Author Topic: Volunteer for Surrey Area  (Read 7550 times)

Offline Beanie

• Senior Cat
  • Beanie
Re: Volunteer for Surrey Area
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2006, 00:14:50 AM »
Hi Lulu,

I sent you an email in reply to yours. Did you receive it?
Owning a cat is a lifetime partnership.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." Mahatma Ghandi

"I am in favour of animal rights as well as human rights. That is the way of a whole human being." - Abraham Lincoln

Offline Beanie

• Senior Cat
  • Beanie
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2006, 14:35:28 PM »
Hi Lulu,

Could you send me an email just outlining what you had in mind? Time available? Type of help that you would consider, etc?

I have thoughts which might help rescues in Sutton, Wallington, Worcester Park, Epsom and Croydon. All close by. Do you have your own set of wheels? is the preference for cats, wildlife etc or any animal?
 :thanks:

email: mognificent7@aol.com
Owning a cat is a lifetime partnership.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." Mahatma Ghandi

"I am in favour of animal rights as well as human rights. That is the way of a whole human being." - Abraham Lincoln

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2006, 13:37:11 PM »
wanted to do something similar.  I am in Somerset and contacted our CP and they kept saying they would get back to me and sort something, I have now given up

Please don't give up, I was in exactly in the same position, perhaps you could ask the Co-ordinators number.  Some groups have different  people answering the phones and perhaps your offer was not passed on.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Marie

• Senior Cat
  • Maisy and Tommy
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2006, 13:32:31 PM »
LuLu

I wanted to do something similar.  I am in Somerset and contacted our CP and they kept saying they would get back to me and sort something, I have now given up.  Whilst like you I could not foster, I would willingly do driving, train for home vists or help with fundraising.  It is a shame we are in the wrong areas when there are people like Ela out there who would be glad of our help (although it is obv good for the cats as I assume we don't have a lot of cats in rescue)!
Marie, Maisy and Tommy xxx

Offline LuLu

• Adult Cat
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2006, 12:07:13 PM »
ela - I'm afraid my OH is a life long London boy & any mention of a move north would have him in a hissy fit that would give Audrey a run for her money  :rofl:

becca - I'm not sure what a cat hotel is but presumably is a kennel type facility for outside?  I'd have to think carefully on this.  As much as I'd love to have some extra creatures to take care of, our garden is fully paved & while Audrey is primarily an indoors cat she is not adverse to taking a turn outside & seeing who has been visiting.  I think she may be threatened with others present while she was outside. 

Offline Beccles

• Distinguished Cat
  • Daphne and Elettra born 18.06.06, Figaro 23.08.07
    • My weblog: Comprehension Dawns
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2006, 11:05:51 AM »
LuLu - nice one for offering, I'm SURE someone will take you up on that sooner or later!

Could you in theory have outside fostercats if Cats Protection provided you with a 'cat hotel'?
Spaying and neutering saves lives.
Nobody has a right to own a cat. It's a privilege.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006, 10:41:45 AM »
Can you move to Chesterfield please?
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline LuLu

• Adult Cat
Volunteer for Surrey Area
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006, 10:31:16 AM »
Hello, with all the wonderful work that most of you seem to be doing with fostering etc, I thought I would offer my services.  If anyone knows of a rescue or shelter in the Surrey area (I live in Sutton) I would be happy to volunteer time etc to help. Unfortunately I cannot act as a foster home as mine is a one cat home.  Anyone with any contacts please let me know. :thanks:

Link to CatChat