Cat Health & Behaviour > Health & Behaviour General

WARNING - the dangers of string

(1/10) > >>

Cloveart:
I read somewhere that chocolate is bad for cats.

Judecat (Paula):
I know that Christmas is a long-ish way off, but.
Icicles are so bad, I had to ease one out of Barneys bottom over the course of two days. He did yell but I was very gentle and we did get it all out eventually. I don't have them on the Xmas tree now!

Hayles:

--- Quote from: littleKitten_(alex) on October 26, 2007, 22:19:04 PM ---Excellent post! These things can't be stressed enough. I always try to be super-vigilent... although I did once find poo-on-a-rope when I emptied Poppy's litter tray... The sneaky girl had somehow managed to find a piece of yarn to swallow - well, it's not easy trying to out-smart a cat! Fortunately, it passed right through. And it did make the job of scooping poo out of the tray extra easy...  :rofl:

Best wished to those cats who are recouperating at the moment.

--- End quote ---

Isn't Poppy beautiful!!! She looks a little like my Chester!!

Chester also has a thing for yarn. I knit and he finds my 'creations' and chews them. i knitted a beautiful scarf that noone can ever wear because Chester chewed it. He then started dragging his bottom on the floor, chairs, tables...any surface really, and miaowing a lot. When we picked him up he had a piece of yarn hanging out of his bottom...it wasn't pleasant for anyone involved. We successfully removed the yarn..and the scarf and he hasn't been able to do it since!!

Daisymac:
Just seen this and has to reply to say the dangers are real,   Lou Lou Flump ate the String from a Roast Beef Joint,  (you know the butchers string that keeps a joint of meat together whilst you are cooking it)   she went into the bin and took out the 'beefy string' and ate it,   24 hours later and over £600 later she was recovering at the vets after the string had wound itself round her stomach,  that was a few years ago now and she is OK now - apart from a very saggy tum !.   We now keep any sort of string out of reach of the cats and any string from the Sunday Roast gets cut into little peices before it is put in the bin.

Also on another note,  the danger of the bits of plastic that keep cans together !,   I saw a cat a few years ago with one of them round his head,   I chop them all apart now before placing them in the rubbish bin x

Gill (sneakiefeline):

--- Quote from: Helen+Sassy on April 21, 2009, 23:03:51 PM ---Another thing: keep your toilet lid closed! (yes really) Cats have been known to fall in head-first and drown because they couldn't get out :shocked:

--- End quote ---

Always do cos I would be scared of that

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version