Cat Health & Behaviour > For FIV & FELV babes

How to care for an FIV+ cat

<< < (2/17) > >>

Ela:

--- Quote ---Also I have posted another topic on steroids I woud like to know if any others have had cats on them long term please
--- End quote ---

My Jessica is constantly on steroids, while we know they can cause internal organ problems they are along with tablets that are licenced for dogs are the only thing thats stops her bum being  like a cows backside. We are in a catch 22 really. She is 17ish now and a happy little soul so we will keep her going as long as she continues to be happy.

carole1b:
thanks vrey much. Also I have posted another topic on steroids I woud like to know if any others have had cats on them long term please. xxx

Christine (Blip):
Carole, I noticed that no-one had replied to your question about the funny coloured poos so I have split it off into a new topic called FIV+ cat with oddly coloured faeces - advice needed please as I think it was lost in this thread.  I trust you will get more response that way  :hug:

carole1b:
well he seems fine the last day or so still running about and eating well without the steroids so fingers crossed it was just a little blip.

Turbogirlie:
If you do have to take him back, please ask for them to check for anaemia.

Know steroids aren't good but, with Fizz, managed with antibiotics at the first sign of being off colour, has brought him round fabulously.  However, each patient is different.

Fingers crossed for you both. :hug:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version