Cat Health & Behaviour > Health & Behaviour General

Mr Baggins and conjuntivitis ...

(1/1)

carl (billy and baggys dad):
Thanks very much for the advice. His eye had improved last night, and was still ok this morning.

My hand however is ripped to bits. Bilbo clearly doesn't like having eye ointment applied   :shy:

Gill (sneakiefeline):
I actually found it improved very quickly but then there are different types of conjuntiviteous and depends of meds given, I was given drops and also how bad it is.

But do keep a check on it and if no improvement in 4 to 5 dyas defo go back.

Christina:
Hi there,
            Ive just been to the vet this week for my 8 yr old boy, Mo, for conjunctivitis too. Hes had it quite afew times, and i generally find that once we start applying the ointment given by the vet, it takes about 3-4 days before there is an improvement.
If there is improvement after a week, i would take them back to the vet though, as i was told by my vet that it could signify a problem with the cornea if theres no improvement. Hope this helps!

carl (billy and baggys dad):
On Friday night we noticed that Mr Baggins had his eye slightly closed, and had some small amount of discharge from it. In a fit of panic I phoned the emergency vet, to be told it was probably conjunctivitis and to get him to the surgery the next day.

Next morning found us at the vets with Baggins and Bilbo too (to be checked over in case). Just as suspected, it was conjunctivitis - BUT Bilbo's conjunctiva was starting to redden, so it was a tube of ointment for the pair of them.

How long should it be before we notice an improvement? We're applying it twice a day, but Baggins' eye still seems to be giving him a slight problem ...

Ta very much  :thanks:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version