Author Topic: Hurray - kylie loves her Hill's r/d!  (Read 2672 times)

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
  • SwampMax happy on their sunny French balcon 05!
Re: Hurray - kylie loves her Hill's r/d!
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2007, 12:48:55 PM »

The owner is as well - he has been here 40 years though  ;D
[/quote]

VRYSTAAT!!!!  :evillaugh:  oh heck, I sound like my father in law who yells that whenever he sees any Professional Saffies at the airport (you know, the ones in Springbok jerseys that make you cross the road....).

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2007, 11:15:17 AM »
good news; hope she stays keen on it!  Mine really liked r/d too. good luck with the large Saffie vet! They are pretty well trained out there; you have to really want to be a vet as they put the one vet university in the bush - place called Onderstepoort.
My vet's also a Saffie (although a lot smaller lol) - pure chance.

The owner is as well - he has been here 40 years though  ;D
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Mojo

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2007, 10:24:00 AM »
Glad she likes it!  ;D She'll fit into her gold hotpants in no time!  :evillaugh:

That is always one thing that never fails to make me laugh. Imagining Chutney in a pair of hotpants dancing like the Bacardi cat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x47vAoY8Gs4

Ha ha love it  :rofl:

Add Glitter to Pictures

R.I.P My beautiful Mango xx 13/05/2006 - 01/11/2009

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
  • SwampMax happy on their sunny French balcon 05!
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2007, 09:50:50 AM »
good news; hope she stays keen on it!  Mine really liked r/d too. good luck with the large Saffie vet! They are pretty well trained out there; you have to really want to be a vet as they put the one vet university in the bush - place called Onderstepoort.
My vet's also a Saffie (although a lot smaller lol) - pure chance.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2007, 07:56:43 AM »
Fingers crossed she continues to enjoy it, even though I didn't rate it when I used it for Tom. Tricky with teh vet - I used the rescues vet for a while, despite them being further away, and then changed back to my own, and have used the rescue's vet a few times, and they haven't been off with me for not taking mine to them (although I haven't told them I have left, just haven't been back since!!)
Please spay your cat

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2007, 00:11:13 AM »
The only reason to stay is because they are the CP vet - the one next door is cheap & really good - one of the vets, peter  a 6' 4" South African guy has always been very good with sparrows, pigeons etc and refused payment when I 1st went there for de-clumping kylies back (when she was xxl) also removed 2 of claptons teeth for £80. They also have free puppy training - not that I will ever get a dog - I like them but not enough to want one  :evillaugh: (too needy  :evillaugh: )

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2007, 19:04:35 PM »
yep all good reasons for staying.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2007, 17:38:05 PM »
The vet next door is very friendly now. I was chatting with the head partner out the back the other day. Its just that its a bit odd changing back. Also my vet is the one Sharon uses so it would be uncomfortable taking/collecting CP cats if my own are going somewhere else. Bit of a situation really - I would like to use the one next door for plenty of reasons, cheaper, nearer, handy for prescription food, handy for emergencies etc.

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2007, 17:34:36 PM »
time to change vets methinks. but bit tricky where you are .........

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2007, 17:31:50 PM »
yew, nothing worse than patronising behaviour really. If they would explain why they felt differently to you that would be fine because then you could have a discussion and a reasoned explanation. But when they dismiss you out of hand it is just downright rude, patronising and arrogant.

I would assume he gets a better commission from RC  :sneaky:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2007, 17:29:47 PM »
Fingers crossed!
Although, she will like it or lump it - I have enough pandering to Clapton's faddiness but he has an excuse. Also Willow will only eat Sheba game flavour morsels in gravy + about 2 ounces of dry a day - I can't buy it in singles as it only comes in a 4 pack with other flavours. The vet said if she loses any more weight, we will have to look at her diet  :( - What happened to moggies that ate what you put on their plate?   :tired:
« Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 17:30:34 PM by Mark »

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2007, 17:15:42 PM »
thats great mark, for those who like hills dry ive never found the r/d much of a problem even though it clearly has less fat content than normal and this is what makes food very palatable for cats.
I dont know if rc is that much better quality, probably even stevens i'd say.

hope she continues to like it though.

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2007, 17:11:14 PM »
Glad she likes it!  ;D She'll fit into her gold hotpants in no time!  :evillaugh:
You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2007, 17:07:39 PM »
yew, nothing worse than patronising behaviour really. If they would explain why they felt differently to you that would be fine because then you could have a discussion and a reasoned explanation. But when they dismiss you out of hand it is just downright rude, patronising and arrogant.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Hurray - kylie loves her Hill's r/d!
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2007, 17:02:39 PM »
When I spoke to the vet a couple of weeks ago, I said I wanted her to go on obesity food but as she has always eaten Hill's, I thought it would be a good idea for her to go on Hills obesity food. In his usual dismissive way, he gave me 2 sample bags of RC obesity (after trying to sell me a full size bag  >:( )
As I thought, she wouldn't eat it so I just rang the receptionist the other day and ordered the r/d. I gave some to kylie just now and she wolfed it down the same way she does with Hills light. If anything, she seems to prefer it to regular hills that she has been eating since the light ran out (didn't want to get more light as she was going on the diet no question) The vet should have listened to my argument instead of fobbing me off!  >:( - The good thing is, prescription dry still works out cheaper than regular wet. I would have happily given her RC or any other brand as I'm sure its better quality than Hill's. I would also happily feed her wet - BUT we all know our cats better than anyone else, including the vet  :evillaugh:
« Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 17:03:06 PM by Mark »

Link to CatChat