Author Topic: 'There's a long-haired, bedraggled, kitten in the garden!'  (Read 1501 times)

ccmacey

Re: 'There's a long-haired, bedraggled, kitten in the garden!'
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2007, 19:26:18 PM »
If the cat is going back could you not ask to keep it? Just a thought.  :)

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
Re: 'There's a long-haired, bedraggled, kitten in the garden!'
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2007, 16:56:47 PM »
Turns out it was a new addition of hers and not a kitten at all, but a very ancient, deaf, frail thing that had a broken tail from a rta recently, that her Mum or Sister had rescued.

Honestly!  The poor thing had gone awol, it was pouring with rain and she hadn't even bothered looking for it - didn't really want to hand it back, but apparently, it's going back to it's original owner, as it's too traumatised round hers (bit of an understatement).

Oh, what a shame, pity you couldnt have kept it 'hidden' in the cellar for a bit longer and found a nice home for it yourself!  :evillaugh: because it doesnt sound like the original owner was bothered about where it ended up, poor little soul.

Offline Jasmine

• Hero Cat
'There's a long-haired, bedraggled, kitten in the garden!'
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2007, 16:43:07 PM »
'...shall I get it in?'

This is what my OH said to me at lunchtime today.

I couldn't believe it, never seen it before, looked very sickly, so quarantined it in the cellar.
It could barely stand, so rung the vets for an emergency appointment, then just decided to check with next door neighbour (who's new 14 week old kitten had escaped into ours last week).

Turns out it was a new addition of hers and not a kitten at all, but a very ancient, deaf, frail thing that had a broken tail from a rta recently, that her Mum or Sister had rescued.

Honestly!  The poor thing had gone awol, it was pouring with rain and she hadn't even bothered looking for it - didn't really want to hand it back, but apparently, it's going back to it's original owner, as it's too traumatised round hers (bit of an understatement).

Have made a mental note, not to call on her for any cat sitting duties in the future!

Link to CatChat