Author Topic: Fizz  (Read 4488 times)

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
Re: Fizz
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2007, 14:42:18 PM »
I had missed this before - really pleased that Fizz and her kittens are back together again.  What a beautiful little family they are!
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2007, 22:09:22 PM »
Awwwww I am so happy that the mum accepted the kittens back! they are all gorgeous  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:
Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2007, 13:34:10 PM »
Great news  ;D

Although he must be full to bursting point now  :scared:

btw - I was in Lidl yesterday and they have the biggest selection of tinned & packed fish you can imagine. They have filleted sardines in tomato sauce if you don't like bones (I wish I could get clapton to eat the boney ones as I think calcium is a natural phosphorus binder?)
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2007, 12:36:19 PM »
OMG, Fizz looks the spit of Pingu in that piccie  :Luv:  :Luv:  I'm so pleased they're all together again, well done Ron  :blow kiss:  :cuddle:  Those little kittens are scrummy  :cccooorrr:

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2007, 12:33:52 PM »
That really is fantastic news   ;D

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2007, 12:13:13 PM »
aaaahhhhhhhhh excellent to see them together again...

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2007, 12:10:26 PM »
Mum and babies together!!

:Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2007, 10:25:32 AM »
It worked!! Ron followed friend's advice and using a damp cloth to rub both mum and babies. He fell asleep at 4am woke at 5 and babies were suckling off mum! Mum's giving them a good old wash now. I'll see if he can get me a picture.

:yayyy:  :yayyy:  :yayyy:

Brilliant news, I'm really pleased, xxxxxxxxx

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2007, 10:23:27 AM »
Excellent news PB - mothers milk is best!!

Recipe for Blackcat and Auferstehen:

Lightly toast slices of Ciabatta. Arrange sardines in tomato sauce over the slices. Sprinkle with grated mature chedder. Grill until golden brown. Serve with ground black pepper and chopped fresh coriander.  :blow kiss:

Yummmmmmmmm will try that once i get the sardines (mind you, I hear esther has  a penchant for sardines so there may be a competition as to who gets to them first  :rofl: :rofl:

We didnt' have a coffee maker or press when I came over, have since fixed that and have found flavored coffee as well (i'd been missing that)

Ah yes, always a problem. I have a plastic funnel-shaped thing that you put paper filters in. It goes with me everywhere, does not break like plungers and is very light so does not add to excess baggage. I also have around 5 plungers (cafetiers to you English) as I tend to buy one as soon as I land in a semi-permanent place. Have found a great shop at Bluewater that does free trade coffee and the colombian is divine!!

Offline Sabrina (Auferstehen)

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2007, 09:42:12 AM »
Really glad the kittens are back with the mom.

We didnt' have a coffee maker or press when I came over, have since fixed that and have found flavored coffee as well (i'd been missing that).

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2007, 09:38:06 AM »
 :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

It worked!! Ron followed friend's advice and using a damp cloth to rub both mum and babies. He fell asleep at 4am woke at 5 and babies were suckling off mum! Mum's giving them a good old wash now. I'll see if he can get me a picture.

Anyone want a kitten or 2 - ready in about a month?  :evillaugh:

:yayyy: :yayyy: :yayyy:

Recipe for Blackcat and Auferstehen:

Lightly toast slices of Ciabatta. Arrange sardines in tomato sauce over the slices. Sprinkle with grated mature chedder. Grill until golden brown. Serve with ground black pepper and chopped fresh coriander.  :blow kiss:
« Last Edit: July 26, 2007, 10:09:54 AM by Pinkbear »

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2007, 09:18:29 AM »
instant coffee ............ :sick: Sorry, but not in this house!!! And the shelving is arranged according to no logic known to human-kind. Can never figure out in which shelf things might be held, so spend hours wandering around in a dazed fashion. Still, now I have discovered Ocado, I think I will stick to that approach for the heavy stuff and just pick up fresh stuff on an as-needs basis .......

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2007, 09:15:10 AM »
thanks - still coming to grips with shopping here - brands and packaging all different - very confusing for this poor colonial oik :Crazy:

I still have that problem and I've been here 3 years.

First time I tried to buy instant coffee here I had to ask another customer.

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2007, 09:01:13 AM »
thanks - still coming to grips with shopping here - brands and packaging all different - very confusing for this poor colonial oik :Crazy:

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2007, 08:40:20 AM »
yummmmmmmmm would work for me - I haven't had sardines in tomato sauce since i was a kid!! where do you get them???

Sainsbury's near the tuna...

I still find it hard to believe people eat those. The cats wouldn't leave me alone once I opened the tin.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2007, 08:06:24 AM »
Fingers crossed for a positive outcome.
Please spay your cat

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2007, 00:24:26 AM »
Pinkbear, I've pm'd you.  He needs to get them on kitten food and some kmr, either Cimicat or Lactol, if he can't get any, I'll shove some Royal Canin kitten milk in the post tomorrow for him with instructions.  Don't leave in with mum unsupervised!!  The problem being now, she has been spayed and her milk will be dried up.......this can come back if she's stimulated but that will only happen if the kittens latch on.  The kittens are still very young so I wouldn't worry at the moment at them being unhandleable, they will tame down.   When Ron is feeding them, tell him to give them gentle little strokes and talk to them quietly, they should end up cuddly within minutes.  The hissing is just fear with them........if it was me, I'd get hold of them one by one, and just cuddle and stroke them.  Tell him not to be frightened, and when picking them up, it won't hurt to scruff them if he's worried about them biting but support their bum whilst doing so.  I really wish I was closer so I could give him a hand.......it's sooo bloody frustrating!!!  Poor mum  :'(

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2007, 23:22:03 PM »
Well, the problem is these kits are exactly the same age and circumstances as my dear Tigger (R.I.P.). At 5 weeks, if they don't start interacting with mum or Ron, they'll turn a bit feral, which they are doing already...  :scared: And being in the cattery with the others isn't helping. Ron doesn't have the time for 1-2-1 care of these babies to bring them round - he's got 17 other cats, Silver and her babies... and reports of a pregnant mum wandering the area!  :-:

I can see I'm just gonna have to go down there, aren't I?  :shify:

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2007, 23:12:57 PM »
yummmmmmmmm would work for me - I haven't had sardines in tomato sauce since i was a kid!! where do you get them???

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2007, 23:11:00 PM »
Bring out the sardines in tomato sauce, they'll adopt Ron as their mom :)

Well it seems to have worked with my one foster kitten Harley.

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2007, 19:36:16 PM »
Well, it turns out uncle Ron was given the wrong information. Fizz's babies were not 8 days old, but 5 weeks! She had moved them a few sheds along. Which leaves us with a problem...

Fizz will not accept the babies back, and the babies are showing signs of going feral. They hiss when Ron's approaches.

:notlisten: :o

« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 19:39:04 PM by Pinkbear »

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2007, 11:02:33 AM »
Poor little soul .... some people are sick  >:( >:(

I'm sure uncle Ron will be giving her lots of TLC and her new home won't be long in coming  :Luv: :Luv:
« Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 11:02:44 AM by Sam (Fussy_Furball) »
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2007, 10:17:36 AM »
Awwww, poor Fizz. :hug: I'm sending her lots of fuss and hoping she finds somewhere wonderful to live soon. :)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2007, 09:42:54 AM »
Aw, she's lovely  :Luv: :Luv:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Cleo

• Kitten
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2007, 01:25:22 AM »
That is horrible, who would do such a thing?!  Stealing baby kittens from their mum.  WHAT KIND OF PEOPLE ARE OUT THERE?!?
It really shows how much animals are superior to us...sorry, just my personal conclusions

Good luck adorable Fizz girl...

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2007, 22:57:13 PM »
Aw bless  :hug:

She will hopefully feel alot happier now she's been done and is lodging at lovely uncle Ron's place  :Luv:

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
Fizz
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2007, 22:24:10 PM »
Ron has yet another sad pussy cat on his hands.

This is Fizz. I gather she was being cared for by some kind folks before Ron could take her on. Fizz had a litter of kittens, but when the babies were 8 days old, they were stolen by vandels.  >:( >:( Fizz has been inconsolable.  :'(

He's had her spayed now, but this puss is estimated to be 5-6 years old. How many others has she given birth to  :(

« Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 22:25:59 PM by Pinkbear »

Link to CatChat