notts youre aware of? pm me a list and ill ring her tomoro am. she said it was too late for tomorrows paper and that it would be in thursdays so ive got time.... if ud like to volunteer a name as you do far far more than most in helping lost cats id be eternally grateful  ;)

Offline snarf

• Hero Cat
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2007, 16:49:55 PM »
ok im abit terrified now, on my ringing round i thought, hey ring nottingham evening post and derby telegraph... nottingham evening post apparently want to do a story on it ?  and they want to put my name on which i foolishly gave them. i hate attention. i like my anonimity. i asked them not to. but there was lots of laughing also so i think they may just have been taking the  :censored:
sorry im abit freaked now. if they do it, its ultimately a good thing for the cat.

thanks for that helen

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2007, 15:55:52 PM »
Hope her Mum and Dad can be found, it does sound quite likely that she's hitched a lift with someone seeing as how keen she was to get in your friends' car.

the clipped fur on her flank is about 2/3s  way to grown back so how long ago would that be? shes still bald under her chin though but thats hairs shorted and presumably takes longer to grow?

Riley was shaved in several places 4 weeks ago today, the main patch on his side chest area is probably about 1/2 to 2/3 grown back.

Offline snarf

• Hero Cat
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2007, 11:22:21 AM »
ok, apparently not found close to where it meets the A38 (must be crossed wires somewhere) picked up by shardlow island and closest villages are shardlow/hemington. ive driven on that road before but only once or twice so dont know it well. Jenny said her friends husband- who lives that area nearly hit this kitten on monday when jenny was telling her about it. theres some roads around there that lead off the A50 and Jenny said shes knocked on the doors she could find but ill go back and put some posters up. theres 10 vets that come up for "near shardlow, hemington " on anyvet so ill ring them today - when my boss is away!!) and see if they can help.

the clipped fur on her flank is about 2/3s  way to grown back so how long ago would that be? shes still bald under her chin though but thats hairs shorted and presumably takes longer to grow?

shes a lovely friendly lady, her mummy and daddy must be missing her

Offline snarf

• Hero Cat
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2007, 06:43:55 AM »
sorry guys, trying to type coherently with a migraine was pushing it abit for me!

i didnt pick this one up, a friend saw her and risked life and limb stopping the car! im just here to provide a roof for her.

when my friend saw her and stopped the car, this little one came trotting over and jumped into the car, curled up and had a nap. so its possible she did the same with another strange car and when they found a strange cat in the back they stopped and left her. it would be very odd if someone that had spayed her would dump her so quickly. she has worms (and is swollen by them) and her collar was very tight so she might have been missing more than a week.
ill try to get a better where exactly jenny picked her up so i can check vets etc

Offline snarf

• Hero Cat
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2007, 21:03:58 PM »
maybe she might have hitched a lift in a lorry/van or something.

sorry, thats what i meant, brain abit dead atm. theres so few houses about there

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2007, 20:51:17 PM »
Hmmn, Am thinking why would someone dump her if they've gone to the recent expense of having her spayed? Also shows thay hopefully have a caring attitude, maybe she might have hitched a lift in a lorry/van or something.  Like Sam said hopefully local vets would be able to trace back which cats have been recently spayed.  Good on you for taking her in  :)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2007, 20:50:33 PM »
i think she may be a dumpee, my friend found her, its a stretch of countryside with only about 4 houses, she knocked on all the doors she could find and noone knew her- but they said shed been there for a few days  :(

ill try and do the vets thing tomorrow

Surely if she's been spayed and wearing a collar she's more likely to be an escapee rather than a dumpee.  Fingers crossed and thanks for helping this little one.

Offline snarf

• Hero Cat
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2007, 20:46:45 PM »
i think she may be a dumpee, my friend found her, its a stretch of countryside with only about 4 houses, she knocked on all the doors she could find and noone knew her- but they said shed been there for a few days  :(

ill try and do the vets thing tomorrow

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2007, 20:41:26 PM »
Poor baby.

Could you put a poster up in the area where you found her in case her mummy and daddy are looking for her.  I have just had a scan through the National Pet Register and can't find her registered as lost ... yet.

But as I check every night I will keep my eye out for her.

It might be worth ringing round vets in the area ... if she has been recently spayed they be able to help.

Offline snarf

• Hero Cat
found black and white cat female cat, notts/derby
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2007, 20:33:07 PM »
Young female black and white cat found on A50, close to where it meets the A38 (Nottinghamshire/Derbyshire) showing clipped fur from spay. Red diamante collar
no microchip

pm for more details/pics

sam, just working though your list of contacts now  ;)

Link to CatChat