Author Topic: Hiya.....we're new here  (Read 3241 times)

Offline Felix (Caroline)

• Hero Cat
  • Simba
Re: Hiya.....we're new here
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2007, 16:34:06 PM »
Hiya Jools :Luv:
Caroline xx

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2007, 22:34:57 PM »
 Hi Julie and  :welcome: to Purrs :clap:

Your furry family sounds wonderful ... can't wait to see pics of them.

Sam, Foxy, Zephyr and Rossi xxx
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2007, 21:38:42 PM »
Hi Jools and a warm  :welcome: from me too
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline em1209

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2007, 10:31:50 AM »
Hi Jools and  :welcome:, looking forward to seeing some piccies of your furry family.

I'm sorry to hear about Nora and I'm sure she is having a lovely time chasing butterflies in the sunshine with all our loved and missed babes  :Luv:

Offline jools

• Adult Cat
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2007, 09:49:09 AM »
Nora Cat was such a special girl. It is so difficult to lose something so precious that's been with you almost all of your adult life. She'd been with me through a marriage, the birth of my daughter, a divorce, a second marriage and the birth of my son.

I felt a bit guilty getting a kitten....partly because I felt disloyal to Nora, and party because there are so many older cats in rescue centres. However, mine is such a madhouse (Fifi cat, Bramble and Poppy Spaniels, 2 kids) that I felt it would be best to get a confident kitten.

Daisy came from cat rescue. Her mum had been left behind like an old lampshade when her owners moved house  >:( and was pregnant when cat rescue picked her up.

We were very careful in introducing her to the dogs, and it has paid off. Her and the spaniels have this sort of daily routine: they have a roll on the floor and a mouthing session in my daughter's room in the morning, a general hang out through the day and then a big play fight / chasing session in the evening. Daisy jumps on their backs  :)

Fifi has taken more convincing. She is very much an outdoor cat and likes to spend her days in her summer house (the greenhouse). At one point, she was only coming in to hiss at the kitten and spray on the sofa  >:( Since Daisy has learned to respect queen Fifi, things have been much better. daisy is less in Fifi's face....and Fifi has stopped spraying....which is a bonus!

the main issue we're having with Daisy at the moment is keeping her in the house. She is desperate to get out and tries to sneak into the garden with the dogs!

There's never a dull moment in this house.  ;D
love from Julie, Fifi and Daisy

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2007, 00:11:16 AM »
Hi Julie &  :welcome: to Purrs

It's been 18 years since I had a kitten live with me.....and I'd forgotten a lot about them (like how high they can climb, even when tiny) I am looking forward to getting tips and advice, and hopefully sharing some of my experience of cats, dogs, children and assorted wildlife.

Your furry family sounds great  ;D  Sorry to hear about you losing Nora, I recently lost my cat after almost 19 years together and have just been through 4 months of kitten chaos which is continuing into 'teenage' kitten chaos so I know exactly what you mean!  I'd forgotten what little terrors they can be, wouldn't be without them for the world though  :)

Offline jools

• Adult Cat
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2007, 22:07:42 PM »
Thanks very much everyone for your warm welcome.

Christine - I am very much a country girl at heart....but I live on the edge of Edinburgh. I love all animals....my kids call me the nature freak. I walk my dogs on a huge country estate close to my house and I think I've managed to spot just about every animal native to the U.K in there.

I'm really looking forward to using the forum and chatting with you all.

I shall upload some pix of my girls at the weekend for you all to see.

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2007, 20:20:13 PM »
 :hi: Julie and  :welcome:

Look forward to seeing some pics of your babies and feel free to jump in any time with pearls of wisdom yourself. Heaven knows we all do!  :rofl:

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2007, 20:03:07 PM »
Welcome Julie, we look forward to pix of your babes. ;)

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2007, 17:49:27 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs. I am intrigued by the reference to assorted wildlife - are you a country gal?
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline jetcleo

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Buddy & Daisy
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2007, 17:40:06 PM »
 :welcome: to purrs
Always in my heart RIP Jet, Cleo, Poppy, Oscar & Sydney x

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2007, 16:04:07 PM »
Hiya, and  :welcome: to Purrs  ;D

Hope you enjoy the site, as others have said, its veeeeery addictive lol, and we loves piccies  ;)

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2007, 16:02:28 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs.

Yes this site is addictive, we all love pictures and we all care about cats and understand how much cats mean to all here ;D

Offline LittleLijah

• Senior Cat
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2007, 15:58:06 PM »
Hi Jools and welcome. I'm a newbie too and everyone is really friendly and helpful on the site....and you'll find out soon enough that they love pictures!

Look forward to hearing more about you all.

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2007, 15:55:52 PM »
Hi, Julie... I'm a Julie too! :welcome:

I shall issue the standard warning that this place is addictive.  :evillaugh: There's lots of really friendly types and this is exactly the place to ask for advice on all things puddy tat.  ;)

Look forward to seeing your pics - it's a kind of law that everyone has to plaster as many pics of their furbabes as possible all over the shop.  ;D

Offline jools

• Adult Cat
Hiya.....we're new here
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2007, 15:45:18 PM »
Hi All,

My name is Julie and I am owned by Fifi (11 year old ginger girl) and Daisy (14 weeks black and white lass). Daisy's full, and rather grand title is Daisy Flower Baby, named by my very loved up 4 year old son.

My avatar (poor quality - sorry) is of my darling cat, Nora, who we recently had to have PTS. She was 18. She is pictured with one of my dogs; poppy.

Both Poppy and my other dog, Bramble, are tolerated by Fifi cat. However, Daisy and the dogs are very close and play for hours together.

Fifi and Daisy are both rescue mogs.

It's been 18 years since I had a kitten live with me.....and I'd forgotten a lot about them (like how high they can climb, even when tiny) I am looking forward to getting tips and advice, and hopefully sharing some of my experience of cats, dogs, children and assorted wildlife.

Link to CatChat