Author Topic: Missing cat sheffield black /white!  (Read 7950 times)

Offline claire30

• Adult Cat
  • sweetness itself... sally!
Re: Missing cat sheffield black /white!
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2007, 22:46:56 PM »
Well, more than a month since last post and still no closer! i remember reading a post about a cat who had returned after 16 weeks and thinking "loadsa time yet" but now shes been gone nearly that im getting upset all the time again,
i was thinking,does any one know a good pet medium to reccomend?

Offline claire30

• Adult Cat
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2007, 22:02:46 PM »
Hi Helen
Thanks, i believe its the post i left regarding the cat matching sallys desc with the kittens /litter, i had taken her home, posted her, fed her and then realised she had milk! had to put her back....

i looked on the rspca the other day and a new listings gone on matching sally, im sure it was sheff 5 same as me...Anyway i asked for details and after checking it out adam emailed me back and it turns out after closer inspection that the found cat is male...! not fair!

im keeping on looking and thanks for doing the same,
the more people looking out for each others the better for our missing mogs...
love claire+

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2007, 14:19:47 PM »
Hi Claire

I sponsor a Wizz cats rescue cat and was reading the newsletter when I saw Sally's pic on Wizz's website, she has a link to the RSPCA lost & found site.  It may be one of the cats that you talk about below but I thought I'd post it just in case this one had slipped through...

1386   05/09/2007   Black and White   Entire queen, wearing a collar, friendly, black freckle, semi long haired.

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2007, 07:11:04 AM »
I think if anyone cares enough to report they have found a cat, they understand how much it means to the owner to get it back. If they wanted to keep the cat they would not bother reporting it in the first place. Not that that is any comfort at all... Hope you find her soon and well done you for persisting...

Offline claire30

• Adult Cat
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2007, 23:54:06 PM »
just to keep you updated.......

had a phone call but it wasnt her, tho the cat was lovely and gave me a big hug, it was fat,and collared  must have been owned and just spending time around the bit of waste ground it was seen upon which backed on to houses.

chased up a link posted on rspca site but the cat turned out male apparently  i find my self questioning , what if the finders reported the cat found then changed their minds wanting to keep the cat so put off any poss owners, i guess thats the way it gets you.........
i just wish shed come home

Offline claire30

• Adult Cat
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2007, 23:08:02 PM »
Thanks for your support, as yet... nothing
the cat that the girl found wasnt sally, i brought her back with me tho, she liked my bed....!   untill i realised she was lactating so thought best to pop her back in the garden so the kitties didnt die... we had a good look around but no nest.. the lady is going to continue feeding her, ive contacted wizz about her and reg her on the rspca web found cats........shes very similar to sally VERY but little shorter furr, maybe she belongs to someone as she had a collar, she was v thin but... babies...? maybe someone is unaware that its very wrong to have an un-neautered cat walking around! any way last i checked shes fine.

i had a call from a local man who had been chasing up leads and crossed with my cat, he believed he had come across sally dead at a school locally, ive emailed them a pic but he said the dead cat had a stripy tail, sallys wasnt, poor baby,ill say a prayer for a you +

its great to be able to off load with like minded people, i dont know what id do without this site, its been my strength! love to you all +

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2007, 16:08:25 PM »
Hi Claire and  :welcome:  to Purrs

So sorry that Sally has decided to go walkabout it is an absolute pain in the neck when a puss goes missing.

My Gizmo disappeared last year and there has never been any sightings - I just hope that she found somewhere else to live.
On the other hand I have had a stray who has been with me now for nine years and goodness knows where he came from.

:luck: and keep us posted.
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2007, 15:34:53 PM »
Definatley do not give up hope of finding Sally. 

I have been in contact with the owners of a Siamese who had been missing for 5 weeks and was finally reunited with his Mummy and Daddy last night http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php?topic=7367.0

Keep putting the posters up and follow up all leads.  Are they any empty properties / houses for rent or sale / ... if so check them out ... holler through the letter box and peer through windows ... also check to see if there is a cat flap, sometimes they can be set to in-only by the previous owner and if Sally has gone in she won't be able to get get out.

Good luck .
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline claire30

• Adult Cat
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2007, 15:11:36 PM »
Been postering shops again today locally... did a couple of bus stops too, thinking of trying local busses round my area see if the would have a flyer where you pay when u get on....
a girl has just knocked at the door as i have a poster in my window asking if sally was wearing a pink collar.... she didnt but what if someone took her in and popped one on...then she got out again.... anyway, ive given her a poster for ref and told her about the reward, they are feeding their garden visitor daily so shes going to contact me.god knows how many sites im reg on now....
 everyones prob sick of hearing about sally but i dont care... i need to know and it will be worth it if she turns up as im told often happens!
its been over four weeks now........+

you certainly dont realise what u got till its gone...

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2007, 10:46:55 AM »
Awwww. Good luck finding Sally - she's lovely.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline claire30

• Adult Cat
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2007, 23:55:47 PM »
UPDATE

Hi and thanks all for support..... the cat who was found locally dousnt sound like sally as has black nose but the rescuer said i could nip down and take a look, she didnt have it captive just it visits her garden, herries rd i was told but the address dousnt check out, theres no low numbers like i was given.... so.... ive phoned the rspca back who i have to say, were very fast to contact the lady in the first place giving her my number then they called me to give me her addy, it only took ten mins for me to get my sweaty lil hands on a address where my baby could have been .... only its non  ex histant  so after half a ton of petrol im now waiting for them to let me know if it could have been ave instead of rd etc,,,,, AAARRRGGGHHH!!!
i think ill pop the lady a poster down ect just to satisfy myself.... also i may take note of the cat and get on the lost sites, maybe even convince it to come home with me.....till it can be reunited coz there is nothing worse than trolling all the "found" sites night after night looking for new entries.....

just a thought but when i reg sally missing by phone with the rspca they said there was nothing matching reg with them.... then a week later a link was spotted.. i think it had been reg since 16th aug.... my post went on 25th ish....
never mind, mistakes happen i no but its made me more keen to look for my self now....im even checking the dog found section incase said cat gets listed wrong.....im going mad!

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2007, 01:29:59 AM »
Fingers crossed for you  ;)  :hug:

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2007, 21:22:42 PM »
fingers and toes crossed for you honey...

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2007, 20:28:18 PM »
Good luck 

Offline claire30

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2007, 09:06:29 AM »
Hi
thanks to both of u for advise,
i havent moved tho this has been her only address, i ad a call from a lady at wizz last night, theres a match found on rspca web site, dousnt specify sex but other than that.... so ive emailed for details and ill call in a while.... according to the dates tho, when i called them to report her missing that "find" was already logged..... and they said nothing matching was on there database.....error somewhere is suppose
anyway fingers crossed, and legs and arms and eyes and anything elce...ill keep ya posted.....+

Offline claire30

• Adult Cat
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2007, 09:01:30 AM »
Hello Clare and welcome to Purrs. We are all quite mad here but this forum contains considerable cat wisdom too. Do follow the advice posted below. I once went on holidays, leaving my cats at home with my parents visiting. They must have been houdini cats as they managed to escape from the place where I had left them and took themselves across a busy four-lane highway, up the road, down a side street and straight back to the place where we had lived two years previously. It was over a mile away.

Fortunately my parents were living at my previous address.

When I came back from my holiday I found them there safe and sound. Have you moved in the last couple of years? If so they may have gone there looking for you.

Please do go back and ask around at that old address if this applies to you.

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2007, 06:19:53 AM »
Hello Clare and welcome to Purrs. We are all quite mad here but this forum contains considerable cat wisdom too. Do follow the advice posted below. I once went on holidays, leaving my cats at home with my parents visiting. They must have been houdini cats as they managed to escape from the place where I had left them and took themselves across a busy four-lane highway, up the road, down a side street and straight back to the place where we had lived two years previously. It was over a mile away.

Fortunately my parents were living at my previous address.

When I came back from my holiday I found them there safe and sound. Have you moved in the last couple of years? If so they may have gone there looking for you.

Please do go back and ask around at that old address if this applies to you.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2007, 00:23:35 AM »
What a stunning cat and I hope she comes back home soon.

Sam's fantastic advice if you have lost your babe:-

Here are a few things to try:

1. Posters, Posters, Posters with picture and details with contact number.....hand out to neighbours and anyone you see. Put up in local shops, pubs and supermarkets. Stick to all local lamp posts. (If it rains go and collect them and replace however it's best to put posters in plastic wallets so if it rains they don't go all soggy - the neighbours and council don’t mind you putting them up so much that way).  Also put one in your and friends cars - it amazing how many people see them this way. Make smaller flyers and push through every letterbox on your streets and the surrounding area.   It is a good idea to offer a reward … of course this doesn’t have to be money … a box of cho-colates or a bunch of flowers is just as good.

2. Knock on doors and ask neighbours to check their sheds and garages WHILE YOU WAIT … it's surprising how many people say they will check but as soon as the door is closed they forget.   Knock on 10 doors either side of your house on both sides of the street.

3. Register him lost at all vets/catteries/rescue homes within a 20mile radius.  Follow the link and click on the map to find rescues in your area http://www.catchat.org/adoption/index.html

4. Leave food out and a toy of his

5. Leave out an unwashed item of your clothing

6. Put the contents of your hoover bag on your garden - it’s full of smells that they will recognise and if doesn’t bring him directly to your door will at least hopefully keep him in the area. Alternatively if you have a litter tray that has used put some of the used litter on the garden as this will have familiar smells in it.

7. Contact the local fire brigade and see if they have had to rescue any stuck cats

8. Ask the local children to look - they are great for knowing all the local hidey-holes and love helping. Also have a word with your local post-person and milk man if there is one that delivers in your area.   Also try and enlist the help of people walking dogs as they tend to go “off road” in the fields and parks.

9. Ask the local radio station to announce he’s missing and give out a contact number

10. Put an advert in the local paper

11. Contact your local environmental services dept (bin men) they keep a log of all animals picked on the roadside ... I know this is not a pleasant call to make and hopefully it will come back as negative.

12. Go out after dark when it is quieter with a friend / partner and walk round the local area gently calling every so often (give him a chance to answer you). Keep talking as you walk round that way if he is in the area he will hear you.

13. When you talk to vets and rescues, ask them about any known local feral colonies and where they are based. If Kitty has been missing for more than a few days s/he might have wandered further afield and might be “hanging round” near a colony for security (safety in numbers) and company. If vets/rescues know locations of colonies, these might be useful to get some ideas of where to start looking.

Finally have a look at these sites - they are all EXCELLENT

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php

http://www.mymoggy.com/  contact Sue at mymoggy.

http://thehovel.com/bb/index.php?f=28&ppage=20&sort=lastpost&order=DESC

http://nationalpetregister.org

http://www.soyouhavelostyourcat.co.uk/#1

http://www.petsearchuk.org.uk/

http://www.amissingpet.co.uk/

http://www.animalsearchuk.com/

http://pet-rescue.org.uk/forums/index.php?showforum=308

http://www.lostmycat.org/index.php

http://www.animalrescuers.co.uk/html/lostfound.html

Good luck and stay positive.

Hopefully your little one has just got itself shut in a shed somewhere.

And finally ……. IMPORTANT NOTE: When you get your furbabe back remember to remove ALL the posters and inform all vets / rescues / websites etc that they are home.

Offline claire30

• Adult Cat
Missing cat sheffield black /white!
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2007, 00:19:50 AM »
Hi im Claire and ive lost my black/white cat of 9 yrs Sally
Shes long furred black freckle on nose big bushy tail, really georgeous, she went missing aprox 1st aug while was on holls and mum had come to take care of her.... she just didnt come back in one afternoon.
missing from parson cross sheffield ive done everything i can think of.....posted her on about ten sites, phoned to many places to list rspca etc and insisted they record her details and mine, posted vets and mythered neighbours, even phoned street force..... nothing..... i feel empty, just want her back so badly, and i cant help feeling that she thinks i left her, thats why she went off
any ideas would be great or even just a catty chat!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 00:21:07 AM by claire30 »

Link to CatChat