Author Topic: Lots of news!  (Read 4441 times)

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Lots of news!
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2007, 22:21:19 PM »
I love that the kittens are snuggling Tigger already. Brilliant! Congratulations on your new addition, Karen. :)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Ellie

• Super Cat
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2007, 21:41:51 PM »
Hi Karen just found this thread  ;D

What wonderful news and Tigger is gorgeous  :Luv:

Haven't the kittens grown bless their wee paws  :Luv:

What about Bagheera could have Baggy for short  :evillaugh:

Offline ChrisB

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • Gizmo, Bubbles, Cleo, Daisy and Ellie
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2007, 21:18:22 PM »
What wonderful pictures - they are all gorgeous.   It is amazing how well Tigger has settled in - many of us wait weeks/months/sometimes never for them to all get along so well - I am so pleased for you all - you deserve it.
Unconditional love is hard to find unless you have a cat

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2007, 09:58:02 AM »
Baloo ?
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2007, 09:43:52 AM »
Tigger is ggggrrreatttt! Looks totally at home with the kittens.  ;D

Oh dear! Suggest you call 'Belle' something which sounds similar as s/he will have become used to the sound of that name. What about Bill? There must be a disney Bill.
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline Catjane

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2007, 23:45:44 PM »
I am so pleased for you Karen! :)  Tigger is a wonderful addition to your family, and seems such a laid back lad!  He's gorgeous!  Glad the kittens are doing well, too :)

How's about calling Belle the male equivalent (sort of).... Beau?  After all, he IS a beautiful boy!  :Luv:

Offline Linda (Bengalbabe)

• Hero Cat
  • Gayzette Minerva
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2007, 20:03:50 PM »
Fantastic news Karen, so pleased for you and your new baby  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:  The kittens are looking wonderful, well done you  :Luv:

ccmacey

« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2007, 12:26:45 PM »
Tigger is gorgeous, love his pink nose. The kittys are gorgeous too.  :Luv:

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2007, 10:57:52 AM »
Aw, Tigger is just gorgeous, and as everyone else has said already, he looks like he's been with you for years  :Luv:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2007, 10:49:07 AM »
WOW Karen..He's gorgeous (well we knew he would be LOL)

I cannot believe how relaxed and comfortable he looks with those babies, You'd think he'd always been with them  :Luv:  Looks like He will the positive adult influence you were wanting  :)

Really pleased for you and Tigger and best of all his old owner can have comfort knowing he hasnt had to go into a kennel.

Well done hun, i do hope it carries on as wonderfully as it has started  :hug:

Offline rosiesmum

• Senior Cat
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2007, 10:21:51 AM »
Tigger is gorgeous, glad they have all settled well together!

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2007, 23:52:59 PM »
I love Tigger and the kittewns are huge now  :rofl: :rofl:

So pleased they are getting on so well  ;D

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2007, 22:55:11 PM »
Ugh, don't tell me things like this, Helen. It is M&S actually so the manager's name would be good. Thank you much :)

Have sent you a PM...

Offline fluffycloud123

• Distinguished Cat
  • monkey and jaspers mummy xx
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2007, 22:53:35 PM »
 :rofl: im glad i aint the only one who makes these lil "errors"

jasper is a girlie as apposed to a boy which we first thought, however shes staying with that name as my otherhalf doesnt like minimouse which i wanted to call her :rofl:

Offline karenjet

• Distinguished Cat
  • Miss Jasmine <3 (R.I.P Special girl)
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2007, 22:44:57 PM »
Ugh, don't tell me things like this, Helen. It is M&S actually so the manager's name would be good. Thank you much :)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2007, 22:40:03 PM »
I'm gonna feel a right eedjit ringing the insurance to tell them she's a he!

Good Luck!  When I rang M&S about Lucas first of all the woman said, 'fine, no problem' she would amend it but then 10 days later they rang me and said that I couldn't amend the policy as it was a different risk for male/female kitten so they had to treat it as being a different animal. I repeatedly pointed out it was the same animal but that I was not an expert on sexing young kittens and as such did not doubt it when I was told he was a girl.  After lots of to-ing and fro-ing they said it would be OK as long as he had been seen/treated by a vet who believed him to be a girl, I then pointed out that 5 years at vet school plus however many years practicing as a vet might give the vet the heads up as to the sex of an animal so they didn't treat Lucas as a girl as they immediately spotted he was a boy  :innocent:

To cut a long story short I ended up speaking to the manager and he spoke to the underwriters who still said I couldn't amend the policy but that instead they would start a new policy but backdate cover to when the original policy started and I wouldn't have to wait the two week qualifying period for him to be covered.

If your insurance is with M&S I can PM you the name of the manager I spoke to...

Offline karenjet

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2007, 22:24:54 PM »
Haha, thanks for all the suggestions. I'd love to keep calling him Belle, we'll see I suppose. I'm gonna feel a right eedjit ringing the insurance to tell them she's a he!

Offline Reynard

• Super Cat
  • Pearl & Poppy
    • Post 14 Digital Motorsport Photography
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2007, 22:21:05 PM »
Well... In my favourite series of sci-fi novels, there is a character called Bel Thorne.

Bel is the hermaphrodite ship's captain of the Ariel for the Dendarii Free Mercenaries - might just work, all you need to do is chop the last two letters off.  :rofl:

Good for you to give Tigger a home - he's gorgeous!  ;D And my, haven't the kittens grown!  :Luv:
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 22:23:45 PM by Reynard »

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2007, 20:45:01 PM »
Wow, he is lovely!! The kittens have grown so much too. Congrats on the new addition, glad he is getting on so well with the kittens.
Please spay your cat

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2007, 20:23:45 PM »
or Belvedere  :evillaugh:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2007, 20:15:54 PM »
Hi Karen,

WOW haven't the babies grown.  Tigger looks wonderful and seems to have settled in so well.

What can't Belle keep his name (you can just tell people it's short for Bellemy ... I know it's not a Disney name but at least you won't have to change)
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2007, 19:24:57 PM »
I think Belle just might be having gender issues, Tiggy's mum, everybody agrees with me that she looks girly. I need to get used to seeing her as a boy for a few days to find a name that suits her  :-:

I'm confused  :Crazy: Do you mean Belle is a boy? I would never make that mistake with a kitten's sex  :evillaugh:

:evillaugh: of course not Helen!

Karen they look wonderful.  Belo (pretty boy)..then again..could give him more of a gender crisis than before :rofl:

Well done on Tigger, he's settled in well.  So pleased for you honey. It was meant to be.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2007, 18:52:45 PM »
I think Belle just might be having gender issues, Tiggy's mum, everybody agrees with me that she looks girly. I need to get used to seeing her as a boy for a few days to find a name that suits her  :-:

I'm confused  :Crazy: Do you mean Belle is a boy? I would never make that mistake with a kitten's sex  :evillaugh:

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2007, 18:51:31 PM »
My brother-in-law had a female cat named Kevin - a name she proudly bore for 17 years. Mind you, she was a little confused poor girl ... :-:

Offline Lyn-Su

• Senior Cat
  • Fearne
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2007, 18:51:30 PM »
hmm Disney names -

Krunk (The Emperor's New Groove is one of my favourite films  :evillaugh:)
Tipo
Bucky
Christopher Robin
Roo
Basil (The Great Mouse Detective)
Bernard
Berlioz (Kittens in The Aristocats)
Toulouse
Sergeant Tibbs (101 dalmations - but the name of a cat character)
Todd (Fox and the Hound)

Ok, that's all I can think of for now.

Ps: I :Luv: Tigger, he's gorgeous

Offline karenjet

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2007, 18:46:45 PM »
He is such a good boy. I'm amazed too, cos with everything the vet said, and what I've read online he shouldn't really be going near them yet. It's more the kittens wanting to be near him, than him with them but he's so good. Meeko doesn't really go near him, seems wary so is staying away.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2007, 18:35:53 PM »
  :coolpics: Tigger is lovely and great news they all get on so well  ;D

How about Billy - closest name to Belle?
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2007, 18:26:59 PM »
Fantastic news  ;D  Tigger is adorable, how relaxed is he already doing the tummy flip for the photo and snuggling up to the kittens  :)  Have I missed something about Belle, is she having gender issues?  :-:

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2007, 18:18:05 PM »
What a smooch.  ;D ;D And cuddling up to the kittens straight away - how amazing :wow:.

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2007, 18:17:20 PM »
Tigger is gorgeous  :Luv:  And aren't those kittens getting big!!  I love that pic of Tigger with Belle (who isn't really a belle  :rofl: )

Offline Sabrina (Auferstehen)

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2007, 18:15:47 PM »
Yay for Tigger finding a new home!

Glad the kittens are doing well even if one needs to be renamed ;)

Tigger really looks settled, I can't believe how quick he's gotten on with the kittens. My two girls aren't that nice.

Offline karenjet

• Distinguished Cat
Lots of news!
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2007, 18:13:09 PM »
We have a new addition to the cat family! An elderly neighbour of my aunt was taken into a nursing home at the beginning of last week. She had no family in this country so my aunt has taken a lot to do with it all...anyway, she had a cat. A two year old boy called Tigger. Apparently she was really upset at having to leave him, and when my aunt said about ringing a cat sanctuary she was breaking her heart about him being put in a cage. So my aunt was looking for someone to take him. I said no way to start with but then thought about it more, and pm'ed Lynn to ask if she thought it would be a good idea to think about taking him. When she heard he was a ginger tabby she said a double yes!

So I went to see him on Sunday and he is the most affectionate cat I've ever seen. Straight onto my knee and rubbing his chin all over me. Took him to the vet yesterday morning and he's in perfect heatlh, except for being a tad overweight. The vet seemed to think the kittens would be ok with him coming into the house since they're still so young, but to give him his own bowls, littertray, bed, and to keep them all separate to where the kittens' stuff is. And also to try and have high up places for him so he could keep his distance from them for a while, and to supervise him with them.

I brought him home yesterday afternoon and I am amazed at how well, and how quickly he seems to have taken to being here. The vet was right about the high up places cos he spent most of yesterday perched on top of the fridge watching. But he is brilliant with them. I went upstairs this morning and came back down to see him and Belle spread out on the table, and twice today I've caught him washing Daisy and Belle. Meeko has been keeping his distance from him though. He's a really docile big cat and so lovable.
And the best thing of all is he's called Tigger so he fits in with my Disney-named clan perfectly!  :evillaugh:
Look at this gorgeous boy. . .I think he's a stunner.  :Luv: :Luv:

Meeko and Daisy

Belle and Daisy

Tigger and Belle

Tigger and Daisy

And now for the other news. I discovered yesterday Belle has a little thing that girls shouldn't have. Belle's a boy! I couldn't believe it, to me he looks really girly, but nope. So I need to get my thinking cap on for a new name for him.

All three kittens are doing brilliantly.  :Luv:

Link to CatChat