Cat Health & Behaviour > Health & Behaviour General

Being silly but i'm really scared

(1/3) > >>

Ela:

--- Quote --- would also ask for the head vet to do the op
--- End quote ---

If you want to do that I would have thought you would have to enquire when booking the op who is on rota to operate on a certain date.

Claire M:
 :) I would also ask for the head vet to do the op,and if the other vet wanted to know why I would tell him in no uncertain terms that I did not trust him to do the op after what happened to your friend's kitten,and maybe he will take it on board and take more care in the future,so don't feel guilty you are quite within your rights!! All the best for the day,I'm sure your kits will be just fine!! Luv,Claire and Felix x

Ela:

--- Quote ---miss monatering
--- End quote ---

If that were the case then although very sad they vet will have learned a valuable lesson. Only once in 16 yrs have I heard of a cat passing away while under anaesthetic at my vets, (more at others) and that was due to a heart defect. Nowadays anaesthetics are very safe and most vets are experienced enough to know which one to use. This is also a reason why many vets always ask if you want pre op bloods to ensure all the internal organs are OK and then they can decide which anaesthetic and if a cat/kitten needs a drip. during the anaesthetic. We don't have all cats pre op blood tested, just the older ones and any the vet feels are at risk.

Hippykitty:
If you are concerned about the anaesthetic, ask the vet about different types. One of my old ladies had an op about 18mth ago and was given one designed for old cats/dogs, to bring them round more quickly. She was fine. Maybe chat to vet about this.
Also, ask your vet to give you a ring after the op to tell you how it went. My vet did this after Polly's op. This would put your mind at rest and prevent you waiting and worrying about your kitten.
I suspect it's the alcohol in Frontline which irritates eyes, and that flushing it out with water is all that's necessary.
Good luck.
Relax - your cat will pick up your nervous vibes.

Michelle (furbabystar):
Thanks Guys for all your messages about the Op and the Frontline.

RE: the frontline
His eye rim went quiet red and it was bothering him so i got hubby to hold him while i flushed it out with running water. He seems ok now
I also read the packet and although it does say "avoid contact with eyes" it doesnt say what to do or whether to call a vet !!  I think thats quiet bad actually.

Fingers crossed for tuesday then - God i will be a basket case all day and theres no way i will be able to wait till 3 to ring the vets, i will prob drive them mad ringing every hour lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version