Author Topic: Bengal / Savannah cats interest  (Read 1675 times)

Offline Ash75

• Adult Cat
Re: Bengal / Savannah cats interest
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2007, 18:29:26 PM »
oops I may have sent approximately a million copies of a PM to you Linda, I thought my Internet browser had stuck .. sorry   :-[
Life moves pretty fast and if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it

Offline Linda (Bengalbabe)

• Hero Cat
  • Gayzette Minerva
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2007, 17:57:55 PM »
Hi Ash  :Luv:

Welcome to the forum! I am the resident bengal nut here LOL - have mmmmmm forgot how many now LOL  ;)

Its really good that you are doing your research on the breed, too many people just decide to get one because of the look.  In terms of reference material I would point you to the Bengal Cat Forum (if you type this into google you will get the link).  You will meet lots of bengal lovers and owners here both breeders and pet lovers alike  :Luv:  There are lots of posts on behaviour, nutrition, general topics etc.  Great source of information.

In terms of special requirements, I think the one thing that I would say to you is they do have high energy requirements and want lots of social contact.  You need to ensure you can create the right environment for them indoors (would never recommend letting a bengal cat out to roam).  If you are out all day working (which most of us are) I would consider a pair of kittens rather than one.  A bored bengal can be a destructive bengal, not always the case but it can happen!

Bengals can get along with other cats just fine.  Its really a personality thing as much as anything I think (oh and of course whether or not your resident cats can keep up with them LOL).

I am happy to answer any specific questions you have on bengals.  Just drop me a PM  ;)

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2007, 16:53:42 PM »
I found the trouble with doing too much homework was all the conflicting information on the web and in books,  one thing is for sure - they are addictive !! ;D
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2007, 15:39:42 PM »
It's nice to see someone doing their homework before getting a bengly.  We will of course require pictures when you get one  ;D

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2007, 10:48:05 AM »
Oooooo  a serval...now we're talking  :Luv:

Offline Ash75

• Adult Cat
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2007, 10:31:03 AM »
yes i have read they are quite susceptible to the dribbles.  Ive tried to do as much home-work as i can on them but a lot of the sites seem to be aimed towards breeders and show cats but  Im not interested in that side of things. I just think they are gorgeous!!!   my first choice would be a Serval, they are just soooo beautiful but we can all wish cant we!?
Its one of the reasons I loove cats so much, even though they are a domesticated pet they never lose that wildness unlike (now dont shout at me for this any dog lovers) dogs.  To have a miniature big cat looking puss retaining some of that wildness I think is just something amazing.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 10:36:33 AM by Ash75 »
Life moves pretty fast and if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2007, 10:19:07 AM »
I'm sure once Linda (BengalBabe) see's your post she will be able to tell youj everything you need to know about Benglies .... she has 6 of them (or is it 7 now ... not sure :innocent:)
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2007, 10:13:06 AM »
Hi, we have just introduced 2 Bengal babies to my other 4 furbabies and we had no problems at all, they settled straight in and apart from Bengly Bums weve had no problems at all  :welcome:
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Ash75

• Adult Cat
Bengal / Savannah cats interest
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2007, 02:03:26 AM »
first I want to thank you for the pleasant welcome  :thanks:
ok here goes.. my first post here..
After seeing some pictures a while back I am very interested in maybe getting either a Bengal or a Savannah cat, probably a Bengal because from what I've seen Savannah's are quite a bit more expensive.  They are both stunningly beautiful animals and I've read they don't require any special licenses unlike the Serval (oooooh) and Leopard cats (Aaaaaaahhhh).
I've seen a few people on here that have Bengal's and I was wondering if there are any special requirements for these type of cats?
Also is it correct that they can be introduced to normal(?) cats at home.

Ash

Link to CatChat